It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the Drug Companies.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I saw this infomercial on television with this guy selling a book titled "Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About." This guy had some pretty interesting stuff to say and I just wanted to know what you guys thought about him and the book.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Not sure about the book. Was is published by "Bottom Line Health" perhaps?

Troy

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't know who it was published by but I was wondering if anyone has read it.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Its from Kevin Trudeau..want to loose weight?
(Well, he writes about a lot of other things too in this book!)

I never read it, but heard about it

best wishes

dc

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks, I might buy it if it were in book stores or something but I don't really want to order it off of television.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I bought it for my mother in spanish, and is about a naturalistic and holistic aproach to alternative medicine.

My mother just love it.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I believe natural, wholistic, and safe is the way to go.

Troy

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The drug companies which are located throughout the world do not want people to go the Holistic route. They will say or do anything to discredit any information that may take profits out of their greedy hands. Granted some meds. are very useful to man, but if there is an alternet way of healing using herbs or other known and effective practices they will have nothing to do with it. I've had four back operations at the L4,L5 area and tried that acupuncture and it worked very well for me. I would love to keep the needles in my back because that was how effective that treatment was for me. Now, I have to take mega doses of Morph. and Oxy. because the V.A. will not pay for alternate treatment that has been proven effective. I can't figure it out.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i saw said infomercial. very interesting stuff. the best claim made in the show was that if your blood was alkaline you could not develop cancer.

it has recently been proven that certain ancient chinese herbal treatments DO stop cancer cell growth. (rofl chinese medicine men have known this forever it seems)

i also saw on tv about 5 years ago a differnt guy claim that certain tribes in south america had a 0% cancer rate (fact) and speculated it was from the huge amounts of calcium in the water.

yes, drug companies are w/o a doubt evil. its not like they wouldnt exist if people used wholistic medicine, they just wouldnt be as rich.

its a damn shame.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
The drug companies which are located throughout the world do not want people to go the Holistic route. They will say or do anything to discredit any information that may take profits out of their greedy hands. Granted some meds. are very useful to man, but if there is an alternet way of healing using herbs or other known and effective practices they will have nothing to do with it. I've had four back operations at the L4,L5 area and tried that acupuncture and it worked very well for me. I would love to keep the needles in my back because that was how effective that treatment was for me. Now, I have to take mega doses of Morph. and Oxy. because the V.A. will not pay for alternate treatment that has been proven effective. I can't figure it out.

dude send me ur pills and ill pay for your acupuncture...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kosmo Yagkoto
Thanks, I might buy it if it were in book stores or something but I don't really want to order it off of television.

nah, you dont have to order it from a T.V.-Hotline..

It´s well known..I just saw it in a common internet book store..depends on, where you are

send me a u2u if you need help

best wishes

dc

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Heh, I bought it and read it. Pur propaganda. I will stop short of saying it is untrue, but the guy will tell you straight away that what he is writing is his own opinion. Here's a hint: ANYONE can write a compelling book that is of their own opinion. Backing up their claims with facts is a whole other animal. He consistently makes claims which he does not back up with research. Incidentally I did some of my own independent research, and found that much like Michael Moore, there he may be 1/3 correct. The rest is either simply wrong, or just propaganda. Do I recommend it? Not necessarily. You can get a lot more information by simply reading articles about current and past medical research.

-P

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I haven't read this book, but I can say that wholistic and nutritional therapies are definitely something to consider. My well being seems to be changing for the better with my current supplementation. I think my hearing may be getting better, and I feel more aware.

Troy

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I agree, you probably do not need to purchase this book. There is alot of free information on holistic medicine online.

Ill give you a tip that may keep you away from Uncle Sam's drug companies: If you don't get proper nutrition from your diet then supplment it with a multi-vitamin. Multi-vitamins often lack calcium so you may want to take a seperate calcium supplement (assuming you don't get the recommended amount from you diet). Most americans lack seafood in their diet so they do not get enough omega fatty acids. So I highly recommend adding fish oil to this list. Also keep in mind if you're a physically active person you need a litte more. Oh...you should be a physically active person

Many vitamins are antioxidants but if you want to be holistic about it then drink green tea. I do =)

[edit on 062828p://24u45 by Lucid Lunacy]

new topics

top topics

join