It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto chef butchers, eats deer leg in front of protesters.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

As a new pescatarian (only meat I eat is fish...and only rarely) I can understand why people choose to eliminate meats from their diet. I cannot understand politicizing a personal choice to do so. I, for one, cannot imagine imposing my beliefs and practices on others. I can understand having a dialogue and agreeing to disagree...but using force hardly ever works. I was even banned from a vegan forum because I pointed out that dogs should not be vegan...the owner of that forum posted a link showing a dog that lived to 25 years old as a vegan, but in that same article showed a dog that lived to 27 eating a normal balanced diet.

Kind of sad to see this, honestly. Responsible and sustainable food practices should be encouraged, especially conservation of wild game. We humans destroyed the majority of predators, so someone should be encouraged to cull the herds in an ethical manner.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Shoot one of them mofo's in the leg with a AR-15.

Then cut off his arm.

Oh sorry, her arm if the case maybe.

That should take care of the protest.

edit on 3 28 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I dont agree with imposing your own diet on another species which is clearly meant to eat meat

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I dont agree with imposing your own diet on another species which is clearly meant to eat meat

Neither does he.

I, for one, cannot imagine imposing my beliefs and practices on others

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
If God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

LMAO..

Venison sucks,, its salty and way to gamey..

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I totally agree with a vegan diet. The more vegans we eat the less BS we have to endure. Darwinism at work.

They're not so happy when the shoe is on the other foot(Language):

Grandma's Boy. Great movie.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I know that he didnt do that , I was referring to the vegan members he said had imposed their dietary plans on the dog that lived for 22 years or however long it lived.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

eating vegans you'd end up with that CJD related disease that that African tribe all ended up getting

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

If God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

LMAO..

Road kill is like that.

Eat beavers dude.

edit on 3 28 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

a reply to: JimNasium

Venison. If you have strong teeth and don't mind chewing for an hour. ( per bite) I wonder if it would soften up in a pressure cooker. The magic pot that tenderizes the toughest meat.
They don't sell it around here.

Marinade, or a slow cooker, or even just a long slow cook in the oven.....

Actually I've even put small kabob size pieces under the broiler with just pepper, and it was good. Moose is the one with the sinew that's hard to get off....

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I actually loved venison and never found it unworthy of my palate
rabbit is gamey ! venison is just nice

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

eating vegans you'd end up with that CJD related disease that that African tribe all ended up getting

It's called humour dude. Another thing vegans lack.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Second, they believe the concept of humane meat is a myth and see Antler as an opportunity to debunk it.

And one day they'll see that documentary on plants, that shows they also have feelings.....😳

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

I eat at that place regularly. It's in Plano, TX and is called Ye Ole Butcher Shop. The guy that owns/operates the place is hilarious. Every order he takes he talks like an auctioneer.

Another photo

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

funny I was being humerous too because vegans dont actually have brains !

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Venison is awesome. I have yet to have a bad piece. It's best if it's fresh, but I have ate it after over a year in the freezer and it was fine.

One thing: you have to know how to dress the deer or there's some kind of glands that can leak and contaminate the meat, making it gamey. Also, forget the microwave... cook it slow and long, and you'll never have a more tender cut of meat.

Vegan, on the other hand, is very gamey and stringy... similar to possum.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OK I'M ONLY GONNA SAY THIS ONCE!

Game is quite lean.

You just need to season and cook RARE!

Might as well eat your Michelin if you cook it any more.

(single muscle)

Stew meat, go for it.

Burger? add pork fat. 15%.

Jerky no prob.

Make sure it wasn't hit by a truck last week.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I am very much for managing our wildlife. I won't shoot a deer unless it has at least four points on it's head. We should actually keep these animals around, if everyone was a vegan, we would have to kill all the deer because they would eat all the fields and that would be inhumane. I buy only grassfed beef, a half a cow each year. I give quite a bit of it to my kids and brother for christmas. I know the Farmer and he treats his animals well, they are sent to the slaughter house at around 26 months, they are healthy and well taken care of when they are living.

I get my eggs from a woman who takes great care of her chickens, she has them running all over the yard. They are friendly chickens, she keeps them till they die naturally, long after they quit laying eggs. She is a good provider for the birds.

I haven't hunted deer in years now because we usually get three hundred pounds of beef every year, even when we give away a hundred pounds, we still have plenty for the wife and I and for summer dinners with the kids.

So would it be humane if everyone was vegan and all land was made into gardens and every herbivore was killed so we can eat our veggies? At least the cows get to live, now if we were competing with them for food, we would not allow them to live and multiply. I think these vegans are evil beings myself, kind of self centered.
Just kidding, but all humans cannot be vegans, every animal and bird would have to die if we were.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
One thing: you have to know how to dress the deer or there's some kind of glands that can leak and contaminate the meat, making it gamey.

TheRedneck

For those that don't know. This is the proper way.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: notsure1

Venison is awesome. I have yet to have a bad piece. It's best if it's fresh, but I have ate it after over a year in the freezer and it was fine.

One thing: you have to know how to dress the deer or there's some kind of glands that can leak and contaminate the meat, making it gamey. Also, forget the microwave... cook it slow and long, and you'll never have a more tender cut of meat.

Vegan, on the other hand, is very gamey and stringy... similar to possum.

TheRedneck

I have tried it multiple times and its always too salty? Just not a fan..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join