It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbey Road Studios presents "Treasure Dub" by Revolution 9 (important message to the world)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I have just spent $150 on you guys. I got my latest track mastered by a very skilled Mastering Engineer called Frank Arkwright at the very famous Abbey Road Studios where John and the Beatles did their THANG! Frank is credited with all this:

Elton John & George Martin - Candle In The Wind, Coldplay - The Scientist, Blur - remastering all their albums, Arcade Fire - Neon Bible, The Smiths – Complete, The Verve - A Northern Soul, Joy Division/New Order - mastered or remastered all their records, Abba - Gold, System Of A Down - Mezmerize, The Killers - Somebody Told Me.

I want to give you a clear message here. Look what little broke down and out Revolution 9 can do. Got myself all mastered up at the Beatles studio with this guy. It was inevitable, Smith, that Revoluion 9 would have to return to where he was born, lol.

See how egalitarian we are becoming in the West. Anybody and anywhere in the world can accesss Frank now and for a very reasonable fee. Life is getting better for us not worse. Life is becoming more egalitarian, not less.

Here is my track. Like I said before I am not botherd about the cash, it comes and goes. It is the music and the message that concerns me and my love for it. It is a labour of love and great expense. I think people like me will save music, humble as we are.

My track is based around what Yeshua told us about wealth and poverty. I learned long ago, taught by tears, where my treasure was. I was a lucky boy because it was Christ who I cried for when they stole Him from me. CHRIST was my treasure. Remember, where your tears are is where your treasure is, also.

My treasure is a mustard seed, dudes! I have inventd my own genre. I call it "Drill Dub". All my music ideas deliberately come from "Famous Ghettos"; Chicago and Kingston, Jamaica; House, Dub, Reggae, Trap and Drill, Dubstep.

I have no social networking or ability to share this anywhere else, but here. I don't even want to share it anywhere else, but here. I CHOOSE you guys, just you select few here at ATS. I want to be an UNDERGROUND artist.

Are you understanding yet what I am telling you here? Here is the track for you FOR FREE though it has cost me blood, sweat, tears and thousands of $ worth of equipment. I have put it on my Google drive and you can download the mp3 there if you want to.

I hope you like it. It is all for you, Morpheus. Amy was my Trinity. I have paid the price of losing big time. It was and is still a spiritual and artistic friendship. Amy is not dead, she is just asleep. My God is God of the living. He was really well angry about what happened to Amy and people like her and has sent some dudes into the world to put it right.

Treasure Dub by Revolution 9 mp3

Guess how many MBs the file is? Yes, you guessed it; Number 9, Number 9, Number 9, lol!

Abbey Road studios is waiting for you. You have ACCESS now. Isn't that a long way to come from the elitism that was only afforded to a few back in the 60s?

Life is opening up so be patient. it has to do its thing at a pace. Enjoy this palace if you are in a ghetto like I am. If you are rich then do not make life a ghettto, but see it as a palace, too. In the Father's House there are many palaces. "Each one got a fire proof floor" says Bob Dylan.

edit on 26-4-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Man, today is my day off, the sun is shining, and the trees are greening up.

If today had a soundtrack, this would be it, nice work and thanks for sharing!

All the best

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It sounds well mixed.
It is,to my ear, just trippy background music.
That's fine if that's your flavor.'
As far as song-smithing goes, there is a way to go.
You get an E for effort.
Here's some stuff I recorded in my apartment.
Feel free to tear it apart.
Be brutal.
soundcloud.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Mornin R9 .. I enjoyed that .. excellent track and your voice is cool .. would of liked To hear it a bit more on the song but still excellent .. 😊

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

haha you just made me want to do drugs..
but I dont do that anymore really so..
Ill give it another listen in a bit.

I think I quite liked it actually.

Nice work!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

nice work

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

hehe - Robert Fripp is that you moonlighting on ATS?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
It sounds well mixed.
It is,to my ear, just trippy background music.
That's fine if that's your flavor.'
As far as song-smithing goes, there is a way to go.
You get an E for effort.
Here's some stuff I recorded in my apartment.
Feel free to tear it apart.
Be brutal.
soundcloud.com...

Nice stuff there mate, good melodic playing with smooth colourful arpeggios.realy good

Check out the guitarwar website it’s full of good musicians who give great feedback on playing and recording

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Dammit! Busted.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Dammit! Busted.

21st Century Schizoid Man!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I liked it, probably the sort of tune I'd play at 5am smoking with mates after a mental hard house night or something.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Remember when that 1st came out,all the stoners said if you played record backwards would say"Turn me on dead man"

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You know what? I like it because You Made It, and that's all that matters.πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ
edit on 4/26/2018 by 3n19m470 because: removed personal information

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I know we've crossed swords on ATS a few times fella but just a shout, since I listened to your track I've got the main bass line stuck in my damn head!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Cool guitar tones and playing. A bit too "jammy" for my general taste but I can hear that track working for film very well. It's somewhat similar to a "reel" demonstrating a variety of styles. Did you play all the instruments?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The mix sounds OK.

Because it is a slow tempo, the timing stands out a bit. Perhaps it is quantisation errors? Perhaps it is intentional?

Also, you could give it more changes, for variety. Perhaps an overall shape and direction? A bridge or mid section change (please, no running a section through a flange/sweep effect, like with a lot of Dubstep, that isn't really a change)? Perhaps ending in some sort of crescendo?

The one and a half minute intro before the vocals also detract from the impact of the message of the lyric.

Everything else is very well executed. I can hear the Reggae roots. Not my normal choice in music but I liked it.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Cool guitar tones and playing. A bit too "jammy" for my general taste but I can hear that track working for film very well. It's somewhat similar to a "reel" demonstrating a variety of styles. Did you play all the instruments?
Yep. I suck on drums.

new topics

top topics

join