It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - The Bookhouse Boys Secret Gesture - Calling All Twin Peaks Fans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

You expected something to be consistent in the David Lynch universe? bahahaha

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

In Coop's dream, Laura gives him the signal (3:05):

She is letting him know she knows he's in the Bookhouse Boys.

only first watched the show about 3 years ago. i remember clearly the gesture was accurately the stroke to the temple, or like next to the eye on the cheek, a downward stroke.

i remember when the 'not laura' laura did that i did not connect it to the bookhouse boys, i took it to mean 'its right under your nose' or something like that. or maybe a reference to laura's coke use.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I don't understand you guys, why are you so hard on Pearj? Why is there that sick need to convince him that he's somewhat retarded? I understand that you don't believe in ME and that's ok. But this is conspiracy forum. Forum that gives chance to people who don't belive in everything that government, msm, oficial science serve to them on the plate. So if you want to belive in official narative, official history, ms science, go ahead it's your choice. But let other people express their thoughts, theoris, doubts. If you don't belive it that's fine, move along. Why is there a need to take a dump on someone? Do you feel better that way? Sickening...

That's the reason why many amazing people don't want to open their threads any more or even post because they don't want to be ridiculed. This is supposedly conspiracy theory forum, forum for people who have open mind and are open to consider so called conspiracy theories. But it seems that there are much more sceptics here than outside of this forum. And that is really laughable when you think about that.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

But this is conspiracy forum. Forum that gives chance to people who don't belive in everything that government, msm, oficial science serve to them on the plate.

So if the plate comes from YouTube or some other conspiracy site its somehow cleaner to eat off?

So if you want to belive in official narative, official history, ms science, go ahead it's your choice. But let other people express their thoughts, theoris, doubts.

So you are a hypocrite just here or all the time?

You say to let others voice their thoughts, opinions and doubts but when doubts are posted you attack those that have them.

That's the reason why many amazing people don't want to open their threads any more or even post because they don't want to be ridiculed.

WOW we have full blown mind readers here.

How do know all these amazing people and their reasons for not posting threads on ATS?

But it seems that there are much more sceptics here than outside of this forum. And that is really laughable when you think about that.

To be a conspiracy theorist, one starts as a skeptic and is always a skeptic of one thing or another.

You cannot believe in conspiracy if you are not a skeptic.

Maybe you should think about that.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Wow, you're so smart! I don't know how to thank you for such blissful insights!

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Thank you for proving my point.

what point?

Seriously what point were you making?

You were a hypocrite by posting what you did.

You seem to think a skeptic and conspiracy theorists are somehow different.

I was just pointing out confusing points you made and asking a question or 2 based on what and how you wrote it.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

First - thank you.

Second - It's easy to see you're not talking about being skeptical, rather the way they're going about it.

If I could try to re-state how I'm hearing your point, it's that skepticism isn't the issue - ridicule is. ..and that ATS is supposed to be a place where folks can talk about subjects that would garner ridicule elsewhere.

The unusual behavior stands out to me, and others like yourself - but not many folks speak up, probably because of the ridicule. I'm interested in human behavior; so I spent time trying to figure out why they are the way they are, to no avail.

My goal from the start is to talk to those that are affected by the ME (like fellowship). I'm not one to back down from a goal - regardless of the crowd's wishes, so I adapt and overcome until I achieve.

I use their behavior to benefit me, and am transparent about it. When they flood a thread it bumps it for more affected people to read (even if they don't respond). They provide opportunity to counter tired arguments with sound logic - that those same affected people also read.

Normally I just ignore them and let them bump the thread. My eye catches the 'mini-profile' to the left as I scroll by and I just skip 'em. They complain their comments aren't being read or responded to - and on occasion I explain that I've already heard their concerns and addressed them - I can't address the same thing in every thread.

Every so often I waste posts to counter them. For instance in this last batch of threads I've communicated with them 'cause I'm feeling 'spunky' and have no problem toe-to-toe. It's the least effective use of time with regard to my goal - so bothering to engage is up to me; when I choose - and when I do, it's more to show other affected people that they can stand up.

If I didn't know the Mandela Effect was absolutely real I wouldn't peruse it.. Words can't describe how incredible this is, or the impact. It needs to be talked about.

The ridicule has made my goal two fold - to speak with other affected people, and to show them they can be strong on their own. You don't need the crowd to feel solid.

I have the means - so I have the responsibility.. Just like you; when you spoke up for me.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
Why is there that sick need to convince him that he's somewhat retarded?

Because ME *is* retarded.

I understand that you don't believe in ME and that's ok. But this is conspiracy forum.

