It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Ratings: Primetime Audience Collapses 25 Percent in May

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Gothmog

There are obviously two different demographics that watch or click the respective outlets, that was my point but it fell on deaf ears apparently.

I get what you're saying, but the numbers actually show the liberal demographics watch about the same amount of TV. When you combine the liberal news networks, they have about the same viewership numbers Fox does. There's for sure more young people than old people clicking on websites though.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fox News for years has been a laughing stock. They've been known to be extremely bias in their reporting favouring the republicans and the right. CNN on the other hand was considered more central and more fairer in its reporting. Things have changed now. CNN has gone full bias and full left. There are still some that think CNN is still what it was, reputable and that Fox News are the bad ones. But currently Fox News is much more central than CNN and much more fairer. These rating I believe reflect that. People are seeing CNN go full bias and are fed up and are not watching it anymore, whereas Fox News seems more fairer and people are choosing it as their go to cable news. Fox News is still considered biased though, its just its not as bad as CNN.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Just a thought but maybe you could just stop being racist. Since it bothers you so much! lol

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'll just add this here...

The last time I stayed in a hotel (been about 5 months), the TV was set to come on every time on CNN. It didn't matter what I was watching when I turned it off, as soon as it came on it was on CNN. They had DirecTV service, so I recognized the channel and knew what channel to go to pretty fast, just from the channel number.

Hotel was pretty nice except for that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Ratings are based on Nielsen households. Airports and hotels are not Nielsen households.

Christ! There was a time when people on this site did even the bare minimum of research before making a claim.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Then either you or that "study" are talking out their ass. Viewership numbers are extrapolated from Nielsen ratings. Nielsen ratings come the viewing habits of Nielsen households. Nielsen households are not public businesses.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's not going anywhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Nelson doesn't monitor airports viewership.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

CNN’s Ratings Will Now be Measured Outside the Home (Jul. 26, 2017)

Nielsen has announced the addition of two new subscribers to its Out-of-Home audience measurement service: CNN and Turner Sports.

Under terms of the agreement, both CNN and Turner Sports will get weekly reports that include daily data for program and commercial audience estimates for TV viewing in offices, airports, gyms, bars, hotels and basically anywhere one can watch television outside of the home.
💥

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Surely at ATS most people understand that TV is used to promote anything and everything, its no truth machine

Kudos! You have spoken truth......which is more than I can say for CNN!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Ratings are based on Nielsen households. Airports and hotels are not Nielsen households.

Christ! There was a time when people on this site did even the bare minimum of research before making a claim.

I entirely agree with you!!! I wish people would just do an absolute minimum of research before posting drivel.

Nielsen has announced the addition of two new subscribers to its Out-of-Home audience measurement service: CNN and Turner Sports.

Under terms of the agreement, both CNN and Turner Sports will get weekly reports that include daily data for program and commercial audience estimates for TV viewing in offices, airports, gyms, bars, hotels and basically anywhere one can watch television outside of the home.

That was in July of 2017.

You can just message me an apology... I'd hate to see you look stupid in the thread.

ETA: You beat me to it Xue... thanks!
edit on 1-6-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I wonder why...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

edit on 1/6/18 by TrowaBarton because: I just cant be bothered and there is honestly no point. Try as I might it's just impossible to converse on this forum anymore

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can only say.....GOOD it's about damn time they started to suffer for their one sided rendition of the nightly news.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Eh, I watch no cable. Got rid of it.

I never go to CNN's site.

That being said, I don't go to Fox either

edit on 1-6-2018 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrowaBarton

Hard to respond to you when you edited out your post.

Your edit sounds like it should be in the rant section though... Have a hanky!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sillyolme

CNN’s Ratings Will Now be Measured Outside the Home (Jul. 26, 2017)

💥

Hmmmmm......interesting. I would assume that would bloat their numbers big time vs people that would be knowingly switching the channel to a certain channel. If CNN contractually sells or provides their channel or packages to providers for commercial use (which they do) they would in a sense be controlling their own ratings to some degree. If so, their ratings are much worse than their numbers show. Theoretically of course.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
According to THIS source their web page is only getting stronger with more clicks. Lots of people are ditching cable these days in favor of alternate methods and guess who is the majority that watches Fox News? Old people who grew up with TV as their main source of entertainment and are more comfortable with keeping their cable subscription.

It's good to look at things in context.

I work in the technical field of a major ISP and I can testify that this isn't true...yet. We have hybrid IP/Cable services, where the cable comes in over IP, before the cable card locking on, which boasts a faster load sequence. People also have wireless devices/Apps that they watch their "Cable" service on...over the internet....but, they have to have cable to do this. Most cable comes in from a Satellite anyway. My point, hardwired devices (Receiver's and DVR's) will be a thing of the past, everything will be Wireless, and the IOT will be the most costly mistake that everyone will have made, I suspect cable will still be the driving force of most of this for some years to come. You have to remember, ISP's force technology onto you despite your age. The old and the Young are all watching cable in the same world, or the old people that choose not to keep up...get left behind. We all use the same technologies today, old people and new alike. As for CNN and their webpage...they spew the same illogical crap on there, as they do on the cable boxes. It's their "message" that makes them who they are....Liars and script reading, stage artists.
edit on 1-6-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
June 3, 2018

President Trump said yesterday that "CNN is dead". It's not dead, but definitely in a state of cardiac arrest.

Source: townhall.com...

I don't want CNN to fade away quietly like this. Going out in a bang!, with arrests of its CEO (Jeff Zucker), Don Lemon, Jake Tapper, and a few others on the payroll would be GLORIOUS.

The icing on the cake at this time is that (according to the above article) FoxNews now has 10 of the top 15 cable TV news shows. Wow!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Receiving stolen property is one charge (leaked government reports).

Hindering prosecution is another (lying about guilty parties).

Harboring criminals too (hiring known xGovt liars and thieves and perjurers).

🔐

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join