It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were on a space station orbiting Saturn, what would your normal morning consist of?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Good Lawd! Well, I was under the impression that I'd be all by myself up there on a gravity induced space station. Everything you said was great, but be honest with me, from the time you read my question, how far did you get in thinking about that and writing it down, by the time you hit 120 seconds?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Jesus job interviews are getting weird.. We dont live on Saturn and never will, If I did I would just wake up and get ready for work.

What the hell can that possibly have to do with your job?

Humans can fly its called a plane..

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

In my head, I was thinking it was a space station large enough to have some sort of gravity to hold you down.

Yes, like our Moon..

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thank you... I hope so as well. I'm 39 but it's not too late to start a new career to retire from. I was in the oilfield for 8 years, and I've been in marketing for a little over 10, so why not give sales a go. I'm just spinning my wheels here at my current job, but it has its perks.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I don't know, but I type pretty damned fast.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hey- it's gotta be a far sight better than a typical morning orbiting Uranus.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

In my head, I was thinking it was a space station large enough to have some sort of gravity to hold you down.

Yes, like our Moon..

I recently watched that movie, Passengers. Their ship is what I thought of when I read the question.

edit on 22-3-2018 by Thirty6BelowZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
Hey- it's gotta be a far sight better than a typical morning orbiting Uranus.

EH EH EH!!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Some people want to work with other people that are not polluted by how the so-called mainstream 'it must be done this way' thinking boxes us in.
edit on 13CDT11America/Chicago005111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Every morning would be saturnday, you would not have to work.

I wonder if the person writing those questions is actually sane?

If every morning was Saturday morning...I'd probably have the Sophia Vergara Robo-concubine bring me coffee in bed.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

originally posted by: InTheLight

After sending my resume in for a new job and pursuing a new career, I was given a 2 hour assessment test. In this test, I was given a segment that had 2 questions which had to be answered within 2 minutes for each one. I didn't know the question until the timer began, and I couldn't back space or go back with my arrow keys. One of the questions were the title of this thread. In brief, I wrote that "I would wake up, start a pot of coffee, take a shower and get dressed and then enjoy my cup of coffee while looking at the universe. I would also try to find a way to collect a sample of Saturn's rings to see what all it's made of."

The other question, as easy as it seemed, kinda stumped me. It asked, "If humans could fly, what would change, and what would remain the same?"

So my question to you all is what I asked in the subject. Feel free to answer the second question as well.

I think you answered that very well - obviously having coffee and a shower would be done in a zero gravity way, common sense.

If humans could fly - it would rain down litter.

Thanks. Exactly right on the coffee and shower. I mean, you're going to be in flight for a few years before you ever make it to Saturn and then you'll be in orbit for who knows how long. Surely there's a way to have gravity so your muscles don't turn into mush.

Centripetal motion. Like being on the inside of a rotating ring. You would have normal gravity at 1G, but the motion of anything thrown in the air wouldn't be parabolic which would make playing tennis, cricket and baseball rather interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wake up with a some kind of hangover. Check my emails. Eat something bland. "SSS" Go to my workstation, see what's on the schedule. Slog along with my tasks, thinking about lunch.

So, pretty much the same thing I do now.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Some people want to work with other people that are not polluted by how the so-called mainstream 'it must be done this way' thinking boxes us in.

I think so, too. And I'll learn (quickly) from start to finish how to do things their way and not be bullheaded with alternate ways like I might be if I came from another company and had experience.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They where looking for this answer “I would get up and do my job on the space station.”

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The other question, as easy as it seemed, kinda stumped me. It asked, "If humans could fly, what would change, and what would remain the same?"

people would start #ting on each other literally

as well as figuratively

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
my answer to the 1st question also involves #ting

like I do every morning here on Earth

I doubt I would have gotten the job

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

An O'Neill cylinder should do the trick nicely.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Since we are in orbit around Saturn anyway, I'd combine work and play. After my morning SS&S + coffee, I'd head out for Enceladus for some powder skiing and sample plume deposits for signs of bacterial life. On the weekends I might even try my hand podsurfing Saturn's upper atmosphere. With wind speeds close to 2000 mph the tail slides would be rad and the carves would be truly epic.

If humans could fly, we would build up more often and have little need for elevators or stairs. Sports ball would be a lot more interesting in 3 dimensions too. What would stay the same? We'd still rip each other every chance we got on the internet.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
If humans could fly, we would build up more often and have little need for elevators or stairs. Sports ball would be a lot more interesting in 3 dimensions too. What would stay the same? We'd still rip each other every chance we got on the internet.

You might be able to fly around the gravity-free nodes, like in that last Star Trek movie. But if you kick the ball out of bounds it falls into Saturn and burns up.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I generally come in 15 minutes late and sneak in through the side, and hope the boss does not see me. I would look at email for an hour then go take a coffee break. Then I generally space out for an hour, staring at my desk so people think that I am working1

I would take a look out the porthole and verify that I was not dreaming. I would make my way to my work area while sipping on a coffee in a laminated foil pouch. At my work area I would check my schedule for impending due date items. A routine status check of important items to not-so-important items. Then scan of not my duty items but that still need status checks (the fusion reactor, life support, toilet supplies, air/cabin pressure, how many pop tarts are left, check the hemp in the garden, the CO2 scrubbers, how much beer is left, you know important stuff!).

Q2: There would be doors on the ceiling. Nobody would live in a ranch house anymore. Cars and roads would not be necessary. Clothing might have to be altered (assuming we had wings), at the very least, weatherized! Oakley would make yet even more money off me for super cool eye ware. Birds would freak out as their province would be crowded with idiots flying with their turn signals on!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join