Conspiracies usually have SOME form of evidence which is measurable or observable. ME is not. Why? Because there is no comparative evidence in this case. When someone says, "X used to be Y" and bunch of people say, "hey... yeh.. that's what I remember too" yet *ALL* the evidence is to the contrary, there is NO conspiracy. People are remembering things wrong. I have posted a link to a study performed in which scientists convinced people of an incorrect memory or fact, simply through collective suggesting. I'm trying to find it but I have posted it previously in these ridiculous threads.

But let other people express their thoughts, theoris, doubts. If you don't belive it that's fine, move along. Why is there a need to take a dump on someone? Do you feel better that way? Sickening...

It's like stamping out a disease. Like Flat Earthers. That level of stupidity should be eradicated. Like MElievers.

That's the reason why many amazing people don't want to open their threads any more or even post because they don't want to be ridiculed. This is supposedly conspiracy theory forum, forum for people who have open mind and are open to consider so called conspiracy theories. But it seems that there are much more sceptics here than outside of this forum. And that is really laughable when you think about that

Then people should mark their posts as 'opinion' pieces' rather than conspiracy theories and NOT act like hurt snowflakes when people using logic and common sense question their statements which have ZERO evidence.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

(post by Pearj removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

I'm the biggest Twin Peaks fan I know and in all honesty, the under eye finger rub does not seem strange to me, and neither does the nose rub. I can't say for certain which one it "should be" even with the amount of times I've watched this show. I mean, it's not like it was a major feature. How many times did it happen? Twice maybe?

It's interesting how the show itself went in the direction of shifting realities in the third season though.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

Enough of attacking each other.

Differences of opinions is fine. Disagreeing is fine.

Attacking each other, being snarky and insulting IS NOT FINE.

Those posts will be removed after this point.

Return to the topic of the thread.

As always: Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: Lurker1

originally posted by: Lurker1
Also a Twin Peaker here. Both signs were used in the series. The nose sign was used early on, the cheek later.

Hello fellow fan!!

So you remember the 'nose sign' too huh?

The only problem is - it doesn't exist.

The first time Coop was introduced in the Bookhouse is when he's shown the signal - it's not in the scene anymore.

If you don't believe me, go look for yourself.

There is no instance of the "nose-touch" anywhere except in Coop's dream with Laura..

If you remember the nose-touch - and you're sure; as a self-proclamed solid fan like myself - find it. Should be easy right? We both remember the signal was given a few times..

Please find it.

You won't find it.

Check it out lol
thumbs.gfycat.com...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Noonebutme you offend me.
You say to kill off people because of their beliefs?
I suppose you wish to finish off the Australian Aborigines too?

And you sling retarded as an insult?
What if your beloved 7 year old child was retarded - medically - would you like it as an insult then?

You are probably one who uses gay as an insult too.
"Mandella Effect is so gay. Har har har"

Gays, retards and those who love them wouldn't be laughing along.

The disbelievers are always so smug, arrogent , cocky and condescending. The believers humbly hope to get help from others to understand what they admit not to understand.
Which type if person would you rather be around?

Respect and love others even if they aren't just like you.

edit on 10-5-2018 by BOTAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BOTAL

I feel the same as you on all counts. I'm surprised the post wasn't removed; it's a 'little Hitler' like, but that's just my opinion.

The Mandela Effect seems to make some people act out negatively in ways they hopefully wouldn't act otherwise.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thought I'd check in on this thread.

I see we've had a few Twin Peaks fans that remember the nose-touch..

..they swear the show did both (nose and temple).

..but no one can provide a single example of the nose touch..

..not one.

Isn't that a little weird my fellow Twin Peaks Fans?

Saying you're not affected, and you remember the nose-touch, then disappearing is a win for the ME.

Your silence speaks whether you like it or not.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just wanted to submit my offering as a long LONG time Twin Peaks nerd. I watched the original series on tv ... Sneak-watching it on the little kitchen tv while my parents were in the other room... And was un-invited from several sleepovers in high school when I brought Fire Walk With Me as my movie pick... Anywho my memory of the bookhouse boys secret gesture exists as a general finger drag down the cheek and I just thought that there were subtle differences in placement and drag length to the degree that some actors barely moved their finger while others went from cheekbone to jawline.

I am not saying with any certainty this IS what they did in the show. I am just offering into the collective zeitgeist that this is the way it exists in my memory. As per the nature of the original post.

Funny how this trivial # floats around in my head all of the time and turns out it might be useful to someone after all.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Easy one for you to prove. Just provide a video of the Bookhouse boys from the show doing what you describe.

If you can't, its quite simply a case of not remembering something correctly.

How can there STILL be people that misunderstand Mandela Effect this badly? If you were correct, there wouldn't even be any effect. It's definitely not a 'misremembering' phenomenon.

Mandela Effect, by its very nature, can NOT be proven, especially by the simplistic method you propose. NOTHING would have changed WITHIN this timeline, so everyone would 'always have been' the way it is now - that is the whole point, and the most frustrating thing about it.

