It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll-Most Unbiased News Source

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
For my own sake as well as perhaps others, I'd like to see what fellow ATS'ers use for their sources of unbiased information. Perhaps that's not quite an apt term as something completely unbiased likely would not survive in the current media environment.

Be that it may, I'd still like to see.

www.businessinsider.com... - Not too bad but it's paywalled and usually requires a little work around.

www.newsweek.com... - I've used content from them fairly often as well.

Yours?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, I mean everyone has their own bias, it’s our nature so trying to find an unbiased source is probably the wrong way to look at it. Seeing issues from other perspectives is a good thing. What you should be looking for is an outlet with intrigity.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I actually do not believe there is one so I choose to use the most biased ones of both sides as to get a good idea of what polar opposites are thinking.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I use Google to search for a subject, then read the articles with interesting headlines.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well, I mean everyone has their own bias, it’s our nature so trying to find an unbiased source is probably the wrong way to look at it. Seeing issues from other perspectives is a good thing. What you should be looking for is an outlet with intrigity.

Yes, I thought it was a given that fact finding was at the center of perusing news sites.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I find this one is Less " Slanty " than some of the other TRASH.......';'''

freebeacon.com...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I honestly gave some serious thought to the question you posed.

I do not have an answer for you.

Simply because bias is in the eye of the beholder.

There will be people here who will say CNN is the most unbiased.

Some might say Fox.

We have been lied to for so long that facts have vanished in favor of a truth spoon-fed to us by a partisan nanny.

Just my opinion, but I don't think a news source exists that is unbiased.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think you're wrong, at all. Thus the point of the thread.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Definitely True Pundit

😎😁

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Definitely True Pundit

😎😁

Now I got you figured out just by that post. You are a funny person I must say.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
1."The Onion"

Followed by the highly esteemed and trustworthy "ThirdPhaseofTheMoon". Hahaha

I'm a very well informed, yet "news" free kind of person.

I honestly don't have a go to "news" source.

It's all b.s. anyway.

edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 24 May 2018 23:22:10 -05005pmThursdayth11pm by EternalShadow because: edit

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

This one seems to Lean Towards the " Quirky " News...........I sense Less Slant here than most others too .....

paper.li...#/

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
C-Span

Google is far from it. They make sure their algorithm places liberal sources first and then conservative after. Do any type of political search and check the first page vs the 3rd page.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well let the lefties unleash on me, but I would say Fox for MSM.
I have heard them say good things (albeit few) about Obama and other Dems when they actually did something good. And they will also call out Republicans on the bad.
I will admit they mostly cater to the right but you won’t hear one good thing on the right from CNN, MSNB, and NPR is getting there as well.
edit on 24-5-2018 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It used to be but even the oldest news outlets always pushed propaganda too. Ben Franklin did it all the time with his printing press. But as the years roll, the bar of journalist integrity has continued to drop, notch by notch.

In this day of modern news via the internet there are so many places to get news but many of them never even considered integrity as a part of their reporting.

Integrity over Bias is more important than ever in these trying times.

edit on 24-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I use the News360 app. Its a news aggregator that will list several sources of articles on a topic. It's the only way I've found not to get stuck into a single source with an agenda. Sometimes, you can really tell that a lot of newspapers and TV news do little more than copy an article. Sometimes word-for-word.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I used to call Fox news....Faux news.

Until the Hillary email debacle.

A vast majority of what they reported at that time turned out to be 100% correct.

Regardless, I check as many sources as I can on a subject to try and get as many view points as possible.

I really have no go to single source....that is pretty much impossible these days.

I do like Judicial Watch though....

EDIT: S&F for the OP..... good thread.
edit on R262018-05-24T23:26:47-05:00k265Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'd say ATS.

I see news stories here often before I see them anywhere else. And I get to see all sides of an issue, whether I agree with them or not. If any fake news shows up, it's fact checked and debunked toot sweet. You get sources, opinions, analysis, and follow ups.

I don't know any news service that gives you as many points of view as you can get here. And if you're on a low Kardasian/Royal Wedding diet, this is the place for you.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I just want a news source that isn't politics 24/7

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I'd say ATS.

I see news stories here often before I see them anywhere else. And I get to see all sides of an issue, whether I agree with them or not. If any fake news shows up, it's fact checked and debunked toot sweet. You get sources, opinions, analysis, and follow ups.

I don't know any news service that gives you as many points of view as you can get here. And if you're on a low Kardasian/Royal Wedding diet, this is the place for you.

Quoted for truth.

This is where I actually get my news... simply because there are so many people that will break it down and expose the different sides of it.

I get an unbiased viewpoint of the news of the day by filtering it through the responses.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join