It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - The Bookhouse Boys Secret Gesture - Calling All Twin Peaks Fans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

If I could try to re-state how I'm hearing your point, it's that skepticism isn't the issue - ridicule is. ..and that ATS is supposed to be a place where folks can talk about subjects that would garner ridicule elsewhere.

This is so true! I wouldn't WANT people to just believe and take as gospel anything I say, write or claim - or anyone writes, says or claims.

Can't they at least have a heart and realize we are SUFFERING from Mandela Effect, not PROFITING from it, and give us at least human compassion, even if they can't fit our facts with their worldview?

Is there a real need to INSULT and be condescending, just because you haven't experienced and thus don't suffer from something nightmarish that other people suffer from and try to cope with and explain?

Someone not-so-kind said: "Because ME *is* retarded. "

Wow, how insulting and condescending can you get? Did you graduate from some kind of toxicity school, where they teach you to be as toxic in the internet as possible, so civil, respectful human discourse (including disagreeing and not being able to take something as truth that someone claims withotu insulting them) is rendered impossible?

How can EFFECT be 'retarded'?

It's not something anyone CHOOSES. You are either a VICTIM of Mandela Effect, or you are not. Consider yourself lucky and pat yourself in the back, if you are not. But that doesn't make any victim of it or the effect 'retarded', as you so eloquently worded your crappy insult.

Couldn't you at least try to have a CIVIL disagreement? Just say you can't handle it or it's not for you, or you don't believe it, or you deny it or whatnot. You don't have to use the R-word or insult anyone or be a toxic brat about it.

By doing this, being an absolute, non-contributing insulter, you are trying to SHUT DOWN discussion about it by using ad hominem and no reasoning as basis for it. Why can't you just let people talk in peace, even if you think the topic they're discussing is 'stupid' (I diluted your insult a bit)? Just feed your ego by claiming you are more intelligent or better human being than them, and leave them alone.

Do you butt in children's arguments, too, even though they might be really stupid from an adult perspective?

Why this need to come and insult innocent people that never meant YOU any harm?

It's like demonizing the other side by DE-HUMANIZING them so they become FREE TARGETS for anything and everything vile. They do this at wartime, and it's called PROPAGANDA. So you are DEMONIZING people based on what you think they experience is 'retarded', and that gives you freedom to insult them as much as you want..

..how demonic of you.

edit on 20-2-2022 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   

..and have no problem toe-to-toe.

It's no use, it will not lead to anything constructive. They won't read what you write, and if they do, they do it only so they can 'debunk' everything and feel smug about themselves.

We just have to accept that there are a lot of insectlike toxic cretins in this world, that do not have logic or reason to their behaviour, but they do anything and everything in their power just to bring other people down.

There might be some 'fragile psyche-protection' going on - someone square, living a square life in a square box, with a tiny, square mind, is going to be absolutely petrified, if they're forced to confront any unpredictable and scary weirdness about the square reality they KNOW to be square. If anyone dares to show that even one of the corners is slightly rounded, they lose their minds and become a torrent of toxic poison to drown out anyone that DARES claim their square world isn't square!

That's the only theory I have about why some people are so incredibly toxic and hostile, and bring nothing good to any discussion, and why they FEEL they're so free to insult other human beings, and don't have to respect them at all, although those human beings have never done anything bad to them.

I guess they rationalize their crazy and almost criminal behaviour and attitudes, giving free range to their angry and toxic egos to vomit verbal poison all over everyone's faces they don't agree with, by demonizing the 'opponent' (not that we oppose them, they oppose us for some reason - not only what we're saying, but US, personally, which I think is going too far), so they can feel good about themselves.

After all, if you murder an innocent, cute fairy girl on a sunny field that just wanted to hop from flower to flower, you feel bad about yourself and what you did.

But if you kick the buttocks of some EVIL NAAZEI that wants to oppress the world with nonsensical theories, and make them feel as bad as possible just for existing, you have done the Divine Work of God Himself, and will probably get a promotion in the angelic ranks that always fight EVIL NAAZEIES!

Still, it will always remain a mystery to me how QUICK they are to use toxicity and hatred, how LITTLE they care about other people, how amazingly angry and hostile they allow themselves to be. These kind of cretins exist everywhere in this world, you can't escape, there's always someone non-human that comes and starts suddenly and out-of-the-blue vomiting that typical poisonous, corrosive toxic acid into your face before you can gasp.

These people need a long shower, but not for their physical bodies; never seen dirtier souls than some people that love posting insults here.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   

As far as the nose-thing - I have watched that show a few times, but I can't bring myself to watch it much beyond the episode where the mystery was solved, as it just becomes too weird (even by that point, it's too weird for me).

I love Agent Cooper, his positive attitude, his love for 'little things', and 'take charge'-attitude. I was hoping he would end up having some kind of spiritual powers, as was sort of hinted at some points, but then nothing came out of it. He seems to always have something poignant to say, and his perspective to things is interesting.

This show would've been great as a detective show where he solves crimes and mysteries in a Columbo-fashion, but then something larger is slowly revealed (not the kind that was revealed in this show, though).

Instead, it kind of devolves into a pure horror show with more weirdness than I can handle. I mean, someone's soul being captured into some kind of living door knob?! That was so sickening I could barely sleep for days when I first saw it. Who needs THAT thought in their mind? "When I die, I might become a doorknob". Who thinks something this sick?

In any case, I am sorry to say, but I can't remember much about the bookhouse boys, except that they're some secret cult, like the skull & crossbones sickos, so of course I can't have respect for them or like them in any way after that point.

I have no idea what the gesture is, was or is supposed to be one way or another. But now I am super hungry for doughnuts.. (yes, I still call them dough-nuts, because it's funnier)

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
i have a vague recollection of the nose touch but its dream like as every time I watch twin peaks it makes me feel sleepy

but what I dont understand is , why is it that mandela affect only appears to affect tv entertainment

nothing to do with physical history , yes mandellas death is physical history but all the others are just tv entertainment and advertising campaigns and tv ads

so its never anything like actually important , just insignificant things like the name of a tv show character or what they did or didnt say

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Body parts have changed location. Look where the heart is now and the kidneys. The skull also has new holes. The first time I encountered the idea of the Mandela Effect was probably more than a decade ago, here, on a thread about New Zealand having moved. I thought everyone in that thread was absolutely insane. And then the Berentein Bears happened…etc. There have been dozens of well publicized deaths that "never happened", bizarre historical rewritings (look up the reason "no one has ever been allowed to go up into the Statue of Liberty"), new animals, the Bible keeps changing in weird ways, etc. Most of it does, I agree, seem relatively inconsequential, but when you look at it in a Butterfly Effect kind of way, who knows how many changes have resulted from the swapping of a single letter?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join