It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US has had 57 times as many school shootings as other major industrialized nations combined

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Cars are constantly being developed with improved safety standards and innovations to protect us, as much as financially viable ... anyhow , guns are being developed and improved in a similar way.

This model does the same but with these extras.

Killing ability improvements and let's face it. That is what it is, sells guns.

Some of the worlds richest corporations are arms related.

Guns don't kill people. People do.

True dat !

My point is; history shows that the idiots wreck it for our future selves.

Don't be an idiot.

* steps off soapbox, wanders aimlessly in a vague westwardly direction ...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Grimpachi

Boo !!! that's a lame assed comparison, the majority of car deaths are called accidents, the guns deaths intentional.

And boo to you for claiming I said anything about cars.

Seriously who the hell were you responding to?
Lol, you were an unintentional victim of a drive-by posting.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
AR 15's might account for 5% of all guns in the US in private hands. That's a very, very high estimate, reality is probably more like 1 or 2%. So how is it that the majority of school shooters (and other mass shootings) in the US just happened to choose an AR 15?

Sandy Hook, Aurora CO, Clackamas mall, Pulse nightclub, Parkland FL, Las Vegas - they chose 1 gun of the thousands of models available? A far more expensive gun than most, you can get much cheaper semi auto rifles that would do the same job. This tells me it isn't random people going over the edge but a true conspiracy where these shooters were manipulated somehow in to doing the killings. Drugs, voice to skull technology or a combination of methods may be to blame but who is creating these murderers?

Much seems random about these shootings except for the 2 things; public schools and using an AR 15 as the murder weapon. The odds of it being the same weapon chosen over and over again throws out random chance altogether and points to an intentional campaign to demonize that particular gun.

I would add another common element seems to be prior knowledge by the FBI of the potential shooter.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Oh my ! Grimp was the victim of a drive by !

🤣

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Excellent point.

What possible reasons would you suppose could cause such evil ?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Meh....another thread desig ed to get strs and flags. Boo.

a reply to: Timely

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Maga baby. We are seeing the end run of am hate radio and conservatism. Ever since faux news and rush limba hit the waves this has become a worse and worse problem. Unfortunately, they've got number of the weak minded and they will continue to be manipulated for the puppet masters nefarious purposes. a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If we just take guns away we'll finally live in our Utopia and all the mental issues will fade away and they won't wanna kill people.

We can do better and have compromise on gun control but fake stats just makes me wanna push back at this agenda even more. Not helpful

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Your head is in the sand, take away all the manipulation and the u.s will still have twice as many school shooting and twice the murder rate as any other country. Show me another 1st world country that has nearly as many whack jobs as the United States, even countries in Europe w their Islamic terror have less everyday bloodshed than we do with all of our second amendment greatness. Yet all those stats are manipulated right? We just live in a Land of sunshine and rainbows.
edit on 22-5-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Maga baby. We are seeing the end run of am hate radio and conservatism. Ever since faux news and rush limba hit the waves this has become a worse and worse problem. Unfortunately, they've got number of the weak minded and they will continue to be manipulated for the puppet masters nefarious purposes. a reply to: Southern Guardian

Did you just blame gun violence on fox News and Rush? Sometimes I think you're a troll but either way I'm entertained. Thank you.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Public Service Announcement for the firearm impaired.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.statista.com...

rifles pritty far down the list
hand guns number 1
wonder witch one is used in gang violence
rifles also beat bye many non firearms

oh and www.wsoctv.com...

vehicular homocide is a thing tho the accsadents dont count if u dig enough you will find plenty of them

the problem is every change made since 1999
the drugs like candy safe spaces coddleing telling every kid thete speshal and the constant trying to stop all violence

when i was in school u hit the bully in the head with a brick and he got what he deserved

the kids on ssri's where so low most of us didnt know they exsisted
www.cbsnews.com...

www.nimh.nih.gov... nts-and-caregivers.shtml

www.medscape.com...

but u know thats not related to the problem at all

just wait tell one of thease kids on ssri's realize guns are not as effective as posion and kills every single kid at a school maby than well talk about why there doing this and not how

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Great OP, let the numbers be denounced by the gun advocates, hope you ok in your new shleter you built after riling up the gun jockeys.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Also, most of the other countries don't have a lot of access to guns. But knifes well...that's a different story.
They are just as bad as Americans when it comes to harming others. I think the problem is more cultural in the U.S. that anything. I see kids making jokes about depression, suicide, self-injuring, and a whole host of dark stuff. I think this affects some teens in negative ways.
Also, the lack of boundaries and compassion for others in our society is really lacking I mean it was not that great when I was a kid in the 80's and 90's but seemed like we has some compassion for others in our school.

~Morpheus

edit on 22-5-2018 by MorpheusUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

Sharpened sticks would be next ...

You can not create a human proof anything.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

HOW ABOUT THE TRUTH!

American schools are rife with a whole lot of really sick #hits who want to indiscrimantly kill people!

So lets ban firearms so its a boat load easier for them to kill a whole lot more of us!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So how would you, SG, handle this?

More laws? (Murder, discharging a weapon, having a weapon in school are already illegal)

More checks and balances? (See US debt)

Perhaps just straight up confiscation?

Repeal the 2nd Amendment. I'm beginning to believe that's the only solution.

We've had more kids shot in schools in 2018 than we've had active duty military shot.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

More of this morose comparing of gun stats between a nation where guns are legal vs not legal, and pretending it says something.

If course a nation where guns are legal will see more gun use. Why do people keep pointing this out like its never been noticed before?

That's been the point the entire time.

So if we take away the guns, can we also reduce shootings to those levels?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

More of this morose comparing of gun stats between a nation where guns are legal vs not legal, and pretending it says something.

If course a nation where guns are legal will see more gun use. Why do people keep pointing this out like its never been noticed before?

That's been the point the entire time.

So if we take away the guns, can we also reduce shootings to those levels?

And we refused to learn from others.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
We do not want to be the rest of the world.

Why?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join