It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German News report say that Trump cancelled the meeting with Kim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nordkorea: Trump sagt Gipfel mit Nordkoreas Staatschef Kim ab

Don´t know if this the top of the stupidity, if this is real, more will follow soon on Zon.
But it was senseless anyway, after Trump showed with the Iran deal that the deals of the Trump-"U"SA are not worth the paper they are written on.

Maybe Donnie knew that?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Well, their loss. Not ours.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
after Trump showed with the Iran deal that the deals of the Trump-"U"SA are not worth the paper they are written on.

Maybe Donnie knew that?

What in the world are you talking about? What deal? Are you talking about the worthless Iran nuke deal that was not ratified by congress OR signed by Iran? THAT DEAL?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
apnews.com...

It's real. Typical Trump, big talk no results. Back to name calling and dick wagging.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If this is indeed true, it makes me sad that the 2 Koreas aren't yet able to sit at the same table and declare peace. However, if again this is true, perhaps there is a reason the meeting was canceled by Trump. Perhaps the opposition tried going in to it heavy handed with stupid demands.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

And this is the problem that few people within the Trump bootlicker camp are willing to interact with.

One of the major responsibilities of the leader of a government, is to represent the people of his or her country, on the world stage, and in discussions with other nations leaders. In order to enact diplomacy based policy, it is necessary for the people engaged in that effort, to be honest and trustworthy, for their word to be stronger than steel, to mean more than the simple word spoken, for their word to be backed with deeds which match them.

Trump, however, is a man famous for pulling the rug out from under business partners, contractors, lovers, wives, employees, as well as a host of other people. How any international partnerships, agreements, treaties or accords, can be trusted when they involve the United States at this point, is quite beyond me, since the historical evidence suggests that Trump, and indeed the people he gathers about himself, are incapable of being overly concerned with their honour and the worth of their word.

This means that creating the circumstances necessary for productive discussion is not possible.

link   

But it was senseless anyway, after Trump showed with the Iran deal that the deals of the Trump-"U"SA are not worth the paper they are written on.

Obama never got that deal signed or approved by Congress. I don’t think you understand how things work in The U.S. or in contract law.

link   

Yeah, Fox News is reporting this as well.

Interesting.

At the very least, we got 3 Americans home.

I think it's just a process of negotiation, in my opinion.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I don't think you can blame this one on Trump. He set up the meeting and he was willing to make an agreement.

North Korea has escalated its war of words with the U.S., repeating a threat on Thursday to call off the planned June 12 summit with President Donald Trump and warning that a “nuclear showdown” could instead be on the table.

In a statement published by North Korea’s official Korean Central News Agency, the North’s vice minister of foreign affairs, Choe Son Hui, blamed “reckless” remarks made by top U.S. officials as the reason behind Pyongyang’s second thoughts.

Choe took aim at Vice President Mike Pence in particular, calling him a “political dummy” who’d offended North Korea with his “unbridled and impudent” comments. Pence had warned in a Fox News interview on Monday that Pyongyang could follow the “Libya model” if leader Kim Jong Un “doesn’t make a deal” ― a reference to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, who met a brutal end following his decision to denuclearize after negotiations with the U.S.

huffpost

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i'm not one bit surprised.

nobody knew that diplomacy could be so complicated...

nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated..

nobody knew that tarrifs could be so complicated..

he's a clown.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
apnews.com...

It's real. Typical Trump, big talk no results. Back to name calling and dick wagging.

But it’s still better than being submissive and kowtowing like Obama.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Not really directly NK related, but I wonder if Trumps plan is to ultimately isolate the USA from all and everybody in the world. Except maybe Israel.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am enjoying this.

Any success towards the talks and talk of peace was never attributed to Trump.

Yet any failure or perceived failure is blamed on Trump.

Haters gonna hate!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: crtrvt
apnews.com...

But it’s still better than being submissive and kowtowing like Obama.

Sure you forgot to add something about Hillary too, must not have had your coffee yet?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

he took the credit, though, so he should damn well take the failure.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Here is the letter from Trump to Kim Jong Un cancelling the meeting:

May 24, 2018
His Excellency Kim Jong Un Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democractic People's Republic of Korea Pyongyang

Dear Mr. Chairman: We greatly appreciate your time, patience, and effort with respect to our recent negotiations and discussions relative to a summit long sought by both parties, which was scheduled to take place on June 12 in Singapore. We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant. I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that i pray to God they will never have to be used. I felt a wonderful dialogue was building up between you and me, and ultimately it is only that dialogue that matters. Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families. That was a beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated. If you change your mind having to do with this most important summit, please do not hesitate to call me or write. The world, and North Korea in particular, has lost a great opportunity for lasting peace and great prosperity and wealth. This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history.

Sincerely yours,
Donald J. Trump President of the United States of America

edit on 24-5-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

he took the credit, though, so he should damn well take the failure.

I agree.

But I wonder if the talks resume, will the usual leftists applaud him?

I think not.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Aww, maybe you guys can still buy the commemorative coin, and pretend he gets the Nobel Peace prize.

There, there now. It's okay.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Those newly minted trump/Kim coins aren't aging too well.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

maybe next time talks resume his fanatic fans can lay of the nobel peace prize crap so he doesn't appear SO desperate.
edit on 24-5-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join