It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia messed with the election - US Senate committee

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: darkbake

Facebook is already taking action.

You mean you embrace censorship of free speech of Conservatives, because that's what's happening? Just wait until that comes back to bite the Dems!! Just like Hillary losing...you'll be crying a river!!

Facebook is censoring legitimately fake news, that is news based on false facts, not news that is biased. Facebook is doing you a service by making sure you don't believe false information. If Facebook were to censor factually correct liberal or conservative information, that would be a problem.

edit on 23amWed, 23 May 2018 07:14:45 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Facebook is already taking action.

You mean you embrace censorship of free speech of Conservatives, because that's what's happening? Just wait until that comes back to bite the Dems!! Just like Hillary losing...you'll be crying a river!!

Facebook is censoring legitimately fake news, that is news based on false facts, not news that is biased. Facebook is doing you a service by making sure you don't believe false information. If Facebook were to censor factually correct liberal or conservative information, that would be a problem.

Apparently some people who believe they are "conservative" need falsehoods to support their beliefs.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

And its always democrats doing it.

Then why are states that Trump carried refusing to cooperate with his comission to prove he won the popular election? Oh, by the way, Austin is not "just outside Chicago."

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Please tell me you are joking...

Not only has facebook been taken to task by the US government Zuckerburg was recently taken tyo task by the EU parliment as well. Apparently they are censoring right leaning views in europe as well as in the US.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Far right can leave Facebook anytime they like, I’m sure they have their own alt tech version like they do with twitter

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Please tell me you are joking...

Not only has facebook been taken to task by the US government Zuckerburg was recently taken tyo task by the EU parliment as well. Apparently they are censoring right leaning views in europe as well as in the US.

You mean Neo-Nazi propaganda? True. You still have 4Chan.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

There we go, I'll talk with you along these lines. But I won't listen to people who deny the truth that Russia tried to interfere with our elections and will be back both this year and in 2020. Something has to be done about it. Facebook is already taking action.
Sure, and we try to interfere with many countries' elections.

While we should seek to stop legitimately Russian activities, this cannot be used as a smokescreen for calling inconvenient info or leaks as "fake news" or "Russian bots." That propaganda move is already being used by establishment figures here in the US.

"Fake news" is news that is not based on facts but fabricated. Russia was perpetuating a lot of this on purpose. Legitimate, fact-based news that is inconvenient is not fake. Just because the U.S. and Russia interfere in other elections doesn't make it okay to look over the fact that Russia is trying to interfere with our elections.

There is a difference between Russia's motives and those of the U.S.

But in recent decades, both Mr. Hall and Mr. Johnson argued, Russian and American interferences in elections have not been morally equivalent. American interventions have generally been aimed at helping non-authoritarian candidates challenge dictators or otherwise promoting democracy. Russia has more often intervened to disrupt democracy or promote authoritarian rule, they said.

Russia Isn't the Only One Meddling in Elections - We Do It, Too
Yes, but often real news is being called fake.

Also, I think that you need to hit the history books on US interventions abroad. That characterization is patently false. It's fake news.

The US has a factual 70 odd year history of overthrowing democracies that are inconvenient, and installing or supporting repressive or dictatorial regimes when they aid our geo political goals. There's no disputing that historical record, and historians agree those instances happened. Even the CIA does.
edit on 23-5-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

If Facebook were to censor factually correct liberal or conservative information, that would be a problem.

They already have censored factually correct information and opinions. In fact Conservatives have been targeted by Facebook and they don't even hide this fact.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: katsung47

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Give it up. Russia did not make me vote for Trump. I did not need some Facebook shill to tell me Hillary was the absolute last person on Earth who should be elected president.

Then why Trump call for a Russian hacking?

Donald Trump Calls on Russia to Find Hillary Clinton’s Missing Emails
By ASHLEY PARKER and DAVID E. SANGER JULY 27, 2016

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference here in an apparent reference

www.nytimes.com...
Then why does there continue to be no evidence of Russian hacking?

Because Trump is protected by the Deep State.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join