It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiculturism. I am not racist nor tribalistic but.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Consider it from their point of view, coming from places where multiculturalism doesn't really exist as we know it.

I would argue that we do these people a disservice by allowing them entry, and just expecting them to immediately..behave.. for want of a better word, as we would expect of ourselves under the same rules and social proprieties, despite the differing cultural concepts.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Not wishing to go off-topic so apologies in advance, but speaking of tribalism, I feel massively part of a tribe.
100+ people I deeply trust who are my age, then maybe another hundred 'twenty something year old' 'children' who are the next generation.
Just curious about other member's perception of your tribe, and numbers?

Tribes are beautiful, i don't particularly belong to any because i have been moving too often so i was never able to become part of one but i can see it in other people, well right now i'm kind of 'accepted' as part of one but not quite yet i'm just working on it

I can see how they all know each other and even some of them that moved to other countries come back and hang out the same and they are all supportive, have their own traditions and all kind of nice things, it is beautiful

I hang out with a group of about 50/60 persons, mostly guys but there are several girls too, it is a bit weird since i don't know much about them but they just pretend i do most of the time and just let things move forward, i don't think some of them know my name lmfao i'm just 'the blonde' or 'blondie' or something like that.

One thing nice is that you make something dumb and they will never forget and you will get teased forever, but in a nice, loving kind of way, no offensive way but as brothers and sisters and that's awesome, it makes you feel part of everything and if you tease someone else they join and take your side and we all have great times

I think that's how a tribe is and they are all family, if someone gets in trouble they act right away too, i have seen and no one is left behind ever

Most are older than me, between 25/30 or so but there are 12/15/18 too so it's ok, i also know a few who are in their 60s and are part of everything just the same as everyone else, i think it makes things a lot better having some differences because it brings a lot of things together that would not happen ever otherwise
edit on 17-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

Haha blondie is my nickname in the tribe and I don't know why because I've never been blonde always a shaved head.
I haven't shaved it since last November though and everyone is like wtf how much hair do you have?! It's thick and wavy lol

Tribes are the way forward and the teasing you speak of is an important part of it. If you can't tease each other then you don't truly trust or love each other.
Some loved mates are from Czech, Slovakia and Poland, we tease them that say a bet at the pool table will be for 3 cabbages or whatever, teasing is part of being loved, it's banter lol

I absolutely love my tribe and everyone can call on each other, from drug dealers to plumbers we keep it all in-house.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

haven't shaved it since last November though and everyone is like wtf how much hair do you have?! It's thick and wavy lol

Maybe they thought you were losing something *wink*... Lmfao just kidding

Tribes are the way forward and the teasing you speak of is an important part of it. If you can't tease each other then you don't truly trust or love each other.

I have learned this to be very true and i love it, i wish to stay here forever if possible because it is so great to be part of something like this

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Lol I didn't realise I had so many hairs per square inch!

But tribes, yes, and tribalism, I couldn't imagine how lonely it would be to not be in a strong one.
I'm British but mine is made up of people from around the world, people with shared values...party heads who don't rip people off

EDIT
Off-topic, but here's a local band my life tribe love...

edit on 18-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
We need more Slav diversity in our lives.

Nah, that is entirely too long. Succinct, distinct, with a sphincter is a lot quicker.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Lol I didn't realise I had so many hairs per square inch!

But tribes, yes, and tribalism, I couldn't imagine how lonely it would be to not be in a strong one.
I'm British but mine is made up of people from around the world, people with shared values...party heads who don't rip people off

EDIT
Off-topic, but here's a local band my life tribe love...

I like the sound of this song a lot

Thank you for posting it, by any chance you have the written lyrics?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Lysergic
We need more Slav diversity in our lives.

Nah, that is entirely too long. Succinct, distinct, with a sphincter is a lot quicker.

LMFAO what is this i don't know what to say, you crazy guy lmao

That was fun, will have to show my friends

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ah sorry, they really are a local band, I've watched them in small pubs with like less than a hundred people there, massively popular in my tribe though, I'll message them on facebook and try to get the lyrics.
My tribe is music and kindness based. We are all from the 90's rave/free party scene, and so are our now adult kids who grew up sleeping at campfires while we partied.
'Land of the giants' though, I'd so recommend seing a gig of theirs, so much energy and passion...they epitomise my life tribe to be fair.

EDIT
I'm actually in the crowd in the vid, but I won't say at what point lol

edit on 21-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Ah sorry, they really are a local band, I've watched them in small pubs with like less than a hundred people there, massively popular in my tribe though, I'll message them on facebook and try to get the lyrics.
My tribe is music and kindness based. We are all from the 90's rave/free party scene, and so are our now adult kids who grew up sleeping at campfires while we partied.
'Land of the giants' though, I'd so recommend seing a gig of theirs, so much energy and passion...they epitomise my life tribe to be fair.

EDIT
I'm actually in the crowd in the vid, but I won't say at what point lol

I can see someone having a Guinness there lol, i like that beer

Here's a stormy one

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Lol you twat, you take the piss same as me, I love it, better than whining about women in a MGTOW thread!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Lol you twat, you take the piss same as me, I love it, better than whining about women in a MGTOW thread!

For sure, not afraid at all to try new things, i may get in trouble for this but oh well i have spent so many great days and nights without thinking about those dumb issues that it mostly doesn't matter now, i'm close to not caring at all

Let's live and move on, life doesn't wait

But "twat" i don't know lol, it sounds ugly :O i'm a twat? :/ lol
edit on 21-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Twat is a British swear word but a term of endearment amongst friends, banter

EDIT
...honestly if I call you a twat then it comes from a good place in my heart, most Brits will understand, sorry if it seems blunt. It's not
edit on 22-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Twat is a British swear word but a term of endearment amongst friends, banter

Ohhh i see for a moment i thought i was an idiot and i was the only one that didn't know lmfao

I'm sorry for misunderstanding this

Now i get it, we have similar things lol i just always thought it wasn't meant to be used on the internet because it is not easy to tell when you are saying it as friend or not when meeting new people.

Things are confusing, i don't even know, each culture has too many things to keep in track, how do you deal with that or you just don't care and let everyone figure it out on their own?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Lol I just explain myself when I offend people accidentally!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Lol I just explain myself when I offend people accidentally!

No offense taken here guy

Now if you sir would be so kind to please give me more videos to listen to i would be very grateful. As you should already know i would like to learn more about your way of living so please help out a bit with more great stuff

By the way i always thought Led Zeppelin was an American band, i don't know why. I love their songs because my mom used to play them a lot few years back, but i just never understood several things until recently and then i learned they were actually from London? :S

edit on 22-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH
Now if you sir would be so kind to please give me more videos to listen to i would be very grateful.

Cathy, she is based in Ibiza but plays here every now and then, her freestyling to EDM is her best though...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join