If it was 'it WAS something back in the day, but someone changed it in THIS timeline', then EVERY SINGLE EFFECT COULD BE EASILY PROVEN TO HAVE HAPPENED.

So, it's _NOT_ as simple as you say, Mandela Effect is never simple.

Just bring this sentence with you everywhere you go from now on: "The Mandela Effect that can be proven, is not the real Mandela Effect".

Ok? Maybe now you can understand that you are being condescending, hostile, insulting and toxic without any reason. If it was just a memory error, people wouldn't be FREAKING OUT the way they are. You don't 'subscribe' to a theory, you don't choose or decide, you don't just start 'believing', you don't adopt a cult - you become a VICTIM of this effect, that's like someone thrusting you into the Twilight Zone, and no one believes you, except the other victims.

Mandela Effect is not about proving, proof, memory errors or claiming something just for the heck of it.

Mandela Effect is about being a VICTIM of something that feels like a cosmic joke.

Being a victim of Mandela Effect is not fun, and you shouldn't be so flippant and childish about it. When it happens to you, you will take it seriously, and then your ignorance comes back to bite you in the butt, and you will have to face people that write the exact same kind of simplistic nonsense as you did in your post, and you will curse them and gnash your teeth at that point.

I admit I was taking Mandela Effect about 20% seriously, chuckling about it a bit, seeing it as a fun, harmless entertainment and one day just went to 'laugh' at the crazy people's claims, ready to take it as a POSSIBILITY (a very remote one, as it wouldn't really make sense to me how it even COULD be possible).

That is when my life changed and I have been trying to run away from it as much as possible and just not think about it at all, and just live my life.

Then people like you just happen to show their ignorance in such snarky "know-it-all"-posts, AS IF no Mandela Effect-victim had _EVER_ thought of those things. I would LOVE for it to be just a memory malfunction, I would love NOTHING MORE!

So please learn some respect for your suffering fellow Earth-dwellers, and grow a heart.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Logic has no place in the garbage pile that is a Mandela effect thread.

Or maybe reality itself is not as logical as you would neatly like to believe, and can't HANDLE any evidence that shows otherwise, so you have to label it nonsense to protect your fragile psyche.

Believe me, no one WANTS to experience Mandela Effect, it seriously messes with you, and it's EXACTLY because it doesn't seem logical, there's no way to explain it (except the easiest thing, if you are a non-sufferer; 'it must be your memory, case closed!').

Yeah, I know how tempting and easy it is to just shut it out of your mind if you are not a victim of it, you can retain your materialistic-nihilistic-logical worldview and think the Universe falls neatly and completely to the boring patterns you already 'know', and someone knowing something different must be just an error in their mind.

I know how easy it is to think that, as I didn't -really- took Mandela Effect seriously (I left room open for it, but never thought it's actually real), until it hit me in the face with a heavy frying pan so my nose is still hurting (figuratively speaking).

The 'non-logical' part comes from it not being explainable, and it being completely unprovable, not to mention 'un-investigatable'. You can't put it in a bottle and examine it under ultraviolet light. You can't take a sample and put it under a microscope. You can't take a powerful telescope to see it in detail and reveal all its secrets. There's absolutely no way to investigate it, except talking to people that suffer from the effect.

The other frustrating part is, people's testimonies vary - not as much as if it was just a memory effect, but enough to make you feel alone. I remember New Zealand being northwest of and very close to Australia that's FAR away from any land, without a crazy spike. Now we have Australia almost touching another bit of land, and New Zealand somewhere so far it's not even worth associating it with Australia anymore.

Other people, however, remember it on the other side, and in different distance, and so on.

If we take the 'multiple realities' theory, we can conclude that people have come into this reality from multiple, separate, different realities. This makes interesting to compare notes, but as finding an explanation or solution, or anything satisfying, is just completely hopeless.

In any case, you're not doing Divine Work by insulting people in forums just because you don't suffer from the same ailments they do, and thus can't understand just how wrong you are. It is NOT a memory problem, I would love if it was.

I have had hazy memories, I know what THAT is like, and I am never 100% convinced of something hazy, the way I am about things like Dolly absolutely having braces (even though she never had them in this reality or whatever), I remember SEEING THEM.

If I have a hazy memory about something, why would I be sure of it? I am perfectly capable of saying "I don't remember if it was the left or right side", why would I insist it's the right side, then arrive, and it being the left side, throw a temper tantrum? That's NOT how hazy memory works. It's more like "I can't remember which side it is", and then I see it and go "oh, so it was the left side" and go on with my day.

There's no motivation to make myself seem ridiculous, but someone has to talk about this so MAYBE people can learn that it's not just crazy people, it's not just a memory malfunction, but there's something VERY REAL happening with our very reality.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join