It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia messed with the election - US Senate committee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee said Wednesday that they agree with the intelligence community’s assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election and sought to help President Trump win the White House.

“We see no reason to dispute the conclusions,” Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said in a statement.

“There is no doubt that Russia undertook an unprecedented effort to interfere with our 2016 elections.”.

Link

So this is just breaking

It confirms the Russian state deliberately interfered with the 2016 election with a aim to having Trump elected in the view of the senate intelligence committee.

According to another report.

WASHINGTON — The Senate Intelligence Committee — in a major split with its House counterpart — said Wednesday that it agrees with U.S. intelligence agencies' assessment that the Russian government was trying to help Donald Trump and hurt Hillary Clinton by meddling in the 2016 election.

That bipartisan conclusion was announced by Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., and Vice Chairman Mark Warner, D-Va., in a statement after a closed hearing with former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former CIA Director John Brennan, and former National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers.

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 16-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Nothing Russia did, said, or promoted made me vote for Trump. Zero!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGOAT

Not saying that it did.

Whats being said is that the Senate intelligence committee has said that in their view, the Russian state deliberately interfered with the 2016 election with the goal of securing victory for Trump.

+24 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Give it up. Russia did not make me vote for Trump. I did not need some Facebook shill to tell me Hillary was the absolute last person on Earth who should be elected president.

+6 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Give it up. Russia did not make me vote for Trump. I did not need some Facebook shill to tell me Hillary was the absolute last person on Earth who should be elected president.

Again thats not quite what is being said, what is being said is that the Russians actively interfered with the election to secure victory for Trump.

Now if that interference cause you to personally vote for trump or not does not matter, that is specific to you and you alone.

This is the senate committee saying that the Russians, a foreign state actively interfered with the 2016 presidential elections with the goal of subverting American democracy. Regardless of if you voted Trump or Clinton this should be deeply concerning.
edit on 16-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Again thats not quite what is being said, what is being said is that the Russians actively interfered with the election to secure victory for Trump.

Now if that interference cause you to personally vote for trump or not does not matter, that is specific to you and you alone.

When does the investigation start for letting illegals vote in the elections?

+37 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And the brits and aussies and mexicans attempted to get hrc elected....more foreign powers attempting to influence our elections
but somehow those stories are "less" important

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Good question but its a totally different topic.

This is about what the senate intel committee have said about the involvement of Russians in the election, its not about illegal voters, if you want to discuss that then feel free to go write a thread on it.

+27 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

what new evidence has come to light? And who in their right mind would listen to Clapper and Brennan at this stage of the game regarding Trump?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

And the brits and aussies and mexicans attempted to get hrc elected....more foreign powers attempting to influence our elections
but somehow those stories are "less" important

What so the brits, Aussies and Mexicans went out hacking into the DNC, using bots and creating fake news with the purpose of getting Hilary elected at a state level....mmmm

proof?

+4 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It just proves our elections are real. Nobody would bother in a rigged system.

Nobody tries to interfere in Russia's elections because they are fake, Putin wins no matter what. Same with Iran, it is just a sham.

Obama tried to influence Israel's elections. What, no indictments?

It's a big fat nothing burger.

link   

You mean Russian bots? Fake ads? The usa does far worse what's your point?

link   

originally posted by: network dude

what new evidence has come to light? And who in their right mind would listen to Clapper and Brennan at this stage of the game regarding Trump?

I don't think its new evidence as such its more that they have just expressed their view that after reviewing all of it they have reached the same conclusion as the rest of the US intelligence community that the Russians deliberately interfered with the 2016 presidential election.

Nothing really new rather it just provides even more credibility to the claims that the Russians were interfering with the election.

+9 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Clapper and Brennan have both been caught perjuring themselves to Congress. I'll consider giving the Senate committee a modicum of credibility when they issue a finding recommending indictments for both.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Trump convened at a team to look at it and they didn't find anything. You do remember that don't you?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Whats being said is that the Senate intelligence committee has said that in their view, the Russian state deliberately interfered with the 2016 election with the goal of securing victory for Trump.

Yes and on what are they basing their conclusion? The intelligence community has said Russia interfered. The Senate Intelligence Committee has a top secret meeting with the top leaders in the intelligence community. Senate Intelligence Committee comes out of that meeting and says "Russia interfered."

Huh.

link   

What so the brits, Aussies and Mexicans went out hacking into the DNC, using bots and creating fake news with the purpose of getting Hilary elected at a state level....mmmm

perhaps there is an english to english translation problem because I never posted what you have stated

+2 more 
link   

Leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee said Wednesday that they agree with the intelligence community’s assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election and sought to help President Trump win the White House.

“We see no reason to dispute the conclusions,” Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said in a statement.

“There is no doubt that Russia undertook an unprecedented effort to interfere with our 2016 elections.”.

Link

So this is just breaking

It confirms the Russian state deliberately interfered with the 2016 election with a aim to having Trump elected in the view of the senate intelligence committee.

According to another report.

WASHINGTON — The Senate Intelligence Committee — in a major split with its House counterpart — said Wednesday that it agrees with U.S. intelligence agencies' assessment that the Russian government was trying to help Donald Trump and hurt Hillary Clinton by meddling in the 2016 election.

That bipartisan conclusion was announced by Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., and Vice Chairman Mark Warner, D-Va., in a statement after a closed hearing with former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former CIA Director John Brennan, and former National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers.

www.usatoday.com...

Oh if only everyone could see the setup here. Senate says yes, House says no.

This is their play to continue to funnel funds into invading our privacy. It's like nobody realizes that this is all geared towards social media and the continuance of invasion of privacy.....

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So, where do I send the thank-you note?

+2 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have a feeling there will be much, more more to this story and it's going to go right back to illegal wire tapping and putting moles in Trumps campaign.

Their statements followed a final closed-door interview on the matter with top Obama administration officials. The committee, led by Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., and Vice Chairman Mark Warner, D-Va., spoke Wednesday with former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former Central Intelligence Agency Director John Brennan and former National Security Agenda Director Michael Rogers (who retired earlier this year).

DOCUMENTS SUGGEST POSSIBLE COORDINATION BETWEEN CIA, FBI, OBAMA WH AND DEM OFFICIALS EARLY IN TRUMP-RUSSIA PROBE: INVESTIGATORS

Former FBI Director James Comey was invited but did not show up -- skipping the closed-door session due to a “previously scheduled engagement,” his attorney said. Comey, who was fired last May, has been on a media blitz in recent weeks promoting his memoir, “A Higher Loyalty,” in which he is highly critical of now-President Trump.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/16/senate-panel-backs-intel-report-on-russian-meddling-after-interviewing-obama-officials.html]Source[/ur l]
edit on 16-5-2018 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

Edit 2 Add: I have tried to link this over 10 times now and ATS keeps breaking the link. FYI.
edit on 16-5-2018 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join