It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very interesting section of Trump's signed omnibus bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Go to this link and go to page 159.

For fees and expenses of witnesses, for expenses of contracts for the procurement and supervision of expert witnesses, for private counsel expenses, including advances, and for expenses of foreign counsel, $270,000,000, to remain available until expended, of which not to exceed $16,000,000 is for construction of buildings for protected witness safesites; not to exceed $3,000,000 is for the purchase and maintenance of armored and other vehicles for witness security caravans; and not to exceed $15,000,000 is for the purchase, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of secure telecommunications equipment and a secure automated information network to store and retrieve the identities and locations of protected witnesses: Provided, That amounts made available under this heading may not be transferred pursuant to section 205 of this Act.

$270 million for witness expenses.
$16 million to build safehouses for witnesses.
$15 million for telecom and network equipment to store the identities and locations of protected witnesses.
$3 million for armored vehicles for witness security caravans.

Has anything like this happened before? Are these numbers normal or are they evidence that something huge is coming? I find this very interesting, especially considering the stuff going on with the Q threads.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Go to this link and go to page 159.

For fees and expenses of witnesses, for expenses of contracts for the procurement and supervision of expert witnesses, for private counsel expenses, including advances, and for expenses of foreign counsel, $270,000,000, to remain available until expended, of which not to exceed $16,000,000 is for construction of buildings for protected witness safesites; not to exceed $3,000,000 is for the purchase and maintenance of armored and other vehicles for witness security caravans; and not to exceed $15,000,000 is for the purchase, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of secure telecommunications equipment and a secure automated information network to store and retrieve the identities and locations of protected witnesses: Provided, That amounts made available under this heading may not be transferred pursuant to section 205 of this Act.

$15 million for telecom and network equipment to store the identities and locations of protected witnesses.

Has anything like this happened before? Are these numbers normal or are they evidence that something huge is coming? I find this very interesting, especially considering the stuff going on with the Q threads.

Why can't they use some of the 700k empty buildings they got already, that costs a billion or so a year to keep?

ETA; Who knows what they got up their sleeve.

Might just be for themselves.

Anther edit; we are moving on Apr 1, way up near Shenzen, met our neighbor from the top floor yesterday. Guy from L.A.

We are way tf out in the NT.

I wanted to say, "Witness program too?" lol!

edit on 3 23 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 23 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
very nice catch

big thanks on that one

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I think that since the Trump Presidency people have actually started reading what Congress passes. In an effort to point out every little thing that can be nitpicked the people have actually become better informed. No more passing Bills to see what is in them.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think that since the Trump Presidency people have actually started reading what Congress passes. In an effort to point out every little thing that can be nitpicked the people have actually become better informed. No more passing Bills to see what is in them.

Exactly.

Democrats would have you live in a fantasy world. Same with Repubs. But Trump, Trump made them look twice.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Page 161 also shows a $53 million budget for construction on US owned land of buildings used for “holding” of prisoners.

Maybe these things are normal. ... But they sound scary.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Apprehension of witnesses to criminal state activity.

Detention facilities for witnesses of criminal state activity.

Surveillance of suspected witnesses to criminal state activity.

Security detail for incarcerated witnesses to criminal state activity.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Another point of interest, from page 595:

SEC. 628. No funds provided in this Act shall be used to deny an Inspector General funded under this Act timely access to any records, documents, or other materials available to the department or agency over which that Inspector General has responsibilities under the Inspector General Act of 1978, or to prevent or impede that Inspector General’s access to such records, documents, or other materials, under any provision of law, except a provision of law that expressly refers to the Inspector General and expressly limits the Inspector General’s right of access. A department or agency covered by this section shall provide its Inspector General with access to all such records, documents, and other materials in a timely manner.

Well well. That raises an eyebrow or two...
edit on 24-3-2018 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

"Never again" he said. Maybe now we are getting an inkling of the hows, whys, and wheretofores.

edit on 24-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

"Never again" he said. Maybe now we know how and why.

