It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman brought down by armed resource officer after opening fire at Illinois high school.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

A former student was brought down by police after opening fire on his old Illinois high school on Wednesday morning. The 19-year-old suspect, who has not been named, was shot as he ran away from school resource officer Mark Dallas after opening fire near the west gym at Dixon High School at 8.06am. He is in hospital receiving treatment for non-life-threatening injuries.

No one else was hurt.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I haven't seen any other stories on this yet, thought I'd pass it along.

Having armed officers on school property proves effective in saving lives.

Don't have much to add as this is a developing story.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

I’m betting it is a fake story.. daily mail is a propaganda clickbait site that doesn’t even have journalists to break a story.

See, This is what I call a mini front page situation..

For example if bigfoot or Noah’s arc was really discovered. It would be front page news on every media source on the planet. So we wouldn’t be learning about it from a cheesy fake news site.

I say “mini” front page because it wouldn’t be front page news every where , but it would be front page everywhere in the US.

edit on 16-5-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Good find!

its been repeated in chicago tribune, and on Drudge. Not fake news

www.chicagotribune.com...
edit on 16-5-2018 by kingofyo1 because: ETA info

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I’m betting it is a fake story.. daily mail is a propaganda clickbait site that doesn’t even have journalists to break a story.

For example if bigfoot or Noah’s arc was really discovered. It would be front page news on every media source on the planet. So we wouldn’t be learning about it from a cheesy fake news site.

I say “mini” front page because it wouldn’t be front page news every where , but it would be front page everywhere in the US.

I'm betting it's not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

Both fake news sites as well.. likely sourcing each other..

When Fox , cnn and such start posting . It is likely real.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That post is sourcing another trash website..

It could be true.... it’s not like it breaks the laws of physics or nothing.

But why doesn’t fox have a story??

Why haven’t I gotten a push notification on my phone???

Maybethe stories are just about to start rolling in. So the places who will print anything have jumped the gun, but the news sites that actually have reporters are confirming sources..

But I promise you if Fox, msnbc , cnn and such never post a story. It didn’t happen.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't trust any part of this news story.
It is more likely that those some Trump-Supporter faked these stories and uses it as propaganda to try to make his "Moses" look good. I bet that that Dallas was posted at the exact spot where the ex-student was told to open fire, this is made clear in the article when it reads: "It is not clear where Dallas was stationed at the time but he was able to confront the shooter quickly, Dixon Police Chief Steve Howell said."
Thanks for passing this along NorthernLites.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

From FOX News, smartie pants.
www.foxnews.com...

Perhaps you'd like to walk back your diatribe and regain some dignity here?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

That post is sourcing another trash website..

It could be true.... it’s not like it breaks the laws of physics or nothing.

But why doesn’t fox have a story??

Why haven’t I gotten a push notification on my phone???

Maybethe stories are just about to start rolling in. So the places who will print anything have jumped the gun, but the news sites that actually have reporters are confirming sources..

But I promise you if Fox, msnbc , cnn and such never post a story. It didn’t happen.

you promise me? LOL, somebody thinks he's quite the important one.

I'll just go on as if this is real, and if it's proven false, I'll be sure to offer you a sincere apology. I'm sure you will do the same, should you find you are dead wrong?
edit on 16-5-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
*JoshuaCox*

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.foxnews.com...

wow, that didn't take long. I bet the apology is being written as I write this.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.foxnews.com...

wow, that didn't take long. I bet the apology is being written as I write this.

You mean the thread is being swiftly backed away from, not to be replied in again, right?

Thank God for the resource officer.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Foxnews, making DailyMail great again!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So if it confirms your bias, any source is true...

If it doesn't, then it is fake news.

You are so predictable it's laughable.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i am glad this resource officer did his job, properly trained competent responsible officers like him would be an asset to stop these things from happening. the problem is i do not think we have enough trustworthy people to do the job. the moment these guys start messing up and shooting students the way police have been killing civilians in this country is when we will have a real problem on our hands.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I haven't seen any other stories on this yet, thought I'd pass it along.

Already posted HERE a Full 1-Hour Ago.

Thread Soon to Close.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

and when the worms get machine guns, it's curtains for us....curtains I tell ya.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
i am glad this resource officer did his job, properly trained competent responsible officers like him would be an asset to stop these things from happening. the problem is i do not think we have enough trustworthy people to do the job. the moment these guys start messing up and shooting students the way police have been killing civilians in this country is when we will have a real problem on our hands.

The way some of these kids act in school nowadays, perhaps wouldn't hurt to put a couple rounds in some of their backsides. Do they make paddle rounds? Or maybe them bean bag rounds

edit on 16-5-2018 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin
negative, neither thread is closing as the first one is in BAN, and rules permit one in BAN plus one additional.

This is really going to be an unlively thread though, as all the anti-gun communist pricks prefer to pretend these things don't happen because it takes away from their argument of "gun are evil, they grow their own legs, get up and walk around and just search for innocent victims to kill, its time to ban all guns!!"

Lacking any standing to make that argument, these types just pass and wait to pounce on successful murders where a gun was not around to defend against a gun and their rally cry will be heard by other zombies.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NRockinFella
I don't trust any part of this news story.
It is more likely that those some Trump-Supporter faked these stories and uses it as propaganda to try to make his "Moses" look good. I bet that that Dallas was posted at the exact spot where the ex-student was told to open fire, this is made clear in the article when it reads: "It is not clear where Dallas was stationed at the time but he was able to confront the shooter quickly, Dixon Police Chief Steve Howell said."
Thanks for passing this along NorthernLites.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

SoOo.... Children's lives are saved by someone with a gun at a school.

Your response... Trump Supporters BAD!!!!

You really can't make this stuff up!

Remember this train of thought later this year when you are wondering why there was an overwhelming amount of support for Republicans in the election.

Then go look in a mirror. THAT'S who is to blame for that.

edit on 16-5-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join