It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were on a space station orbiting Saturn, what would your normal morning consist of?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
After sending my resume in for a new job and pursuing a new career, I was given a 2 hour assessment test. In this test, I was given a segment that had 2 questions which had to be answered within 2 minutes for each one. I didn't know the question until the timer began, and I couldn't back space or go back with my arrow keys. One of the questions were the title of this thread. In brief, I wrote that "I would wake up, start a pot of coffee, take a shower and get dressed and then enjoy my cup of coffee while looking at the universe. I would also try to find a way to collect a sample of Saturn's rings to see what all it's made of."

The other question, as easy as it seemed, kinda stumped me. It asked, "If humans could fly, what would change, and what would remain the same?"

So my question to you all is what I asked in the subject. Feel free to answer the second question as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

If you were in zero g you would then spend the rest of your morning clearing up the mess from your pot and cup of coffee and your shower....

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
After sending my resume in for a new job and pursuing a new career, I was given a 2 hour assessment test. In this test, I was given a segment that had 2 questions which had to be answered within 2 minutes for each one. I didn't know the question until the timer began, and I couldn't back space or go back with my arrow keys. One of the questions were the title of this thread. In brief, I wrote that "I would wake up, start a pot of coffee, take a shower and get dressed and then enjoy my cup of coffee while looking at the universe. I would also try to find a way to collect a sample of Saturn's rings to see what all it's made of."

The other question, as easy as it seemed, kinda stumped me. It asked, "If humans could fly, what would change, and what would remain the same?"

So my question to you all is what I asked in the subject. Feel free to answer the second question as well.

I would float out of bed... float to the toilet, scratch my nuts and yawn and pee all over myself before remembering to switch on the anti-gravity machine and getting the mop out.

To answer the second question as to what would change : We would have wings

What would stay the same : We would still have legs

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 22-3-2018 by Lagomorphe because: 2nd answer added

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I think you answered that very well - obviously having coffee and a shower would be done in a zero gravity way, common sense.

If humans could fly - it would rain down litter.
edit on 13CDT09America/Chicago05690931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

If you were in zero g you would then spend the rest of your morning clearing up the mess from your pot and cup of coffee and your shower....

In my head, I was thinking it was a space station large enough to have some sort of gravity to hold you down.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

I would float out of bed... float to the toilet, scratch my nuts and yawn and pee all over myself before remembering to switch on the anti-gravity machine and getting the mop out.

To answer the second question as to what would change : We would have wings

What would stay the same : We would still have legs

Kindest respects

Lags

Aye, I like that... I said we'd still be able to travel and would no longer have to worry about fuel costs.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I think you answered that very well - obviously having coffee and a shower would be done in a zero gravity way, common sense.

Thanks. Exactly right on the coffee and shower. I mean, you're going to be in flight for a few years before you ever make it to Saturn and then you'll be in orbit for who knows how long. Surely there's a way to have gravity so your muscles don't turn into mush.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Thanks. Exactly right on the coffee and shower. I mean, you're going to be in flight for a few years before you ever make it to Saturn and then you'll be in orbit for who knows how long. Surely there's a way to have gravity so your muscles don't turn into mush.

Exercise bikes are used in the ISS I believe!

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The most important response you gave, in my opinion, is simply to enjoy the moment of the beauty and awesomeness of the universe. Then, when the coffee kicks in back to science and exploration.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Every morning would be saturnday, you would not have to work.

I wonder if the person writing those questions is actually sane?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Exercise bikes are used in the ISS I believe!

Kindest respects

Lags

The ISS is tiny compared to what I would think an SS orbiting Saturn would be. I'd probably develop claustrophobia inside the ISS.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I wake up and address the ship

"Computer, ship report."

"Beep, bop, bloop, blorp!"

"Good… Computer, atmospheric report."

"Bleep, Blorp, Boop, Beep!"

"Wheres my shoe…. ah! Computer, check ATS messages."

"Bleep, Bop, bing, bonk."

“Awesome! Computer, set a reminder for the Youtube special Tom DeLonge expose on NASA”

"Boing, bink"

“Computer, set a wake up alarm in 5 hours, I’m going back to bed…”

edit on 3222018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

link   

I would wake up, prepare my bed for the next night. Dress and make breakfast, eat and use the restroom.

Report for work.

On my time off I would look at the universe too. Tell people back home about it.

My crew mates would be my world in that situation so what ever they are doing is what Im doing.

link   
a reply to: InTheLight

It's a job to be a sales associate for a house building company. It struck me odd that it would even be on there, but I've always loved space so my answer was already picked out before I read the question because I've always dreamed of living on a huge ship or space station in the universe...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I wake up and address the ship

"Computer, ship report."

"Beep, bop, bloop, blorp!"

"Good… Computer, atmospheric report."

"Bleep, Blorp, Boop, Beep!"

"Wheres my shoe…. ah! Computer, check ATS messages."

"Bleep, Bop, bing, bonk."

“Awesome! Computer, set a reminder for the Youtube special Tom DeLonge expose on NASA”

"Boing, bink"

“Computer, set a wake up alarm in 5 hours, I’m going back to bed…”

Let's hope the computer's name is not HAL.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It's a job to be a sales associate for a house building company. It struck me odd that it would even be on there, but I've always loved space so my answer was already picked out before I read the question because I've always dreamed of living on a huge ship or space station in the universe...