The more I'm digging into this, the more $ I see being given to the OIG. It's a LOT. I gotta figure out the total. What could that be for?? Hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

"Never again" he said. Maybe now we know how and why.

Yeah. I think Trump may be compromised. By the deep state? I don't know, but things smell very fishy. Trump has alienated his voter base with this, and the guns....

I can't help but feel like the establishment has taken total control, at least for the time being. I don't like it. Not one bit. But we never have......

A real revolution, beyond what has typically been mentioned here, may well be the only option left. This whole thing is bs. I think the majority of Trumps support base are starting to see the bigger picture.

What happens next is inevitable. We've all known it, but have hoped otherwise.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Nice 'Interpretation'.

They are building new facilities at Guantanamo.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Well which is it?

Trump is comprised by "the deep state"? Or he's being framed by them? Maybe both? Maybe he's working with "THE DEEP STATE". Maybe Trump's working with Hillary, Bill, Chuck and Nancy. Oh no!!!

Good Lord, do you guys know how silly you sound?

TRUMP IS A DEMOCRAT IN REPUBLICAN CLOTHING. That's it. He may have run as a Republican, but his mind thinks like a Democrat. You guys fell for the emotion and hate. And this is what you get. Maybe next time you'll vote for someone who can do the job.

Between his entertaining presidential reality show, and all the things he's done for Dems, I may just vote for Trump to have another term, but I doubt it. And all for a measly 1.6 billion dollars. Cheap.

And now with Bolton, I can't wait for the wars!!!!!!

And everyone make sure to watch 60 minutes. I'll be there. LOL!

Winning

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The amount is nearly the same as budgeted in previous years.

Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013

www.congress.gov...

For fees and expenses of witnesses, for expenses of contracts for the procurement and supervision of expert witnesses, for private counsel expenses, including advances, and for expenses of foreign counsel, $270,000,000, to remain available until expended, of which not to exceed $10,000,000 is for construction of buildings for pro- tected witness safesites; not to exceed $3,000,000 is for the purchase and maintenance of armored and other vehicles for witness security caravans; and not to exceed $11,000,000 is for the purchase, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of secure telecommuni- cations equipment and a secure automated information network to store and retrieve the identities and locations of protected wit- nesses.

Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014

www.congress.gov...

For fees and expenses of witnesses, for expenses of contracts for the procurement and supervision of expert witnesses, for private counsel expenses, including advances, and for expenses of foreign counsel, $270,000,000, to remain available until expended, of which not to exceed $16,000,000 is for construction of buildings for pro- tected witness safesites; not to exceed $3,000,000 is for the purchase and maintenance of armored and other vehicles for witness security caravans; and not to exceed $11,000,000 is for the purchase, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of secure telecommuni- cations equipment and a secure automated information network to store and retrieve the identities and locations of protected wit- nesses.

Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016

www.congress.gov...

For fees and expenses of witnesses, for expenses of contracts for the procurement and supervision of expert witnesses, for private counsel expenses, including advances, and for expenses of foreign counsel, $270,000,000, to remain available until expended, of which not to exceed $16,000,000 is for construction of buildings for pro- tected witness safesites; not to exceed $3,000,000 is for the purchase and maintenance of armored and other vehicles for witness security caravans; and not to exceed $13,000,000 is for the purchase, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of secure telecommuni- cations equipment and a secure automated information network to store and retrieve the identities and locations of protected wit- nesses: Provided, That amounts made available under this heading may not be transferred pursuant to section 205 of this Act.

So I would say there is nothing unusual here.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor

When you add up how much the Inspector General is receiving in this new bill, the total is over $404 million. Last year's budget asked for $98 million, and ended up receiving $93 Million.

To more than quadruple that amount is a bit unusual, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

When you add up how much the Inspector General is receiving in this new bill, the total is over $404 million. Last year's budget asked for $98 million, and ended up receiving $93 Million.

To more than quadruple that amount is a bit unusual, don't you think?

