It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begging For Robot Saviors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I don't have a lot of time today, but I want to get started on this new thought....

The gun ownership argument is now moving in the direction of armed robots. David Hogg is now bringing up the idea that a teacher could not possibly save kids from a school shooter. His reasoning is based on the idea that an armed deputy could not even save students from the shooter. Some say the first responders were told to not engage, but now we are being led to believe that there was a lack of desire to engage the scary enemy. If nobody has the guts to run in and defeat a shooter then what are we to do?! Get a robot with a gun. The robot has no fear. The robot will kill on command. Forget the idea that human soldiers exist -- the kids are being programmed to not even want a gun. The kids are being programmed to stand down to the greater force coming to enslave them. And that force will have robots on the front line which is everywhere and most importantly at this time in the school hallways. Robots in the schools ready to crack down with no fear and no hesitation at all. The kids are being led by their emotional response into a robot patrolled prison.

Then armed robots in the grocery store. The mall. On the sidewalk. At the crosswalk. In your country club neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Remote control retractable gun pods in the ceiling? Maybe running on rails? Cop simply clips a weapon to a harness and lets it roll through the building? Or they are activated automatically by the sounds of gun-shots?

www.pinterest.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Skynet will turn on us...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They already got 'robots'. They use them all the time.

Fear was not what prevented first responders from running into the building, if everyone ran in whenever they got there, they would be shooting at each other.
Containment, then sweep and clear by trained teams (whenever they get there) is policy in such cases.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Want to be soft and rely on someone else to protect you? Well take a look at how powerful we have allowed our government to become having that attitude?

No snip, I am supposed to show up for jury duty, and the pricks are demanding doctors notes and threatening me with jail for not showing up! Feck em! Costs me money to see a doc, so I told em to pick the doc of their choice and pay the tab. I already served my country joining the military, so eff off. Jury nullification is also in my inventory, but these dipsnips are all about power and authority. Put me behind bars bitches!!!

edit on 30-3-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Skynet will turn on us...

I'm not sure it's real name is Skynet...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Active national guards or retired soldiers may be more efficient.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

There are other alternatives, such as the Active Denial System but they are large scale 'weapons' that as of this post they are the least viable option. Japan already has 'robocops' however Japan is a small nation with tight gun laws, Robocops in America would not be the wisest fiscal investment.

IMO fast acting tranquilizer guns are the safest option, however that raises a few ethical issues-Tasers can kill people, and so could sleepers unless they were developed properly- But it's a whole lot better than president pumpkin head's idea or arming teachers.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If we are thinking of computers making a decision then we will always end up with a view of Asimovs rules of robotics.

The problem would be just the same as we have now for teachers, should there be a lockdown and some other teacher comes in with a gun should you shoot them to protect them as time is the most important thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
If we are thinking of computers making a decision then we will always end up with a view of Asimovs rules of robotics.

Isaacs laws need not apply here, but you raise a good question-how can a robot perceive a real threat? what if some students brought some water pistols to school as a last day before spring break prank? they could be perceived as a threat and accidentally killed. What if some AV club students decide to make a faux slasher flick on the campus? they could end up in a morgue as well.

To paraphrase Doctor Who 'computers are just sophisticated idiots-they can make a million computations a second but yet they still need someone to tell them what to do.' The securitrons are getting closer but it would be dangerous to employ them at this point.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That's what we need, robots shooting people.
By the way, are you the Easter Bunny?

originally posted by: Generation9
I don't have a lot of time today, but I want to get started on this new thought....

The gun ownership argument is now moving in the direction of armed robots. David Hogg is now bringing up the idea that a teacher could not possibly save kids from a school shooter. His reasoning is based on the idea that an armed deputy could not even save students from the shooter. Some say the first responders were told to not engage, but now we are being led to believe that there was a lack of desire to engage the scary enemy. If nobody has the guts to run in and defeat a shooter then what are we to do?! Get a robot with a gun. The robot has no fear. The robot will kill on command. Forget the idea that human soldiers exist -- the kids are being programmed to not even want a gun. The kids are being programmed to stand down to the greater force coming to enslave them. And that force will have robots on the front line which is everywhere and most importantly at this time in the school hallways. Robots in the schools ready to crack down with no fear and no hesitation at all. The kids are being led by their emotional response into a robot patrolled prison.

Then armed robots in the grocery store. The mall. On the sidewalk. At the crosswalk. In your country club neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If the building had a live CCTV system, the cops would have been able to instantly sweep the building and identify where the shooter was. The system they had would spend 20 minutes slowly rolling through all 180+ cameras. A smart CCTV system could automatically email pictures whenever a gunshot was detected.

The focus should be on prevention. That would involve social activities at an early age to ensure everyone has social skills.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

And Elon Musk is going to hook Tesla brand cars to your cell phone. You can hope to have access in the future.

Could Musk take control of all car production in a non-gasoline car future?

Who doesn't want controlled explosion?

I think Musk is anti-American. That guy is evil like Google.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Elon Musk could run for President with David Hogg as VP.

That is exactly how doofus the enemy has become.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If parents would actually be responsible for their own children, then we wouldn't need robot slaves. Aside from that, we already have an entire country of robots. Maybe 5g can save the children. Adults certainly don't care to do anything but point fingers.

new topics

top topics

join