It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up for the UK members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Disregard that troll man. Over 100 uk companies are involved....although i wouldnt brag about martin-baker....the widowmaker!

www.f35.com... reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So everything about them was ugly... From flying, to looks and maintenance lol.

I remember when I was studying the Falklands war and read how they were used, some crazy stuff really... Must have been a hell of a job to get the first lot there.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I wouldn't bother...

We've always had a special relationship when it comes to aviation, whether it's been Harriers, Apaches, tankers, surveillance craft or the F-35.

We do tend to go our own way somewhat but that doesn't mean we've gone there alone. It's what's always fascinated me with aviation. Taking different routes to come to similar conclusions.

The poster doesn't seem to have the foggiest... Not that I'm an expert or anything. We invested heavily into the F-35 along with, what 6 other nations including the US?

It isn't really a homemade plane, American allies were instrumental in it's evolution.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

So everything about them was ugly... From flying, to looks and maintenance lol.

I remember when I was studying the Falklands war and read how they were used, some crazy stuff really... Must have been a hell of a job to get the first lot there.

Lol the Falklands, the only war since WW2 which a country won, my brother was there...don't # with the Brits.

EDIT
Thanks to Chile and the US for radar and missiles of course.
edit on 13-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

On paper we should've probably lost, I think it was the battle of Mount Tumbledown... Where our troops were basically out of ammunition and planned to surrender by dawn then the Argentinians surrendered.

Those 3-4 light tanks providing long range fire were shooting literally meters in front of friendly forces at times.

Yeah... Some bat crazy #
edit on 13-5-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

One of the greatest ATS threads in history came about because of the Falkland Islands. It was comedy gold.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

We won though, miles away at the other end of the world...don't # with Britain, the people won't have it.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

One of the greatest ATS threads in history came about because of the Falkland Islands. It was comedy gold.

Got a link? I'm interested.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It's a seriously old thread. It'll probably take some digging to find again. I'll look tonight and try to dig it up.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Cheers amigo

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Awesome

I don't think I've seen any threads on ATS about the Falklands.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Awesome

I don't think I've seen any threads on ATS about the Falklands.

There should be more, we pulled it off against Argentina in their own hemisphere and did them over.
Okay we got help from Pinochet Chile but I don't care, I'll take assistance from the Devil if my family needs help.

EDIT
It was a military victory thousands of miles away from home against a foreign invader.
Argentinians hate it lol
edit on 13-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

This one was written by Argentinian members and isn't what you think. It had people alternating between sheer hysteria and wanting to beat their head on the nearest brick wall.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ha! Found it! It's a 42 pager so you'll be reading awhile, but it gets better as it goes. There was some good info in there, but a lot of stuff that was just flat funny.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I only read the first few posts but I served on Invincible some years after the Falklands so it's obviously bull# unless the RN built a shadow sister ship.
edit on 13-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo/drunk bull#

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

BTW You think E-models are loud, wait til you hear these things.

Honestly didn't notice much if any difference. We were all told/warned about it, but sounds pretty much like a jet engine. Loud.
Years of jet engines and things that go bang or boom, haven't left my hearing in the best shape, however, so YMMV.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Oh keep reading. It gets really good as it goes.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I was just about to post that and another one from 2010, thanks for taking the time zaph.

Yeah as I was blitzing through it I found some gold, haha.

Thanks again

Always wanted to use the mods thingy

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A friend of mine is RIAT staff on a voluntary basis but the rumour is they are going to be featured heavily @ RIAT this year.
edit on 14/5/18 by macpdm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Oh keep reading. It gets really good as it goes.

Just got through it, you're right, some of it was absolutely hilarious!!
...ah, reminded me of the good old days of full-on conspiracy peddlers on ATS.
Cheers for that link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join