Which OIG? Each department is going to have its own OIG.

In the 2016 budget, I total ~$1 billion in the various OIGs (the biggest single one being ~$250 million for the Postal Service OIG).

www.congress.gov...

If you’re talking the DoJ OIG, they got $93,709,000 in 2016. In this year’s budget, they got $97,250,000. Not a huge difference.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The amount is nearly the same as budgeted in previous years.

Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013

www.congress.gov...

For fees and expenses of witnesses, for expenses of contracts for the procurement and supervision of expert witnesses, for private counsel expenses, including advances, and for expenses of foreign counsel, $270,000,000, to remain available until expended, of which not to exceed $10,000,000 is for construction of buildings for pro- tected witness safesites; not to exceed $3,000,000 is for the purchase and maintenance of armored and other vehicles for witness security caravans; and not to exceed $11,000,000 is for the purchase, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of secure telecommuni- cations equipment and a secure automated information network to store and retrieve the identities and locations of protected wit- nesses.

Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014

www.congress.gov...

For fees and expenses of witnesses, for expenses of contracts for the procurement and supervision of expert witnesses, for private counsel expenses, including advances, and for expenses of foreign counsel, $270,000,000, to remain available until expended, of which not to exceed $16,000,000 is for construction of buildings for pro- tected witness safesites; not to exceed $3,000,000 is for the purchase and maintenance of armored and other vehicles for witness security caravans; and not to exceed $11,000,000 is for the purchase, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of secure telecommuni- cations equipment and a secure automated information network to store and retrieve the identities and locations of protected wit- nesses.

Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016

www.congress.gov...

For fees and expenses of witnesses, for expenses of contracts for the procurement and supervision of expert witnesses, for private counsel expenses, including advances, and for expenses of foreign counsel, $270,000,000, to remain available until expended, of which not to exceed $16,000,000 is for construction of buildings for pro- tected witness safesites; not to exceed $3,000,000 is for the purchase and maintenance of armored and other vehicles for witness security caravans; and not to exceed $13,000,000 is for the purchase, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of secure telecommuni- cations equipment and a secure automated information network to store and retrieve the identities and locations of protected wit- nesses: Provided, That amounts made available under this heading may not be transferred pursuant to section 205 of this Act.

/thread.

I think that should put a lid on this particular subject. It's pretty much exactly the same as other recent years under Obama. Who knows what all that money is really used for. I highly doubt we spend 270,000,000 a year on witness protection.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Yes, optimism, I like it. Trump has caused people from both sides of the political spectrum to pay attention and read more, especially the constitution, making them better, or at least more informed, citizens. Nice! At least this here is good news.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Wookiep

Well which is it?

Trump is comprised by "the deep state"? Or he's being framed by them? Maybe both? Maybe he's working with "THE DEEP STATE". Maybe Trump's working with Hillary, Bill, Chuck and Nancy. Oh no!!!

Good Lord, do you guys know how silly you sound?

TRUMP IS A DEMOCRAT IN REPUBLICAN CLOTHING. That's it. He may have run as a Republican, but his mind thinks like a Democrat. You guys fell for the emotion and hate. And this is what you get. Maybe next time you'll vote for someone who can do the job.

Between his entertaining presidential reality show, and all the things he's done for Dems, I may just vote for Trump to have another term, but I doubt it. And all for a measly 1.6 billion dollars. Cheap.

And now with Bolton, I can't wait for the wars!!!!!!

And everyone make sure to watch 60 minutes. I'll be there. LOL!

Winning

Lol...how’s life with your National Enquirer world view? Maybe next time Dems will run an actual candidate and not their Queen to be coronated? I voted for current POTUS and will do it again if HRC is the other choice (or the fake Native American). Now give me Cory Booker and you might get my vote back to the Democratic side. Maybe even Claire McCaskell (sp).

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
People cherry picking out wording that they feel makes Trump a brilliant 25XD Chess player, face the truth, you got Trumped

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join