It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia messed with the election - US Senate committee

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You have misreported the facts. It's been conclusively shown that the rather minimal "interference" was directed at general disruption and wasn't about "getting Trump elected." You are of your Father: Fake News.

edit on 16-5-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In their view. So an opinion. Russia has already been sanctioned by Obama AND Trump regarding election issues.

So I take it Russia is back in the news since Stormy Daniels and her lawyer are not available today?

+3 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

what new evidence has come to light? And who in their right mind would listen to Clapper and Brennan at this stage of the game regarding Trump?

I don't think its new evidence as such its more that they have just expressed their view that after reviewing all of it they have reached the same conclusion as the rest of the US intelligence community that the Russians deliberately interfered with the 2016 presidential election.

Nothing really new rather it just provides even more credibility to the claims that the Russians were interfering with the election.

so it still is just the social media garbage? WOW. The threshold for this crime must be a bit low. I may have subverted Hillary's chances of winning when I made a post here expressing my displeasure. I hope they don't come after me.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
You have mis-reported on the facts. It's been conclusively shown that the rather minimal "interference" was directed at general disruption and wasn't about "getting Trump elected." You are of your Father: Fake News.

Nope I am only reporting what has been reported.

dismiss it as fake news if that helps you sleep better at night though.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

so it still is just the social media garbage? WOW. The threshold for this crime must be a bit low. I may have subverted Hillary's chances of winning when I made a post here expressing my displeasure. I hope they don't come after me.

In all fairness to the UK people here; they can actually be arrested for social media posts as they do not have the freedom of speech we in the USA have so they probably take social media a lot more seriously than we do.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Exactly. They would do stuff like promote white supremacist rallies and Black Lives Matter rallies in the same place & time. General sh_t-stirring tactics like that. The overwhelming majority of the ads didn't support either Trump or Hillary, and half of them only showed up after the election.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
So, where do I send the thank-you note?

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
NW Washington, D.C. 20500

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
In their view. So an opinion. Russia has already been sanctioned by Obama AND Trump regarding election issues.

So I take it Russia is back in the news since Stormy Daniels and her lawyer are not available today?

Stormy's lawyer is too busy threatening people for exposing his past full of fraudulent deals.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Who will next confirm that Russia is superior to gullible Americans?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Im interested in their evidence.

I would correct your statement that it "confirms" anything. What we have are the opinions of this group of people. WHich is contrasted by their counterparts in the other house.

That said, color me surprised.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: network dude

In all fairness to the UK people here; they can actually be arrested for social media posts as they do not have the freedom of speech we in the USA have so they probably take social media a lot more seriously than we do.

I've read about that. I suspect a great many Britons are starting to understand why we rebelled against their government.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well when the senate intelligence committee is saying it and the entire US intelligence community then I guess at some point you have to ask yourself who do you Trust.

The Russian and Trump denials or everyone else.

Its up to you how you decide to make that call.

I do agree however it would be nice to know a little bit more about what they have based this on.

link   

link   

originally posted by: TheGOAT
Nothing Russia did, said, or promoted made me vote for Trump. Zero!

That’s too bad because one day you might need an excuse for why you voted for Trump!

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Give it up. Russia did not make me vote for Trump. I did not need some Facebook shill to tell me Hillary was the absolute last person on Earth who should be elected president.

Again thats not quite what is being said, what is being said is that the Russians actively interfered with the election to secure victory for Trump.

Now if that interference cause you to personally vote for trump or not does not matter, that is specific to you and you alone.

This is the senate committee saying that the Russians, a foreign state actively interfered with the 2016 presidential elections with the goal of subverting American democracy. Regardless of if you voted Trump or Clinton this should be deeply concerning.

I understand your point; what is missing from your OP is what level of successes did the Russian see with their activity to interfere with the election?

It's only common sense to expect Russia to interfere with our elections, we do it to them all the time. The question that is important is how well are they doing it?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Nothing that has not already been reported.

The key take away that people cant seem to grasp is there was no collusion by Trump with Russia. It has also been stated that Russian interference had no imp[act on voting and no votes were changed (at least by Russia however a judge in Florida found the head of a county election board illegally destroyed ballots to prevent a recount in DWS primary challenge).
edit on 16-5-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don’t think anyone disputed that Russia interfered with the election, just as the US CIA has interfered in over 80 foreign elections since 2000. But that still doesn’t prove the “collusion” assertion. Interference in and of itself is not a crime. This Russia story is exhausting.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I understand your point; what is missing from your OP is what level of successes did the Russian see with their activity to interfere with the election?

Also ture but I honesty don't think that will ever be able to be measured other than to say it may have had some impact but the extent of said impact can never be truly quantified in any meaningful way. I am sure that the Clinton supporters would like to say that it had a huge impact and swung the elections and the Trump supporters would say it had zero impact. I personally think that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle but like I say, its impossible to ever really know.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I love threads like this. It brings me back to grade school when people would stick their fingers in their ears and yell when they didn’t like what they were hearing. Keep it up guys, you only hurt yourselves by sticking your heads in the sand.

At this rate, 2020 is a wrap.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Personally -- I'd question why Russia feared Hillary.

That's far more significant to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join