It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Detention Center Holding Migrant Children Calls the Cops on US Senator

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
we do need a fix for some of these problems but imo step one would be to reunite families and stop splitting them up cruelly just to portray the process negatively while hoping the cruelty will change others minds

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A wall will not stop the immigration. We don’t even have a new wall up yet and illegal immigration has dropped. So is a expensive wall even worth it. NO it is not. Are mini gitmo’s at an old walmart store necessary? NO
This crap is getting out of hand and something needs to be done. And not just by our government but by those that have their citizens leaving to avoid whatever it is they are avoiding. But a wall.... C’mon DB you are smarter than that. There are other solutions that could benefit those countries as well. All a wall will do is isolation and give the go for those southern countries to allow cartels to do what ever. The situation would only get worse. And at that time all eyes will be on us to fix it.
This wall is just a 13 billion dollar bandaid on the problem. And ya I have heard the whole thing “Mexico will pay for the wall”. In reality you pay for it first then maybe we can tax the crap out of Mexico for the wall. What do you think that will do. Make the problem even worse I imagine.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Duplicate...oops
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Interesting to note that the CEO of this Non-profit company "Southwest Key" (Juan Sanchez)
is probably making close to 770,000 annual salary. The CFO about half a million.

These new Child Detention contracts will require his pants have more and bigger pockets, I'm guessing.
www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So, they are supposed to let adult people in there to gawk at the kids just because someone says they are a Senator. There are some high ranking people in this country who are pedophiles too. I would say that the Senator should have to have something from the local court system verifying that he was all right. I would let the senator into the office areas, but unless there was some paperwork, I doubt if I would let him into the area with the kids. Would you let someone who was a Senator come into your house if you had foster kids without the proper ok from the agency that placed them there, that is the first place I would call to find if it is alright for that guy to be there if I fostered kids.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Why this sudden issue with the children?
a reply to: DBCowboy

Children are the perfect political pawns.

Correct........

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

There is a multitude of reasons to seek asylum. And every country on earth falls into the “asylum thing”.

That is too easy a statement to make... there are asylum lawyers lined up on the border prepping them for what and what not to say. Do you really think they are true asylum cases?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

none of that gives us permission to be inhumane and cruel

Seems people want to present all these other countries as bad places to live as a death sentence if they go back etc, and then we go to all of them for vacations...lol

The whole border thing is a scam anyways with endless lawyers waiting and willing to prepped them on exactly what to say etc. I hope that people do know that there happens to be 7 billion on this planet, but for some reason only those south of us matter with all this. We can have millions dies in Darfur but that poor Mexican family needs asylum... total bull crap...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky
Honestly I was a kid in juvee once. I promise you the treatment these kids get in those facilities is better than what delinquent citizens In lockup get. We were not even allowed to keep toilet paper in the room, for risk of intentionally flooding the toilet. You have it better in an adult jail, I tell you this from experience.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is too easy a statement to make... there are asylum lawyers lined up on the border prepping them for what and what not to say

And the other side of the border is being patrolled by cartels who make $$$ kidnapping asylum seekers who have been turned away or are waiting to get in.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

www.nbcconnecticut.com...

Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon says in a Facebook video that Casa Padre, a center run by the non-profit Southwest Key, was housing possibly hundreds of refugee children who had been separated from their parents. He arrived at what he said was a former Walmart after he was refused an official visit by the federal Office of Refuge Resettlement and Southwest Key, with which it contracts for the care of the children.

Seems like they should have to let official government officers in government facilities.The man is our representative in a representative government.

I think he has the legal right to go in the facility and any real sheriff would help him. what say ats?

Did you read your own article ?

after he was refused an official visit by the federal Office of Refuge Resettlement and Southwest Key

Does a member of the Federal Government not know that he was refused approval by a Federal Office ?
Or was he just trying to "throw his weight around" ?
I vote the latter
If I am refused approval to enter a Federal Office , I know the outcome if I do . And I am not , nor ever have been , a member of the Federal Government
What a loon
Instead of challenging the denial , he decided to take it on his own .
"Beauty is only skin deep , stupid goes all the way to the bone"

edit on 6/5/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Good one. I stand corrected.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

He should have not stood down. He should've called in the Fed's or the National Guard to make entry and complete his inspection. Arresting anyone who resists.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Trying to do so is not within his powers. And even trying to do so would make him out to be a fool.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

www.nbcconnecticut.com...

Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon says in a Facebook video that Casa Padre, a center run by the non-profit Southwest Key, was housing possibly hundreds of refugee children who had been separated from their parents. He arrived at what he said was a former Walmart after he was refused an official visit by the federal Office of Refuge Resettlement and Southwest Key, with which it contracts for the care of the children.

Seems like they should have to let official government officers in government facilities.The man is our representative in a representative government.

I think he has the legal right to go in the facility and any real sheriff would help him. what say ats?

Why would a representative from oregon have any authority in texas? He is not their rep.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Why would anyone from Oregon have power over the people of Texas? did they appoint him? Maybe he should go worry about Oregon. If he has an issue bring it tot he Rep. of Texas attention.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Honestly I was a kid in juvee once. I promise you the treatment these kids get in those facilities is better than what delinquent citizens In lockup get. We were not even allowed to keep toilet paper in the room, for risk of intentionally flooding the toilet. You have it better in an adult jail, I tell you this from experience.

Well cheers to hoping.

Seems like if that is the case then they could have allowed entry without cameras and such at least.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, they are supposed to let adult people in there to gawk at the kids just because someone says they are a Senator. There are some high ranking people in this country who are pedophiles too. I would say that the Senator should have to have something from the local court system verifying that he was all right. I would let the senator into the office areas, but unless there was some paperwork, I doubt if I would let him into the area with the kids. Would you let someone who was a Senator come into your house if you had foster kids without the proper ok from the agency that placed them there, that is the first place I would call to find if it is alright for that guy to be there if I fostered kids.

yes
they should allow gov. officials inspect.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

what should he have done?

i did not get the point you were making

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Trump supporters don't care because these could (god forbid) be future liberals and their children might vote Democrat one day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join