It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Dowd Resigns as Trump’s Lead Lawyer in Special Counsel Inquiry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Mr. Dowd, who took over the president’s legal team last summer and considered leaving several times, ultimately concluded that Mr. Trump was ignoring his advice, a person briefed on the matter said.

Dowd was Trump's lead Lawyer in the inquiry and the only "Trial" lawyer capable of navigating the complexities of law, subpoena requests etc.

The rest of Trump's legal team are largely PR and "counsel".

Put another way, Trump is now his own chief lawyer.

And put bluntly, Lawyers that are on the precipice of winning while in the national spotlight defending the President of the United States do not resign.

Dowd's last official act was to call on the Special Counsel investigation to be immediately shut down. When that failed, he resigned.

Should be an interesting next couple months.

Dowd was also spearheading the negotiations for Trump to be interviewed by Mueller. Those negotiations are largely scrapped now and Mueller might be at a stage where he just issues the Subpoena and challenges Trump to ignore it, sending it to the courts.

edit on 22-3-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Dowd was also spearheading the negotiations for Trump to be interviewed by Mueller. Those negotiations are largely scrapped now and Mueller might be at a stage where he just issues the Subpoena and challenges Trump to ignore it, sending it to the courts.

I hope a subpoena is issued. It will bring this bs investigation to an end.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Ye gods.

I'm sure it's all part of the plan though. Trump's just playing holographic Uno with everyone.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I hope a subpoena is issued.

Me too. Why is trump hiding from Mueller?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

with all the tweets he sends he isn't hiding from anyone

also when did mueller attempt to question trump and trump refuse? I missed that part....

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Obviously Trump is so innocent that his lead lawyer thought that Trump didn't need a lead lawyer.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

with all the tweets he sends he isn't hiding from anyone

Tweeting is not courage. Even when the apocalypse arrives, no one will confuse a "tweet" for courage. Trump hides behind his pudgy thumbs and his phone and rarely is willing to publicly defend his own tweets.

also when did mueller attempt to question trump and trump refuse? I missed that part....

For the past 4 months.

Dowd has been offering written statements instead. Asking for the questions to be shared before hand and negotiating what can and can't be talked about. Mueller has been asking nicely for months.

At least according to Trump's legal team.

edit on 22-3-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

please post a source that mueller asked to interview trump and he refused...
or are negotiations in this type of investigation abnormal?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

uh oh....

Trump asked four defense attorneys to join his legal team in recent weeks — and all of them said no

WTF....Don't those fools want to get on a winning team?

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
According to numerous reports, Trump is willing to be interviewed by Mueller, but his legal team (meaning Dowd) has been forbidding it.

Personally, I agree with Dowd. Why set yourself up for a perjury trap, like the one Flynn got caught in? If Mueller has evidence of wrongdoing, let him present it.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Dowd was against President Trump sitting down personally with Bob Mueller. The president wants to sit down personally with Bob Mueller. In business if your lawyer does not agree with you he has to go.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

please post a source that mueller asked to interview trump and he refused...
or are negotiations in this type of investigation abnormal?

Your post is self-contradictory.

Why would negotiations be necessary unless the Special Counsel requested an interview and Trump refused and offered an alternative?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

If trump is smart he will line the entire interview with the 5th
it is obvious mueller has nothing and is looking to set trump up, it appears to me mueller cant do that with out trump

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

so no source then....just your opinion....no worries
maddow will give you further instruction later today

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Ye gods.

I'm sure it's all part of the plan though. Trump's just playing holographic Uno with everyone.

Yes, that super duper highly complex plan devised by the greatest mind of the last 70 years, Donald Trump. He's just playing all the non-believers when in reality he has it all under control because he is 5 steps ahead of even ''THE BEST PEOPLE'' he can find to advise him.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Let the democrat's crony interview him and Trump's answer to every question should be, "I don't remember". Or I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me. Tell Mueller basically, to F off.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Dowd was against President Trump sitting down personally with Bob Mueller. The president wants to sit down personally with Bob Mueller. In business if your lawyer does not agree with you he has to go.

Why would Dowd not want Trump to sit down with Robert Mueller?

Without Dowd there, I suppose Trump will perhaps skip golf this weekend and meet with the Special Counsel for a couple hours?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes, that super duper highly complex plan devised by the greatest mind of the last 70 years, Donald Trump. He's just playing all the non-believers when in reality he has it all under control because he is 5 steps ahead of even ''THE BEST PEOPLE'' he can find to advise him.

dono about all that
but the orange one was able to beat hrc for potus, that seems super duper highly complex

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

so no source then....just your opinion....no worries
maddow will give you further instruction later today

When reality is involved there are endless sources available, but the most credible to you is obviously your own last post where you acknowledged Trump was negotiating the terms of an interview.

I cite your last post.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Even Fox is getting the idea that the gods of Chaos have invaded the WH.

www.rawstory.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join