It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue with atheism

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Christians put your type in that very special people category, we like you to wear mittens so you don't scratch yourself, a sign sayin " beware I am clumsy"

"How do we deal with people like you" is that a serious question
Screams of insecurity and attention seeking ccg

Funny how I don't go into atheist threads and bemoan people like you yet here you are

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster

originally posted by: turbonium1
Atheism has many forms, and ideologies.

Some are benign, some are diabolical.

Today, I see much more of becoming the latter case.... sadly.

Science has become a platform for promoting such types of atheism.

We are not created, we do not exist in another form. We came from apes. Life was created out of nothing more than slimy heaps of crap, over 5 billion years, give or take a billion, all by random 'chance'.

That's atheism at it's worst.

Wrong. Atheism has only one form and it has ZERO ideologies.

Atheism means ONLY one thing, that someone does not believe that gods are real. That is the only thing it means and nothing else.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about at all, everything you are saying above is either untrue or makes absolutely no sense at all. Also science is not a platform for atheist nor does it have anything to do with it. Science is science.

Atheism ONLY means that someone does not believe gods are real.
It's like how theism ONLY means that someone thinks a god or gods are real.

Atheism is the "no" answer to the question "Are gods real". Theism is the answer "yes" to that question.

How come atheism has churches
You don't speak for everyone

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Honestly this has to be one of the most ridiculous, ugly dumb sad and full of mediocrity things i have seen my entire life. Most of you are full of hate and narrow minded and act like spoiled kids, and is ridiculous all this arguing about something no one has any control over and no one knows for sure.

such a pain, you are worst than kids at the block trying to be mean to each other and fighting over who's right. If you have to argue over simple things then you should know you are hating and you don't know how to love, religion or not you are all acting the same, hating

Stom fools

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: darkbake

Religion is biased
Plenty of non religious atheists around here who are pretty biased don'tcha think

Maybe you are blaming religion for people

That is a good point, but people who are religious might believe entire fabrications such as gays being born of the devil or dinosaur bones being placed here to trick people into believing the earth is at least millions of years old. At least if an atheist is biased, they are basing their opinions on reason, logic, and science for the most part.

As for being biased, I mean it is definitely true that atheists are biased as well, towards logic, reason, and science.
edit on 14amMon, 14 May 2018 00:20:53 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Atheism doesn't have churches, Raggedyman.

There are also no churches for the non-belief in Thor or Vishnu or Father Christmas.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH
Honestly this has to be one of the most ridiculous, ugly dumb sad and full of mediocrity things i have seen my entire life. Most of you are full of hate and narrow minded and act like spoiled kids, and is ridiculous all this arguing about something no one has any control over and no one knows for sure.

such a pain, you are worst than kids at the block trying to be mean to each other and fighting over who's right. If you have to argue over simple things then you should know you are hating and you don't know how to love, religion or not you are all acting the same, hating

Stom fools

Have you only just recently joined the human species? Where have you been for....all of your life?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm sick of being the dividing center piece.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am NOT an Athiest...
However... I am NOT God's favorite little creature.
So.... I'm on my way to Hell to become one who burns inexplicably horribly...
This means that although I know God to be real... I will also burn to the point where in I will hate and abhor him for all eternity. Thanks God... You're a real good pal.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Stom fools

Have you only just recently joined the human species? Where have you been for....all of your life?

Just recently yes

Being free of you illness i guess

And you don't understand science, you just use it as a mean to try to insult people you don't know, you are not a scientist and you will never be

I don't have a religion and will never have, i don't belive in people like you too, because you have bad things inside, by the way you speak, you feel bad things and i would never feel warm or welcome ayour you
edit on 14-5-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Atheism doesn't have churches, Raggedyman.

There are also no churches for the non-belief in Thor or Vishnu or Father Christmas.

Google is your friend

Even I was surprised that atheists were like that

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

a reply to: darkbake

Religion is biased
Plenty of non religious atheists around here who are pretty biased don'tcha think

Maybe you are blaming religion for people

That is a good point, but people who are religious might believe entire fabrications such as gays being born of the devil or dinosaur bones being placed here to trick people into believing the earth is at least millions of years old. At least if an atheist is biased, they are basing their opinions on reason, logic, and science for the most part.

As for being biased, I mean it is definitely true that atheists are biased as well, towards logic, reason, and science.

I can and won't excuse the biasness of some Christians. I am sure we could both think of better words but whatever

I know atheists who have some fantastic stories and beliefs, not necessarily based on reason logic or science

People are people, who would have thought atheism had churches

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I didn't mention dwarfs, why do you? I don't see the relevance.
Pixies, elves, dragons, goblins, and gods have no evidence, but Dwarfism is a human condition so obviously I accept that.
Pull me up on dragons or whatever and I'll see your point, but otherwise I'll just assume you have nothing to argue against anything I've posted so far.

Komodo Dragons? They're a thing...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Is ATS not the church of Athiest(s)... ???

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

nope...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Stom fools

Just recently yes

Being free of you illness i guess

And you don't understand science, you just use it as a mean to try to insult people you don't know, you are not a scientist and you will never be

I don't have a religion and will never have, i don't belive in people like you too, because you have bad things inside, by the way you speak, you feel bad things and i would never feel warm or welcome ayour you

Did I mention I like this person.
I think I think I did.

Just check'n

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Wow. And you know my current profession... how?

I don't have a religion and will never have, i don't belive in people like you too

But I can be proven -- I can give you a swift kick to your bollocks and you'll know I'm here.

because you have bad things inside, by the way you speak, you feel bad things and i would never feel warm or welcome ayour you

Sorry snowflake, if you feel hurt and upset by honesty and facts. Truth be told, I don't feel any anger or negativity or have and 'bad' things inside me. Not even to Randyvs. You simply don't like people who don't mystify the universe in religious or spiritual terms.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Even I was surprised that atheists were like that

Well, if that's the case then that's wrong. It simply doesn't make sense as it's an oxymoron.

I suspect those people are seriously angry about something else and just using 'atheism' as a means to vindicate their sense of exclusion.

Just for the record, I think churches and gothic architecture are mostly beautiful. I've been to many around Europe and the UK and some are just staggering in their design and history. While I may not like what they have come to represent, I still think the accomplishments to design and build them is incredible.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Stom fools

Pick a religion or pick atheism - and you will be divided and then you have been conquered.
Any label will divide you and you will not feel whole and complete - you will be fragmented and will be seeking to complete yourself.
All that is required is - stop labelling (identifying)
The I dent is the mark of the beast.

Why label yourself a 'thing' when you are not a 'thing'?
edit on 14-5-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Atheism is the distantiation of God. These people claim to worship nothing, so are in fact claiming to be souvereign/supreme beings, actually God himself.

I wonder what their doctrine is about.

Instead of worshipping something/someone turn the gaze 180 degrees around and look to what is seeing.
Saint Francis of Assisi said 'We are looking for what is looking'.

edit on 14-5-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Wow. And you know my current profession... how?

I don't have a religion and will never have, i don't belive in people like you too

But I can be proven -- I can give you a swift kick to your bollocks and you'll know I'm here.

That proves nothing!

Solipsism for the win!

edit on 14 5 1818 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join