It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiculturism. I am not racist nor tribalistic but.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I work in a workforce predominantly staffed by immigrant people from cultural and linguistical diverse backgrounds. The majority of which are dogmatic and fundamental believers of various theological flavours.

I am sickened by the majority of the employees judgemental and bigoted attitudes. The workplace is a nursing home and many of the staff just disregard the clients care needs due to their attitude and beliefs. The clients "lifestyle" choices may have lead some of the elderly too ill health. But they still deserve to be provided the best possible care without judgment of their lifestyle choices/actions?

It is also repungent the migrant workforces disregard for "Australian culture" customs and venacular. I find staff walking down corridors mocking our speech, mimicking various terms in our drawl like "G'day mate" and taking the piss out of "white Australians" their priviledge. Squandering of wealth and social security system etc. All of these benefits are why the majority move here and they take great advantage off these benefits. If I was too copy their tone and inflection whilst speaking which I would not. I would be strung through hot coals for not rolling out the red carpet and accepting our recent arrivals!

I am not racist nor tribalistic I am non judgmental and accepting, I do not see colour I see people everyone is the same. My life partner and mother of our children is a recent "immigrant". I respect all cultures and expect the same in return. But sometimes I question the multiculuItural dream? As theological beliefs breed judgment and dogmatism that is indoctrinated into the next generation.

I am not the quentesetial "Aussie" that loves football, cricket, meat pies and beer. No one should be stereotyped. I am from a 3rd and 4th generation immigrant Eastern European family some of which joined the Australian army fought for the country and assimilated well. We are all immigrants here one way or another. I just hope the next generation of the current wave off immigrants becomes more secular, accepting and "Australian" and we all learn to grow togther. Although I fear indoctrianation will just pass the division along the generations.

This is a contentious topic that has been covered before which I needed to vent about (long night at work with lazy self centered staff). I do hope the multicultural dream eventually blends togther as previous (waves) generations of families have done. Into a nice secular accepting brew that blends, ages and ferments too a nice vintage. Alas I have some doubts due too the dominance and division of theological cu*n*lts....

Need sleep. Looking forward too support, enlightenment or differing opinions of my sleep deprived cynical rant.
edit on 15-6-2018 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wrote this in a thread in 2016:

I’m inclined to view multiculturalism in a negative light for a variety of reasons. Multiculturalism is essentially the promotion of multiple cultures and cultural groups within an area, such as a country. When considering what things multiculturalism provides to a nation, we might be tempted to point out various achievements such as inventions or scientific discoveries. These things however are not the result of culture or race, they are human accomplishments. We do not say “oh, we have developed this new medication only because of the cultural background and ethnicity of these scientists”. They were human beings first, and their human ability to discover or invent such things led to the creation or invention in question, not their culture or race. This human ability exists regardless of such things. The same idea can be applied to economy – were America to be entirely made of one particular group of people, we would not say “Oh, well since we have no Asian-Americans, we will not conduct international business with Asian countries”. Everything that we attribute to multiculturalism will exist without it as well. What multiculturalism does do however is separate people into various groups. As human beings, we have a subconscious psychological desire to fit in to some sort of group, whether it be a religion, political party, sports team, etc. Along with this desire is a subconscious psychological recognition of differences in others. Whether we are aware of it or not, we separate ourselves, and multiculturalism only serves to propagate this psychological phenomenon. As we are divided into groups which bicker and argue and debate one another on a national level, our national identity and national strength is weakened and degraded. Instead of being unified as a people and moving forward as one, multiculturalism forces us to compete for our respective ideas and positions. I don’t feel that multiculturalism benefits society. I think multiculturalism is actually an enemy of progress, cohesion and strength.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I wrote this in a thread in 2016:

I’m inclined to view multiculturalism in a negative light for a variety of reasons. Multiculturalism is essentially the promotion of multiple cultures and cultural groups within an area, such as a country. When considering what things multiculturalism provides to a nation, we might be tempted to point out various achievements such as inventions or scientific discoveries. These things however are not the result of culture or race, they are human accomplishments. We do not say “oh, we have developed this new medication only because of the cultural background and ethnicity of these scientists”. They were human beings first, and their human ability to discover or invent such things led to the creation or invention in question, not their culture or race. This human ability exists regardless of such things. The same idea can be applied to economy – were America to be entirely made of one particular group of people, we would not say “Oh, well since we have no Asian-Americans, we will not conduct international business with Asian countries”. Everything that we attribute to multiculturalism will exist without it as well. What multiculturalism does do however is separate people into various groups. As human beings, we have a subconscious psychological desire to fit in to some sort of group, whether it be a religion, political party, sports team, etc. Along with this desire is a subconscious psychological recognition of differences in others. Whether we are aware of it or not, we separate ourselves, and multiculturalism only serves to propagate this psychological phenomenon. As we are divided into groups which bicker and argue and debate one another on a national level, our national identity and national strength is weakened and degraded. Instead of being unified as a people and moving forward as one, multiculturalism forces us to compete for our respective ideas and positions. I don’t feel that multiculturalism benefits society. I think multiculturalism is actually an enemy of progress, cohesion and strength.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’m inclined to view multiculturalism in a negative light for a variety of reasons. Multiculturalism is essentially the promotion of multiple cultures and cultural groups within an area, such as a country. When considering what things multiculturalism provides to a nation, we might be tempted to point out various achievements such as inventions or scientific discoveries. These things however are not the result of culture or race, they are human accomplishments. We do not say “oh, we have developed this new medication only because of the cultural background and ethnicity of these scientists”. They were human beings first, and their human ability to discover or invent such things led to the creation or invention in question, not their culture or race. This human ability exists regardless of such things. The same idea can be applied to economy – were America to be entirely made of one particular group of people, we would not say “Oh, well since we have no Asian-Americans, we will not conduct international business with Asian countries”. Everything that we attribute to multiculturalism will exist without it as well. What multiculturalism does do however is separate people into various groups. As human beings, we have a subconscious psychological desire to fit in to some sort of group, whether it be a religion, political party, sports team, etc. Along with this desire is a subconscious psychological recognition of differences in others. Whether we are aware of it or not, we separate ourselves, and multiculturalism only serves to propagate this psychological phenomenon. As we are divided into groups which bicker and argue and debate one another on a national level, our national identity and national strength is weakened and degraded. Instead of being unified as a people and moving forward as one, multiculturalism forces us to compete for our respective ideas and positions. I don’t feel that multiculturalism benefits society. I think multiculturalism is actually an enemy of progress, cohesion and strength. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread content prediction in action. Pat yourself on the back. Bravo

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Sadly that type of racism is, in some quarters, openly accepted and in Australia. All you have to do is watch some of the "comedy" programs that get aired on the ABC. They are, on occasion, obnoxiously racist against white Australians. Haven't seen the reverse in a long long time, not saying that it doesn't happen but you won't see it on the TV, except maybe on Housos, which is fine because everybody cops it on that show.

It also doesn't help when you openly employ rather obvious racists.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
My kulture is most krieg.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
If I was too copy their tone and inflection whilst speaking which I would not. I would be strung through hot coals for not rolling out the red carpet and accepting our recent arrivals!

This is sad, i am currently living on a country that has accepted me with no issues like this, i never make fun of any accent or anything and they have never, well mostly never made fun of me or my weird way to talk.

I think is not in general but just some people have very bad education and they would do the same in their own country if you were to go there, or anyone from any other country. They most likely also make fun of people of their own country that have regional accents. They are just uneducated dumb fools

Being me and having a way to never know when to shut up as my most precious gift i would tell them all those things you are trying to not, who cares ! they deserve it and to hell with them

But no probably you would lose your job so maybe you could try to tell them you understand how they feel and that you want things to be better and to all get together along?

Some people suck and that won't change ever, it is sad that this kind of people are the ones you have to work along every day

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
My view is from a small fish tank that probably precipitates some hatred due too the culture of the workplace, origin of immigrants and lack of education. Many people do assimilate well and are more "Australian" than me after a few years and love the countries ethos.

A few people really got on my goat yesterday and I needed to vent.

A reply to: trollz that is a brilliant critique of the application of multiculturalism the term does create division. We should live in a society that embraces assimilationism instead.

A reply to: myselfaswell it was funny when she was refused a visa to the US, Australian Muslim activist deported from US . I know many Islamic people that are moderate and good citizens and beautiful people. But our national broadcaster does not need to employee people that are going to stir up hatred by pushing sentiments of division.

A reply to: WarriorMH I wish everyone would put the same effort into assimilation. Hold your own culture culture close to your heart and leave others too be and love and learn from all.

edit on 16-6-2018 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Taken in a smaller context, When you have guests in your own home (your

own little country
) you would expect them to be considerate and

respectful of you and your family, wouldn't you?

The same should be applied to visitors whether short term or on a more

permanent basis to any country. Its only basic manners.

When in Rome and all that ......

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

If you let them take over and win over you then what will happen?

I think you need to let them know they are going wrong and they have to change, how are you going to deal with this later on when they think you are not strong and they can say whatever they want to say about you all?

I feel like this is a bad thing in general so maybe you are right, i know i am also bringing things to another country that were not here in the first place so i'm part of the "multicultural" thing you said but i know i try to assimilate and not overcome them and this is good, right?

I know i'm no angel or perfect citizen oh well but they suck and that's the truth

edit on 16-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I did a stint at a local factory a few years ago, there were maybe 6 white Australians in a large shed full over 100 or so workers. I didn't know anyone, so I sat at lunch, near where the majority of the workers sat, and the supervisor came up and asked why I don't sit with the Aussies and pointed to a separate area. Having one chap from somalia try answering questions I posed, as he was next to me, was impossible. Definitely nepotism there too, everyone was related. The thai people seemed to be very cliquey.

The behind your back whispers were obvious, but who knows what they were saying and giggling about as they looked over every now and then.

Ahh well, as long as we are forced to tolerate intolerance, all is good, right?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Us Aussies are a rare breed, we can mock our mates and make it sound like a compliment, but if you annoy us well we have plenty of lethal predators to deal with, and then there are the snakes and spiders.

