It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Undermines North Korea Summit By Leaking Report To Media Asset

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: peter vlar

Unfortunately we're not the only country who has people willing to undermine peace efforts.

As it stands North Korea is a necessary evil.

If peace breaks out who assists North Korea? Who pays the bills? Should the borders open or dissolve, who takes the refugees who literally have no concept of a world outside of the one that has been constructed in their minds?

Those are all questions that scare the living # out of South Korea, Japan, and China.

Ummm...perhaps better questions might be...who gets to modernize North Korea...Who gets to invest in all of the many things the west takes for granted...yet the North Korean citizenry lacks...

Think big picture...a smart phone in every hand...two cars in every garage...housing and land ownership for all...

Once that country opens up...everything and I mean everything will flood that country...instead of fleeing...I think the population will be happily at work rebuilding their country...

JMO...

YouSir

Don't forget all the new statues of Trump next to Kim Jong-un with their hands raised together. It's going to be bigly huige.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Grambler

Thank god the Deep State has become a house hold term.

Doesnt that make them more dangerous? If they now have nothing to lose by taking more overt actions (they have already been exposed) what's going to stop them from being more and more bold in their actions?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

On the other hand, I wouldn't discount the possibility that it's something else entirely. Let's not forget that the guy leading the negotiations just transitioned to Secretary of State from being Director of the CIA. It could be a directed leak intended to lower expectations. It could be a seed planted in the event that the negotiations go bust. It could also be a signal to the NK that we suspect they're not acting in good faith.

My guess is this 100%. You dont make the Director of CIA the new Sec of State and not use his CIA connections. Especially after he was acting like the Sec of State while he was the CIA head.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: six67seven
Nope, this would indicate that a 'deep state' faction is operating to undermine our sitting president in order to maintain the status quo.

But the left says day in, day out that there is no 'deep state'... that it's simply a right wing conspiracy theory. So if they say so, it must be true!, right?!

As if we haven't known for decades, that for over a century there has been a faceless government pulling the strings in the shadows of the known government.

Whatever can be done or not about the deep state, we all saw Bolton on TV trying to torpedo the meeting. Start by getting him out.

I'm not sure about Bolton quite yet. Trump may not be the 8D chess player some claim, but he's a smart guy, and had a reason for bringing Bolton in, knowing his reputation. Once he is used up, he will be discarded. But I still think he has a purpose in the NK thing.

Same. He was a major player in the Dayton Accords, which were used to balkanize Czechoslovakia. He has a reputation as a neocon warhawk. My initial impression was that he was brought in as "show-muscle" for world stage tough guy purposes, to allow Trump to be the good guy...and later get a "You're fired!" moment....which, as we all know, the crowd simply loves!

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Unfortunately, regional stability could see reductions in their budget. They’re protecting their payroll at the expense of a safer East Asia. God forbid that we are able to reduce intelligence assets and military presence on the Korean Peninsula. I don’t care who the president is or what my personal feelings on him are. This would be a good thing if it happens and a far preferable solution to a decapition strike at NK’s leadership. It almost seems like some factions of our government would prefer open war.

Yes this is a crystal clear example of the very Military Industrial Complex which Eisenhower dedicated a his farewell speech to ensuring that we would be aware of the danger of.

The corporations that supply everything from Military Contractors, to the bombs we drop, to the bandages and medicines we use to patch up our soldiers, to the state of the art research and development labs...

All these people, can't make money without war/tensions.

They cant have war/tensions without military involvement.

And the military doesn't act without intelligence.

Then the media glosses it all over, so we sleep pescefully at night knowing All our tax dollars we are each contributing to this Complex are all going towards fighting pure evil, like when we got those sons of bitches who went in those hospitals and took all those babies from the incubators and tossed them on the ground! And that other time we totally busted Saddam with WMDs! And then we gave that child raping bastard Qaddaffi what he deserved!

Children are being harmed somewhere??
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

It's actually pretty insidious, and a little sickening, how they use our goodwill and our generosity against us like that. They take our best traits and use that to commit atrocities against the entire human race, in Our name.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Thank god the Deep State has become a house hold term.

Doesnt that make them more dangerous? If they now have nothing to lose by taking more overt actions (they have already been exposed) what's going to stop them from being more and more bold in their actions?

Because if the puppet master become known to the general public they are no longer the shadow government that in people's minds may or may not exist, they will just be the controlling government and at that point the ruse is up .

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Well first this intercept was from 2014 when obama was potus and no did ha no intentions at the time to give up nuke program but that was 4 years ago since then they had a major disaster with their nuke program. Second this can not be tolerated if someone at cia is actively trying to undermine current admin they need to be brought up on charges and arrested .

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Grambler, I enjoy reading your threads and posts and this is another good one.
When I read this ,IMHO, the leak is probably not at the CIA however I would never rule it out.
I would really think that this "leak" is from the democrats on the intelligence committee. Schiff is a known leaker and a enemy of the pres.The democrats do not want Pres Trump to succeed at anything let alone bring peace to the Korean Peninsula. Pres Trump in my opinion is going into these talks with his eyes wide open and not really expecting much other then first contact. If he can arrange to have the North and South sign a treaty to cease hostilities that have been going on since 1953, since the cease-fire, that would really be huge and a realistic goal for the first meeting.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Trump can water "rocket mans" eyes with offers of help economically to bring the Hermit Kingdom into the at least the 19th century. His aides have now seen what the outside world looks like and maybe they would want their country to start working to have some prosperity also.
We'll See!

edit on 2-6-2018 by Bob350 because: clarity

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If you were going to leak something that you didn't want people to know was coming from you, would you use a very known "associate" of yours to do it? Especially since you have many more "associates" that are not known to be tied to you?

The answer is no you wouldn't.

Either this wasn't the CIA (but someone that wanted people to think it was), or it was the CIA and 1.) they wanted people to know it was them working against the President's efforts, or 2.) it's a part of the President's efforts at the negotiating table.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Military Tribunals now.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
We having a saying in the UK; "no s**t sherlock"

The fact the cia is trying to undermine something is of little to no surprise really and NK have explicitly said they aren't going to disarm many many times; gadaffi effect anyone?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No one is afraid of that just like when the Berlin Wall fell, West Germany didn’t panic. They just found solutions to their growing pains step by step.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

He isn’t the first reporter who has been caught dealing with CIA. Ever heard of a guy named Ray Mazzetti? He still works for The NY Times after he was exposed allowing the CIA to censor news stories. That he didn’t get fired, speaks volumes about the publication.

edit on 3-6-2018 by KovitEnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

According to NBC News, the report was leaked to none other than NBC national security reporter Ken Dilanian, known as “The CIA’s Mop-Up Man.”

So I see a statement like this and here is how I read it.....

"National security reporter Ken Dilanian is the fall guy for this controlled leak. He'll probably be fired or retired or reprimanded or something but 100% of the blame will fall on him and CNN will come out unscathed".

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Anyway, who wants diplomacy with NK? If we'd finished the job way back when none of this would have ever happened. Just another example of war protesters and peaceniks sabotaging the future. When you fight a war you'd damn well better fight to win or you're done.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's amazing how many people, in their hatred for Trump, are willing to kill tens, if not hundreds of thousands of Americans and Koreans.

Very Progressive of them.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil
This literally has nothing to do with Trump. CIA has been doing this for decades. First, officially and then unofficially. CIA’s entire mission is to create destabilization in multiple regions around the world. If they don’t do it, they become obsolete and trust me when I say that competition for funding between NSA & CIA is vicious. It’s about money and keeping their jobs. Their mission continues despite who holds office. It isn’t political in that sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join