It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else notice ATS being throttled?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's slow. That doesn't mean it's 'throttled." It could mean the server is under a load.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Happening to me as well on both my smartphone and desktop PC. I click on a regular website such as google.com and the page fails to load. Sometimes I get a message from Amazon Cloud/Web Services with an error 404 (I took a screenshot) say that the server was unavailable.

Everything from online banking to newspapers and magazines is being affected.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

I've only experienced this on ATS, everything else loads fine and speedy for me. Also there haven't been any 404's here or any error messages, just incredibly slow loading.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's a message from God that you are spending to much time on ATS. Cat videos are speedy and sparkle.

See the connection?
edit on 20-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

ATS has been slow for a very long time now. Sometimes it's faster than others, but overall it's runs very slow and that's because it's all about the money. They don't have enough money to make it run as smoothly as we all would want it to be. No conspiracy here. The Gov't, nor the ISP's are targeting ATS. There is a donate button to help out their cause, or turn off Ad blocker.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It's only slow for me when my vpn is disabled, it should be slower using a vpn, because it has to hop to another server first. I have a fast connection.

I suspect ats has been throttled at the isp. I can open threads here in 2 sec or less, but almost a minute and somtimes server timeout with no vpn.

I don't think the ats server has anything to do with it.

If it's slow for you, try a vpn and post your results, if you want.

Ats is just a text page with a few images, it's not huge data to open.

I will keep trying both ways throughout the day and tonight and see if there is a change.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I don't run adblocker here, you can't use uploads if you do, and I understand a server isn't free.
I would donate in a second, if I had any extra cash, but I just come here to complain about the state of things, because I don't have extra cash right now. They need to sell ba tshirts and hats though, that would be cool.

But I agree it's been slow for a while, that's why I tried a vpn, I haven't used one since the data for sale crap started, but I find they are too slow for normal surfing.

Being slow without a vpn says it's isp throttling to me.

I'm not a network engineer though, just a dude.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I hear ya, many of us don't have extra monies to throw around but turning off Ad blocker works too! Having a merch store is a good idea but does ATS have the funds to start that up in hopes it's members will buy their goods? It's a risky gamble.

ATS does seem to be running extra slow today, for sure!

BTW, love the avatar, great movie!
edit on 20-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I don't think the ats server has anything to do with it.

Ats is just a text page with a few images, it's not huge data to open.

I do. In my last job I was responsible for about 30 Linux (and other OS) servers with close to 500 clients in 9 locations. The database here is huge. I'd love to see the load stats, which would tell the story. Nothing else is slow from my end. ATS has been under benign neglect for years. There's nobody minding the store. Bugs stay unfixed and no one seems to care. The owners rarely make an appearance. I suspect ATS is self-supporting through ad revenue, but that its profit margin is very small. There's enough money coming in to pay the bills, but not enough to pay a sysadmin or programmer to give any quality time to the system or upgrade the servers. This is the kind of site that could easily disappear without notice. There is no company with deep pockets behind it, like there is, for example, with slashdot. But, for the record, it's still a for-profit corporation. It's not a charity.
edit on 5/20/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Thank, yeah I love the flight of the navigator, classic.

Yeah, I may have spoke too soon, I'm getting error name not resolved crashes now, still on vpn.

Idk if they have the cash to make some tshirts, but I'd love to see people wearing them in public, I'd probably say what's up if I saw someone wearing one.

We'd probably both get real suspicious after that poing though lol.

Have a good one

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

That sucks, I would hate to see the site crash. Too many good topics minus to partisan crap clogging it up.
I don' know any other way to generate cashflow from it besides selling stuff or maybe hit the advertising thing harder, while still keeping the site readable.

I will donate some cash as soon as I'm outa the red, but I'm house poor as heck right now, maybe until next month.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here too, since 2 months. Sometimes I land on the "test.abovetopsecret.com..." subdomain and if that happens the font that includes the icons just shows zeros and ones for the custom ATS icons (menu bar, smileys, basically everything not text related that isn´t a image.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been getting a very slow response time on ATS for the last month or so. Don't get it any where else so...……..

edit on 20-5-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Happening to me as well on both my smartphone and desktop PC. I click on a regular website such as google.com and the page fails to load. Sometimes I get a message from Amazon Cloud/Web Services with an error 404 (I took a screenshot) say that the server was unavailable.

Same, same. I'm getting delays in loading and also the above mentioned server error. Figured it was our garbage ISP, but I doubt everyone here having problems is using Telus, heh.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Happening with me as well and I'm on Shaw

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That's wierd. If it was happening, who do you think would be responsible for it. Not like "Tommy, Ricky, Bobby" but like organizations or outfits, etcetera..

Haven't noticed anything here..

Edit: maybe "outfit" is too strong a word but Idk..

edit on 20-5-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Massive delays for many months

Very erratic

Only on ATS

Something is wrong

Something has been wrong for a long time

😳

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have found that I can close google, start from scratch faster than it take to load the page.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I haven't noticed anything here I swear but if this is one of these lead ups to people like tinkering around on your service providership or s/th I'm not sure I want to be involved. Not with weird petty hostiles in their dungeons over the internet..

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There shouldn't be any tagging of anyone's ip as like a "person we don't like" or on the contrary a "VIP" or like "shush its the one the only...it's practically haysus...pause before you comment.." I know people sometimes can't help doing people stuff we have access to things like ips and such but cmon it doesnt help especially if you've made a mistake and pulled the ip of a fktard by accident..
edit on 20-5-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: Not a revolution just a man on a board

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join