It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popup about "skinwalker ranch" thread keeps coming up...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I keep getting some notice at the bottom of the page, it is a white box at the very bottom that takes up 10-15% of the screen. It has a red exclamation mark at the left and it says something about "read about my visit to Skinwalker ranch". It's been coming up for a few days and I have no idea why or what it is. I'm not subscribed or anything to that thread so IDK what the heck this thing is or how to get it to go away. Anyone else getting this or know what I'm talking about? I'll take a screen shot next time it happens.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Site owner advertising.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Mark, one of the site owners visited and posted about it. Good thread, certainly worth reading for all the info/pics.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yes I get it too, I believe it's just to bring attention to the fact that Springer's thread was so interesting and got so "hot" so fast. To alert other members to the conversation in case they missed it when it was on the "new" list.

I could be wrong though I guess. I think it shows up for everyone though.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

lol I know right! Nothing like pimping your own thread .
Go Skeptic Overlord... Oops Springer....
You guys all look alike to me. Lol
edit on 4162018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If your a site owner and you post a "big thread" then that pops up.

IF you're just a mortal like the rest of us then you get no such treatment.

It will go away eventually....

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
lol I know right! Nothing like pimping your own thread .
Go Skeptic Overlord...

Are you implying SO and Springer are the same person? I mean I get that they are both super handsome, very smart and probably can bench press 300lbs, but I'm pretty sure they are actually two separate people.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I had that happen yesterday, a few times. Not today though..

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I m sorry. I changed my post.

These site owners all look alike. Lol

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Thanks for the replies. I had never seen anything like this before and didn't know if it was some kind of malware on the site or what or maybe something coming in from off-site that got on my computer when I had that thread open. iot just seemed odd the way it popped up and then went away.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So what if Jerry Springer went to a health farm that specializes in skin treatment. The guys been off the air for years and he's not getting any younger. Bless him

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I went to skinwalker ranch. Nothing happened, I saw nothing, it was creepy and weird, but here is my thread.

Not unlike when we took Robbie Williams with with us to the other ranch.

Enjoy OR ELSE.

edit on 16-4-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You're right. We should just stick to the 456,298 threads about Trump and Hillary.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

ATS has always been devoted to classic UFO phenomena, and April is the Lyrid shower season.
With all the recent diversity on ATS the Skinwalker ranch redux seemed like a nice attempt to get everyone in the community reading from the same page for a while.
Skinwalker ranch is classic but esoteric and potentially divisive.
I kind of got lost after trying to connect kev shamans with Erastothenes and Mel's hole.
Probably wiser to wait for the video to get the answers and see exactly what was meant to be on topic.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The first time I saw it was just as the page changed and I thought it was a warning.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

But not one of them got a banner at the bottom of the page alerting folks to read it did they?
Not that there's anything wrong with that....

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums

You're right. We should just stick to the 456,298 threads about Trump and Hillary.

You're right.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well, when you own the site, you can make whatever popups you want.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I got moderated (deleted) for making the comment that quoted Springer (I never saw anything while at the property)...thus, my take it sounded "boring"....if THAT isn't "allowed" speech here, ALL may be propagsnda.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

ATS is a corporation with a board, CEO, watercooler, and a tray of delicious cookies. Designed to make money, thru the glorious system of free enterprise on a platform with easy access.

A few pop ups is a reasonable price to pay for stellar entertainment, unparalleled on the inter-webs. Wouldn't you agree?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join