It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns any U.S. missiles fired at Syria will be shot down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Russia has warned that any U.S. missiles fired at Syria over a suspected chemical weapons attack on a rebel enclave would be shot down and the launch sites targeted, raising the possibility of a U.S.-Russian confrontation.

Issuing the warning on Tuesday evening, the Russian ambassador to Lebanon also said such a clash should be avoided and Moscow was ready for negotiations. But his remarks could raise fears of direct conflict for the first time between major powers backing opposing sides in Syria's protracted civil war.

Russia warns any U.S. missiles fired at Syria will be shot down

All I can say is GOOD luck and GOOD shooting to the Russians.

May they shoot as many USA, French and my own country's UK missiles down as possible.

I hope they just shoot the missiles down and not target the launch sites as that would just escalate things. Plus shooting missiles doesn't kill anyone.

We have no proof the attack was Assad. And the war in Syria is not our business. The bully's of Trump, Macron and May need putting in there place.

Of course I have my doubts on Russian missiles defense and how effective it will be.
edit on 12-4-2018 by Reydelsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
waiting with bated breath, and hoping this thing all just blows over. I really hope it doesn't escalate into something really big.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
waiting with bated breath, and hoping this thing all just blows over. I really hope it doesn't escalate into something really big.

Long as Russia just shoot the missiles there should not be escalation. Only if Russia start killing USA,UK, French personal.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

The 24 hour news channels have run out of headlines. "Tensions rising!" has been stuck to the bottom of the screen for 4 days now, lol.

I think there is serious doubt creeping in. Why would Asaad gas people now, when the U.S. declared it would be out of Syria in 6 months or less? He knows that a provocation like that would delay our departure. Something he does not want.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The 24 hour news channels have run out of headlines. "Tensions rising!" has been stuck to the bottom of the screen for 4 days now, lol.

I think there is serious doubt creeping in. Why would Asaad gas people now, when the U.S. declared it would be out of Syria in 6 months or less? He knows that a provocation like that would delay our departure. Something he does not want.

Same thing over here in France.

Nothing being mentioned on any of the MSM channels since yesterday... eerily quiet... TOO quiet...

The calm before the storm??

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 12-4-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I find it strange that many ATSer's will acknowledge that this was a false flag, then in the same breath boast about how our military will destroy Russia.

Are you guys proud of military action based on a lie? I doubt the troops are.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
What a farcical situation Syria has become, and to think from all this Russia has been made out to be the bad guy by assisting an elected leader of a sovereign nation to rid the country of terrorists and mercs..

The US population I would hope have seen all the tricks before and will shout down any attempt at escalating this to something bigger. Either help Russia and clear the country and move on or stay the # out of it. For decades Syria has been a trading hub in the middle east where every religion and creed traded and got on in relative harmony, I have stated before I have not meet one Syrian that has ever said a bad thing about Assad and I have worked with a enough of them at all levels of the pay and education scale.

If Western powers where to try to get a pay day for the military industrial complex from this and lives are lost it would be simply breath taking, sadly I say that as I would not be surprised either..

It is fairly obvious what the agenda is since the MSM are touting Russian involvement in the Election whilst poisoning ex spy's in absurdly difficult and incompetent ways in the UK. Trying to drum up public opinion much???....

RA

edit on 12-4-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reydelsol

Long as Russia just shoot the missiles there should not be escalation. Only if Russia start killing USA,UK, French personal.

or if some of our missiles get through and hit Russian assets. then there could be some escalation.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

personally I don't think Asaad gassed those people. I think it was another ? who knows who? that did it to keep the tension rising on the area. I think someone really wants to see the big bear fight the big eagle...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

edit on 12/4/18 by gunshooter because: double post..... appologies

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
What a farcical situation Syria has become, and to think from all this Russia has been made out to be the bad guy by assisting an elected leader of a sovereign nation to rid the country of terrorists and mercs..

The US population I would hope have seen all the tricks before and will shout down any attempt at escalating this to something bigger. Either help Russia and clear the country and move on or stay the # out of it. For decades Syria has been a trading hub in the middle east where every religion and creed traded and got on in relative harmony, I have stated before I have not meet one Syrian that has ever said a bad thing about Assad and I have worked with a enough of them at all levels of the pay and education scale.

If Western powers where to try to get a pay day for the military industrial complex from this and lives are lost it would be simply breath taking, sadly I say that as I would not be surprised either..

It is fairly obvious what the agenda is since the MSM are touting Russian involvement in the Election whilst poisoning ex spy's in absurdly difficult and incompetent ways in the UK. Trying to drum up public opinion much???....

RA

didn't you know? the US is the world police, world judge, and world jury, and try to be world executioners. shots have been fired, and the US is on the caper.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Assad wasn't elected his father put him in charge. Syria is not a democracy they don't hold elections. Just the fact you dont know this invalidates anything you may say. This is a civil war caused by 11 percent of the population trying to maintain strict control over the other 89 percent. Alawites identify as Shiite Muslims this is why Iran supports them but here's the problem. Alawites do not follow sharia bUT Assad had to get help from groups like Hezbollah there intrests are diffrent from his. They want to remove sunnis from the country. They want Shia control of Syria to threaten saudi arabia. Also has Iranian Shia as well again there goal is to remove sunni.

