It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA just prevented SpaceX from showing its rocket in orbit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Apparently, you need to have a license now to send anything larger than a handheld camera into orbit.

link to article

National Security? This makes no sense. Maybe they ARE pissed at Spacex for their Starman video?

Unless there really is something they don't want you to see?

I can't see it as being another cheap assed money grab tax on space companies for showing earth footage

[vid removed]

The conspiracy guy in me is waving a red flag at the moment.
edit on 31-3-2018 by gspat because: because

edit on Sat Mar 31 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: vid removed by staff

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Sorry how the hell does NOAA have legislation to enable them to dictate what can and cannot be seen from "orbit/space", it smells similar to being able to buy Moon real estate or in other words a load of bollocks....

It is fairly obvious that there is some stuff going on as there are copious videos from Nasa cutting feeds of "objects".

In reality we are a decade away from "many" private firms getting up there and it is simply a way of protecting the status quo, personally I would be very reluctant to adhere to a restricted filming act that covers something that no one entity can possibly own...

RA

edit on 31-3-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The restrictions are on remote sensing devices being put into orbit. You need a license which space x didn't get. They didn't need it before because they were not putting anything in to a stable orbit. The next launch is for NASA so they won't need it there either. It's not about hiding anything putting iridium in orbit requires the 2nd stage to be in orbit. IF this launch was for NASA wouldn't have cared but because it's a commercial launch they want to make sure companies pay for licences. This is simply a government agency wanting to get their fees.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

The restrictions are on remote sensing devices being put into orbit. You need a license which space x didn't get. They didn't need it before because they were not putting anything in to a stable orbit. The next launch is for NASA so they won't need it there either. It's not about hiding anything putting iridium in orbit requires the 2nd stage to be in orbit. IF this launch was for NASA wouldn't have cared but because it's a commercial launch they want to make sure companies pay for licences. This is simply a government agency wanting to get their fees.

OK, then the onus for a license should be on the Iridium group, not Spacex. They are the ones with "remote sensing" technology on their equipment. And they are the ones with equipment going into orbit.

Showing a launch shouldn't be restricted, regardless where the cameras are. Unless you really want to hide something.

An ISS re-supply mission spends more time in orbit than a launch like this does. Why doesn't that need a license again?
edit on 31-3-2018 by gspat because: because

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well for starters,
SpaceX didn’t send jack sh!t to space.
Second, there is no way to send things to deep“space”
Thirdly, there is no “space”
“They” don’t have any cgi ready video to show you except for the original cgi footage of the big “launch”

“You can tell it’s real because it looks so fake” - Elon musk.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

A topic people typically get very butthurt about but this just proves they have something to hide...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Illiberation

Oh I know.
I’m fine with living under the dome, though. Lots to still explore here.

edit on 31-3-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Awesome, makes you wonder who exactly he was referring to.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

LOL no...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
OK, then the onus for a license should be on the Iridium group, not Spacex. They are the ones with "remote sensing" technology on their equipment. And they are the ones with equipment going into orbit.

Was the camera on the Iridium satellites or on the rocket?

An ISS re-supply mission spends more time in orbit than a launch like this does. Why doesn't that need a license again?

If they are working for NASA they are not under the same rules.

This looks like just an old situation that needs to be adapted to the new conditions.

PS: according to the National and Commercial Space Programs act, this only applies to US companies, so if they are hiding something it cannot be any thing special.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Well for starters,
SpaceX didn’t send jack sh!t to space.
Second, there is no way to send things to deep“space”
Thirdly, there is no “space”
“They” don’t have any cgi ready video to show you except for the original cgi footage of the big “launch”

So wait..you are serious in your claim that there is no space?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Here's the launch from the SpaceX channel.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

We have satellites and space stations, but they are in low orbit and are basically balloons.
Deep space? It's not what you have been taught it to be.

Check out operation Fishbowl.

I know it's hard to believe. The globe earth/space model that we have been indoctrinated in is stronger than most religion.
I don't expect you to believe any of this. The average intelligent person won't even entertain such thoughts.

However, yes, everything that you have been taught about the nature of "space" is a lie.
It started with "the world is not flat" in the middle ages/early renaissance. It eventually caught on. The masses grew smarter, however, and more was needed to bury the truth. Enter Albert Einstein with his theory of Relativity. This theory is complete sh!t and was only upheld because it "explains" "gravity" and thus backs up the absurd idea that we are living on a spinning globe that is hurdling through space at high speeds.

Go on, continue to mock and feel "safe" with "knowing" what you believe is correct. In the long run it doesn't matter.

But if you really want the truth... Open your eyes.
I know it's difficult. It's like trying to convince a Christian that their religion is just a government tool to control the masses.

I know, it's difficult being one of the masses and not wanting to believe the truth and WAKE UP!

Good luck with your journey!

edit on 31-3-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: gspat

Was the camera on the Iridium satellites or on the rocket?

If they are working for NASA they are not under the same rules.

This looks like just an old situation that needs to be adapted to the new conditions.

PS: according to the National and Commercial Space Programs act, this only applies to US companies, so if they are hiding something it cannot be any thing special.

I would agree it needs to be adapted, but the way things seem to go, it'll probably be for the worst.

And that's the optimist in me speaking.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
SpaceX ? Musk sent a car into space ?

Laughable.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Here's the launch from the SpaceX channel.

I said it was the first one I found, not the best...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The earth is a tennis racket... aliens are stopping the oceans from draining because they hide their motherships in the precipitation clouds... ... look what happens when you pour water on the sand... It falls through! HOW HAS NO ONE NOTICED THIS???????????

We weren't supposed to be mammals.. its just so were more juicy for the aliens to feed on us... we were all meant to be reptiles originally LOOK AT THE FOSSIL EVIDANCEEEEE!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
They should just go militaristic then everyone would accept whatever they do.

Spacex just launched a new gun. Oh well they have that right then.

Afterall noaa doesn't want to get blown up do they?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join