It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German News report say that Trump cancelled the meeting with Kim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Still winning? I am happy that we got the hostages back, silver lining.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi
Not really directly NK related, but I wonder if Trumps plan is to ultimately isolate the USA from all and everybody in the world. Except maybe Israel.

That would be my Utopia.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
All the news are reporting it.
Who is surprised?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I am enjoying this.

Any success towards the talks and talk of peace was never attributed to Trump.

Yet any failure or perceived failure is blamed on Trump.

Haters gonna hate!

Yep. It’s funny. Up until now all the credit for any success went to the S. Korean president. Now that the wheels are coming off, Trump gets blamed.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

An isolated USA is you're version of Utopia? Lol how soon we forget what happened in ww2 and if the u.s would have remained isolated there would never have been a modern day "Israel" .

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is just part of negotiating, the “art of the deal”. Summit will be back on by the fall at the latest. Book it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
At least I'm understanding better why the US has gotten such rotten deals in the past. The loudest voices couldn't negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag!

This is just more of the wheeling and dealing that should have been a part of NAFTA, CAFTA, the TPP, the Paris Accord, the Iranian Nuclear Deal, etc., etc., etc. We were open to talks, but the talks will not be another "OK, US, this is what you are going to do for us, and you're going to like it!" No, this time North Korea can either act like they are adult enough to meet with Trump, or they can suck eggs.

In the meantime, we got our hostages back with no strings and Kim is shutting down one (probably failing) nuke test facility. Nice! Redneck likes winning.

And as a side benefit, we're all getting a crash course in how to actually deal. Well, those of us not having kanyption fits over Trump are anyway...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Trump wrote the letter.

Trump cancelled the meeting.
Maybe...if he'd taken more than a second to agree to it and maybe if he and his staff had put in about six months to a year in preparation and not treat it like an it's just lunch date this may have been more successful.
But don't write it all off yet. Maybe someone told him dude slow down and get the details right or your deal will fall apart before it even launches.
Let's consider this a delay not an ending.

link   

edit on 5242018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I am enjoying this.

Haters gonna hate!

Yep. It’s funny. Up until now all the credit for any success went to the S. Korean president. Now that the wheels are coming off, Trump gets blamed.

Who should be blamed? The guy who penned the letter pulling out of the summit or ...?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I am enjoying this.

Haters gonna hate!

Who should be blamed? The guy who penned the letter pulling out of the summit or ...?

Obama, right?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Yeah. It makes you wonder. Why this sentiment ?? Other than lifting up pride and hurt egos what is the benefit ?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

no fit. more like laughing as this is exactly what I figured was going to happen. lol

it's those with newly minted coins and peace prize dreams who should be schooled on how the "the deal" works. lol

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Kimmy went off the rails and Trump made him pay for it. The pacifists would rather Trump grovel to Kim, but no, Trump holds all the cards and took away an opportunity from Kim like he would a lollipop from a child.
edit on 24-5-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Few on here in other threads said this was a done deal and the two had already met, goal posts have been moved as I’m typing

I was hoping for peace there like we all are, hopefully NK can stop sabre rattling and trump stay off twitter for long enough for them to arrange another meeting and bring peace at long last to that region

link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

The deal that we and the rest of Europe had that trump just spat on. That one.
How many other deals has he destroyed besides this one oh and the Paris accord?
Donny the destroyer of deals. That is how history is going to remember him.
edit on 5242018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   
Not too surprising. Lil'Kim was worried about a coup taking place while he was out of his country. What was surprising though, was them thinking that a Nuclear threat is the way forward on a peace talk.

From Reuters

Earlier on Thursday, North Korea repeated a threat to pull out of the unprecedented summit with Trump next month and warned it was prepared for a nuclear showdown with Washington if necessary.

So in the end, who fault was it? Trump is clearly leaving the door open for talks to be resumed, but will Lil'Kim make the move to restart them?

***PERSONAL NOTE***

I don't know about you fellow readers, but if somebody threatened me with a nuclear overtone if I don't go with a peaceful meeting. Then also state that they might not attened themselves. I think I would call it off as well. Look you have a country saying that they will attck us for not bending to their will, and also have that country's leadership saying that a coup might happen if they leave for the peace talks. Sounds to me that the biggest issue in North Koera isn't really Lil'Kim, but rather the hate of change that's been fostered over the decades by the Kim bloodlines.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well, more like taking things to a positive end. You know, nothing comes easy just because

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I am enjoying this.

Haters gonna hate!

This was never going to happen, North Korea is like a religious cult
At least Trump got close

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The art of the deal well if anyone knows about deals it's trump, bankrupt 4 times, divorced twice, then there is that China business deal he has going for him, why didn't he help his son in law get a better deal on that building he is billions of dollars in debt with.

If I was a leader of a foreign country I would wait till this idiot is out of office before I try negotiating with the United States unless of course I wanted to make a side business deal with him to benefit myself and my country.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join