Now here's Assads problem to alawites he needs to show he's strong enough to maintain power because they fear Iranians will take over and they become puppets. If Assad show weakness dealing with sunni Hezbollah will either try to take over or leave. He can't afford for either of these things to happen. So he has to look strong to his generals to prevent a coup and has to look like he is trying to remove all sunni from syria. This means since he doesn't have the force to go in to an area and remove sunni the best option becomes gas them and get them to want to leave.

Now Russia there's only two reasons they are there and it has nothing to do with Putin trying to support Assad. Russia’s strategic interest in Syria centers on access to the Tartous port, Russia’s only navy outpost in the Mediterranean, but Moscow also has investments and weapons contracts with Damascus to protect. These contracts are needed to help Russia weather sanctions. Without these arms sales Russia would fold. So for Putin syria is a life line.

Assad will continue to use gas because his allies require it and Russia is forced to look the other way. Don't think Putin doesn't know Assad is scum he just doesn't have a choice he needs him.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

e has to look strong to his generals to prevent a coup and has to look like he is trying to remove all sunni from syria. This means since he doesn't have the force to go in to an area and remove sunni the best option becomes gas them and get them to want to leave.

WRONG

The government forces have been winning.

The USA last week said they where pulling support. If that had taken place the rebels supply of arms and supply's would have dried up doing far more damage than any gas attack!

What going to help Assad more?

Gasses a few hundred civilians.....He could of killed with conventional weapons like barrel bombs without anyone in the west caring.

OR

Letting the USA pull out of rebel support and watching there resources dry up?

Assad will continue to use gas because his allies require it and Russia is forced to look the other way. Don't think Putin doesn't know Assad is scum he just doesn't have a choice he needs him.

No Assad does NOT have to use gas. Russian airstrikes have been doing massive damage to the rebels.
The gas has attacks have been only killing a few hundred at a time, not thousands...... A few hundred, normal bombs can do that sort of damage!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Assad will continue to use gas because his allies require it and Russia is forced to look the other way.

You really believe Assad would use gas on a civilian target with zero strategic value two days after Trump said he was pulling out of Syria? Just at the point of winning after 6 years of war?? Remember last year? The US said that regime change was no longer an objective in Syria....two days later and another gas attack blamed on Assad. It really does require olympic levels of mental gymnastics to believe that Assad was responsible.....not to mention that there's no evidence that he did....or that the attack even happened in the first place, apart from the usual dodgy video from those ever so trustworthy "white helmets".

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Reydelsol

I share your hope that Russia takes down as many missiles as possible, and by so doing reduces the non-combatant death toll in the region by significant orders of magnitude.

Of course, I would hope that the Russians also make the wise choice not to do more than that, although it would be ridiculous to expect them to leave the launch sites alone, if their defences are so pressed by any incoming barrage that it threatens to penetrate their defence cordon. If their mission is to prevent missiles landing in Syria, then they may have to destroy the launch sites.

Forcing Russia to act in this way would be very foolish, and cannot be seen as anything other than a deliberate escalation.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I hope they just shoot the missiles down and not target the launch sites as that would just escalate things. Plus shooting missiles doesn't kill anyone.

That's the plan. Putin boasted about his missile defenses just a few weeks ago, and now Trump has been given an opportunity to trash talk Russia, make a bold move towards Syria, and give Russia a chance to demonstrate its merchandise in front of its target market, Iran. All coincidence, no doubt.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They want to remove sunnis from the country. They want Shia control of Syria to threaten saudi arabia. Also has Iranian Shia as well again there goal is to remove sunni. 

Can you blame them? The Sunni sect of Islam did 9/11 for western interests. They spearheaded ISIS to destabilize Syria and ethnic cleanse the populace for western interests.

Seriously, listen to yourself. Would you want people like that in your country?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I share your hope that Russia takes down as many missiles as possible, and by so doing reduces the non-combatant death toll in the region by significant orders of magnitude.

Of course, I would hope that the Russians also make the wise choice not to do more than that, although it would be ridiculous to expect them to leave the launch sites alone, if their defences are so pressed by any incoming barrage that it threatens to penetrate their defence cordon. If their mission is to prevent missiles landing in Syria, then they may have to destroy the launch sites.

Forcing Russia to act in this way would be very foolish, and cannot be seen as anything other than a deliberate escalation.

I seldom agree with you but this post is bang on. Echoing my sentiments perfectly.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

The Sunni sect of Islam did 9/11 for western interests. They spearheaded ISIS to destabilize Syria and ethnic cleanse the populace for western interests.

You listen to yourself.ISIS serves no-one's interests but its own. Assad is a Russian client, which means he is the one serving "western interests." Russia is European, predominantly Christian, and not Muslim majority.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Assad wasn't elected his father put him in charge. Syria is not a democracy they don't hold elections. Just the fact you dont know this invalidates anything you may say.

Not sure what to say???.

journal-neo.org...

A group of international observers emphasized that the election was a valid and democratic expression of the views of the Syrian people. journal-neo.org...

Of course the west stated it was a scam but I will listen to the Syrians I actual know and who live-lived in the country..

www.theguardian.com...

Assad does not need to "show" anything, the country was working just fine prior to the proxy war, where else do you get Jews, Christians and Muslims all living together and trading like you did in Damascus??..

If it is not fairly obvious that there is an agenda for this country that is being influenced by outside sources then I do not know what to say?.

So I guess lets remove Assad and have another Iraq or Libya with even more waring factions??, just how well is that working out for the local populas??.. The middle east like Asia does not run by our western view of the world, different people are happy and want different things, it took a lot of travel and open mindedness for me to understand that but I have seen it...

RA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join