If you want to live under my roof, show respect. I don't care where you came from, what you believe in, what your skin color is-but when you mock someone purely out of spite dispite our hospitality-not cool.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

First, welcome to the NWO. See your having a good time.

Next, just a friendly FYI, the US audience has been conditioned after years of PC indoctrination to see statements such as "I am not racist nor tribalistic" to mean that the speaker IS racist and tribalistic. Further, if you are cis-gendered White, you ARE by definition RACIST. The only real solution is to own your racism, keep your mouth shut, and move to the back of the bus.

Also, as an FYI, as far as I can tell, at least as concerns the US audience, theres nothing wrong with being tribalistic. In fact it seems, at least as the US is concerned, tribalism is being encouraged.

Have a nice day and get a new job!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
In a multicultural society, you can see the cultures that are backward. The way they treat women, attitudes to gays and "difference", acceptance of others, willingness to mingle with others, willingness to conform and adapt etc...

In the UK a major gov report (forget where, but happy to link if people are interested), basically concluded that some parts of UK society attempted to retain their cultural/social norms by self-segregation, and sought to remain outside of mainstream UK culture, including working to ensure "their" women remained uneducated and dependent i.e. by stopping them working and being educated. Essentially, the message was multiculturalism fails if left alone.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
We need more Slav diversity in our lives.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I am in a strong tribe, we are a mixed bag of Brits, Eastern Europeans, some Asian, and even a Saudi prince. We are bound together from the 90's rave/illegal free part scene, the MDMA days of sharing your water with strangers.
The next generation is equally bound up in our tribe having slept at campfires as children at our dance parties.
I am British, but my tribe is anyone who follows our code of ethics and morals. I wouldn't change it for the world.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Hear the drums, they come from the sea
Bring the tribal spirit on me
Cause my pride and my roots I believe
No, this tribe you can't take it from me

Apalai apiaca arara botocudo
Goitaka guarany yamamadi ypixuna
Maori aboriginal zulu banshee
Mohican masai hopi panga
Omai asaro xingu buli
Guaikuru tukano tupinamba karo
Kaiapo

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Beaches, the sea, and drums are a big part of my tribe

...and anyone can join us, just be a decent human being who likes to enjoy social gatherings.
We lost a guy off a cliff a couple of years ago (my best mate and working partner) and I'm looking forward to the next big gathering for his birthday next month. Tribe is love to me, and love is the tribe.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Ok dude don't have to apologize, for folks who are being dicks no matter their points of origins, multiculturalism is not necessarily a bad thing, it presupposes give and take, it doesn't mean you subsume your own culture, or else it's not multi culturalism but imperialism, I am the quintessential multicultralist I can accept many things but not all things from different cultures , if your culture ain't fun, I have very little interest, if it's fun and not judgmental , we kool, BTW love Australia, had some great times there, random folks invited me to a meal after meeting me in a pub, a little town south of Perth called Bunbury was so country but so fkng awesome, Sidney, Melbourn , man .. Australians generally associated with great times.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not wishing to go off-topic so apologies in advance, but speaking of tribalism, I feel massively part of a tribe.
100+ people I deeply trust who are my age, then maybe another hundred 'twenty something year old' 'children' who are the next generation.
Just curious about other member's perception of your tribe, and numbers?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH
A a reply to:aliensanonymous

I feel like this is a bad thing in general so maybe you are right, i know i am also bringing things to another country that were not here in the first place so i'm part of the "multicultural" thing you said but i know i try to assimilate and not overcome them and this is good, right?

Definatle other aspects, rituals, language and cultures add beauty and colour too the world, it would be a boring place if we where all the same

A reply to: SummerRain

Yes it erks me how others expect tolerance of their beliefs/culture, yet judge and piled hatred on others. Especially the LGBTI community, because you know the Bible or Quaran states this.........

A reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yes I have to bite my tongue a lot us "Aussies" tend to be more straight forward, and call a spade a f#ing shovel. We can be acerbic, synacial and realy take the piss in a manner recent arrivals find offensive. I even have to moderate my general misdemeanor and accent at times as others do not understand my directions otherwise, or take offense at our liberal use of sware words and strange terms.

A reply too: TonyS

Lol. Your post made me laugh. Also I do need a new job have been in the current place of employment far to long. You would serve less time here for murder than this stint.

A reply to: paraphi

It is sad that people move for opportunity. Yet stay in the dark ages.

A reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Your tribe sounds like a lot of fun, love and light. I grew up in a tribe smaller but with the same sort off ethos. But have moved changed tribes and now prefer to be alone a lot I find big groups stagnate my progression.

Although I should join the community more as it is good for your health and the common good. I am very community minded country boy and love planting plants, pick up rubbish daily etc. But with age the group ideal has been beaten out off me...

A reply to: Spider879

Southwest Western Australia is a beautiful spot, off down there camping, fishing trapping maron next week yay. And they certainly know how to drink and party in Bunbury a small but welcome town. Sounds like you had an awesome trip?
edit on 17-6-2018 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join