It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endangered species no longer protected in USA Policy being dismantled by Memo....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: UKTruth

Did you forget to turn /sarcasm off here? Or are you being serious? No really. I want to know

Because not your bank account, your opinion, your pets, your second marriage, your job, friends, vehicle, or any other “Really Important” mental construct is of no consequence when talking about unwinding the intricate web of life this blue ball offers up. I mean nothing. Life is sacred. End of story.

This blue ball has played a hand in the extinction of the vast majority of species. The ones that exist in our short life times are irrelevant. You play no role in saving the planet. The sooner you realise the better (for you).

Now i will play the role of Curmudgeon. The thing we need to do is look at this as survival of OUR species. THAT is the ONLY thing that matters. Yes, we depend on the Earth but it doesn't depend on us. I love animals, the ocean and nature very much but I love people the most and if we have to sacrifice humans to do what people think is right, "you can count me out".

I can agree on some changes that we all can do. One would be everyone should practice proper disposal of waste. We are polluting our drinking water when we do. We can't expect to cure every problem that is perceived no more than we can ignore something simple we can do to help out like protecting the drinking water.

edit on 5-5-2018 by Justoneman because: grammar

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So heres a bit of food for thought below These graphics represent the actual state of thing environmentally and as you can see it's on a runaway train to... you guessed it Mass extinction whether by nature or man irrevalent the trend it set and there are ZERO substantial efforts to live within our environment so.... conclusion EXTINCTION INEVITABLE.

journals.sagepub.com...

And before you go crying about format, test parameters and such most studies lean towards this conclusion .

AND why isnt this (Original article) in the MSM?? This should be all over the news on every front page!!!! LOOK over here! NOT over there! Much??

I'm disgusted at the arrogance of the People we put into power to serve Enviromental interests but are only serving their own pockets.
edit on 5-5-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Wow you really are an uncaring individual. You think I care what hand I play in their existence? I don’t deny that the environment has offed all species before us. I’m saying that Sheehan seems to be playing fast and loose with laws meant to uphold what little numbers a species that makes he endangered list.How about you worry about your own species in the UK, and I will will care for mine here in the states. Don’t be so cruel. And don’t think i’m trying to make this post about me. Get a clue dude. You must think I am better informed after your response. Lol

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
wrong topic
delete
edit on 5-5-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

And so what? most became extinct on their own

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The government should be considered a parasitic species, and their extinction would only benefit all other life forms, on Earth.

But they are multiplying at an alarming rate, and nobody seems cable to prevent them from spreading their disease everywhere

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

This is absolutely not true. Incidental take permits apply to ongoing projects that find endangered species on them while they are ongoing. Without this permit, the project would be shut down, because, they would be in violation of the Endangered Species act for taking actions that threaten an endangered species. Incidental take permits are absolutely lawful and if they were not given out, whoever is doing the project would be subject to the law via the ESA.

This # was put there for a reason. They aren't just making it so they get rid of unnecessary paperwork. They are telling employees to not enforce the need for the permit. This puts more endangered species at risk for the benefit of economic development. That is EXACTLY the opposite of why the ESA was created. It was created to take the environment into account above all else. In balance, we have NEPA that considers economics over the environment, BUt that all stops when it comes to an endangered species.

This is disgraceful on so many levels and I would not be caught dead condoning these actions. I know the slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy but my god is this a slippery slope. Once we lose all of the pollinators we are done for as a species. a reply to: watchitburn

edit on 6-5-2018 by Boomy327 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Also one of the biggest problems with these agencies is funding and that is steadily decreasing... a reply to: watchitburn

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join