It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the most wonderful time of the year. (E3)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I'm all about VR now, so I'm really waiting for it to take root a bit more. I feel it'll be interesting to watch that process over the next couple of years.

Pretty spoiled on it though.. I might have my issues with where the tech currently stands, but I very, very rarely play anything on a typical screen anymore.

What is your hardware?

I do want to get involved with it, but was the right setup, not the advertised type.

still have google cardboard lol and.. it's pants. especially with a samsung... holy drift batman..

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I'm all about VR now, so I'm really waiting for it to take root a bit more.

If you have an Oculus Rift "Stormland" looks interesting.

No disassemble Johnny 5.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I would love to get VR going especially since my pc is capable of it but I am holding out for Microsoft Hololens. I think that tech would be really cool and much less disorienting. But I have not tried a true VR set yet just crappy cardboard sets.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
EA's Idea of "Gameplay footage" for BATTLEFIELD 5.

Yawn.

No doubt stuffed with loot crates and pay to win.
Keep buying it they'll keep churning it out.

EA = Maximum suckage.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

VR sounds all neat and stuff, but I want the tech and games to mature more before I jump.

My case has the space for me to build into it, but I would need to invest into a better vid card, cooling system, and possibly a processor first.

And that's aside from the goggles.

From what I see, most of the games are still sort of gimmicky and of very limited length for all that investment.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I watched the EA presentation yesterday, some fun stuff, Battlefield V looked pretty good, but I'm getting bored of the same old thing over and over from COD and Battlefield.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Watched about 15 minutes of it but it was a typical EA hype and cheese fest , for me the main announcement was at the beginning where the presenter was talking about their plans for cloud based streaming of games which sounded a lot like a subscription based pay to play system , customers will no longer own games but rent the right to play them from EA.

Just as well I don't like EA or their games so I won't have to partake but if they're successful other publishers will follow.

Gaming is being killed by business.

Strong language from a rightfully angry man.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I agree that fair gaming is being killed with the pay to win type games that seem to be coming out lately. I've had Battlefield games in the past but stopped buying them, I've stopped buying a lot of games to be fair with the new business and money over game play ideas of late.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

I have the HP headset, and a 1070ti.

I wasn't particularly happy with the lower stuff, but I definitely am with the MS units.

Like I said, I DO have my issues.. but overall its just wonderful.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

No rift.. I wasn't willing to spend that much at this stage.

But, I have found that everything works surprisingly well "cross platform," as long as its available through non-proprietary means like Steam.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I call most of them "tech demos," as gimmicky is too kind!

Doesn't mean they aren't fun though.. and we have been getting actual games recently as well as software like Vorpx.

I jumped in because to actually get to where I personally want VR to be, I'm expecting to wait a while and I felt we were right on the cusp of starting to get "real" games (which was correct, thankfully).

I didn't need to get anything other than the headset though. Earlier, I upgraded from 2 x 4870 to the 1070ti. Still working with a 2700k.. though its on water.

I'm also ALWAYS on the watch for something that gives me a similar experience to Guild Wars 2 WvWvW. We will see..

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I agree that fair gaming is being killed with the pay to win type games that seem to be coming out lately. I've had Battlefield games in the past but stopped buying them, I've stopped buying a lot of games to be fair with the new business and money over game play ideas of late.

Lootbox gaming needs to die a cold death. I refuse to pay to win. It's one thing to dangle cosmetics in front of people, but it's another thing entirely to link game success to lootboxes after you've milked players for $60 just to log in.

I don't even mind a play to earn model where you can expect success with the bare bones kit and can expand with perks earned through play, but paying for the power is just plain wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Oh saweeet!

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes, even better that I think this time, they're supposed to be letting you make your own protag instead of forcing you to play a pre-made.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Was hoping for more. Guessing it's still a ways off yet. =(

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
From Bethesda we got:
Rage 2
Prey DLC
Wolfenstein II DLC
Elder Scrolls Blades (Mobile MMO that looks kind of cool IMO)
Fallout 76. Rust style from the looks of it (Told you all so!!!)
Elder Scrolls 6 confirmed
Starfield confirmed.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I don't think it's until next year sometime last I heard. Honestly, there just aren't many games tickling my fancy lately. So many cookie cutter jobs.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yea, nothing screams EPIC anymore. Are we spoiled or is there truly a lack of innovation?

I think all the games I'm really looking forward to are still way off. Pantheon, ESVI, FO5 etc.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I don't know. Anthem looks pretty sweet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join