I once answered those types of questions for a job and they did not hire me because they said "I was overqualified" and the results indicated that I should be a lawyer.

Perhaps your questions were based on - does this candidate think outside the box (or planet)?
edit on 13CDT10America/Chicago016101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Every morning would be saturnday, you would not have to work.

I wonder if the person writing those questions is actually sane?

Awe man... Saturnday... Fantastic! I wish I would have thought of that...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Given the following assumptions:

a) Some idiot had given the go for this mission without having created a method of simulating Earth standard gravity aboard the station

b) No proper on board hydroponics system was allowed for either

c) The craft has none of the mod cons which are also missing from the ISS for example

... my day would probably start like this:

5.00am, ships time (based on Earth standard when we left), wake up. Consume liquid refreshment from some sort of pouch or tube, designed in such a way as to prevent fluid leaking off into systems and the like. Consume ration of nutrient block or paste.

5:30 Spend half an hour in exercise bay to stave off the worst effects of low G living with precisely designed movements and specially fabricated mechanisms on board.

6:10 After a "shower", jump into working attire (one piece jumpsuit like garment), and head to the command area, to receive either daily briefing on what needs doing around the station and what experiments need action, or to give that briefing, depending on my position in the hierarchy.

6:30 Begin work on whatever elements of the station need maintenance or repair, or apply myself to whatever scientific endeavours are afoot on board, or supervise all these elements from the command area, again, depending on my role within the hierarchy on board.

That is my answer to the first question.

My answer to the second is as follows.

First of all, if humans could fly they would use automobiles, trains and planes a damned sight less. This would cause changes in the usefulness of oil as a means of producing locomotion of some sort, meaning that currencies relying on oil as a marker for their value, would have problems, or have to rapidly shift to some other commodity as the basis for the worth of their currency.

Buildings would get taller, and Penthouse suites would be less desirable, offering as they would in such a scenario, far less privacy than is currently the case, even considering their private elevator access. Pavement level premises would be less important for businesses, since the vertical axis being so much more accessible would even out any preference for ground level environs in which to operate, except for businesses of a certain age, whose prestige is bound up in their history, as much as it is on the quality, or lack thereof, of their output. Building design and methodology would also change a great deal, to account for accessibility, or security depending on the purpose of the building, in a way which takes into consideration the ability of people to enter or leave buildings at any other floor than ground.

The human race would mingle more and more than ever before, since nothing whatsoever could stop a person from flying from, for example, England to France, or North Korea to South Korea, or China to Nepal, or the other way around.

It would also give human beings a new perspective, not just on the meaning of their lives and the scale of the world on which they live, but also on the effects of what human beings do. From the sky, things which cannot be understood easily from ground level, would be too apparent to miss. The size of landfill areas, the percentage of a nations landmass which is covered in roads or buildings, the amount of space given over to idiotic things like golf courses, and visible evidence of the damage we do to our environment every day, these things would hit home rather harder, from the birds eye view, than from the ground.

I think people would be less prone to anger, more prone to wonder and contentment, less compressed and experience claustrophobic symptoms associated with crowding a great deal less. I think people would have way more fun.

Many things would remain the same though. People would still love fast food, good movies, great books and technology that works. There would still be callous people, and decent ones, still those who strive for good results, and those who work to bring about darkness, still those who are for the people, and those who prefer their corporate masters. The battles between these forces would still be hell, as is all war, but they would play out in different ways, using different tactics. The line between airforces and ground forces would become so utterly blurred as to be irrelevant. People would still protect their young, desire to possess things and for their children to possess things. People would still need to work, to earn, even if their job roles changed. Society would still exist, but since no lofty perch, nor castle wall could shield a leader from their public anymore, governance would become more responsive to the needs of citizens, than ever before.

The world would still rely on trade to keep its people fed and capable of growing and living healthily, interaction between governments to solve problems would still be necessary, but citizens would lead more of the on the ground action on any given problem, than ever before. Volunteers to offer aid to citizens of other nations during crisis, would no longer have to sign up to an agency or a group, they would just pack a bag and arrive on scene, in their thousands and thousands, with the actual supplies arriving by the normal methods, there to be handed out quickly and efficiently owing to the number who could make it.

But catastrophes will still occur, people will still die, those left behind will still mourn. We would remain as we have been, just with a more complete understanding of where we are, and what our actions create, more able to act to ensure our actions have more positive consequences than negative ones.

Also, a great many more public toilets would have to be built, with blocks going upward vertically. Gravity fed plumbing from rainwater collectors and vapour condensers would be my choice for such a building.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I once answered those types of questions for a job and they did not hire me because they said "I was overqualified" and the results indicated that I should be a lawyer.

Perhaps your questions were based on - does this candidate think outside the box (or planet)?

Well, in brief, I wanted to build a house on my property. The salesman gave me a sheet of grid and a ruler to use for footage. I drew out the plans and returned them and he said he was extremely impressed and asked if I had experience in building or architecture. That was my first time doing that. He said I think outside the box and see things third dimensional when I did a walk-through about what I want after he came to my house to see the layout of the land. Standing there in my current kitchen, he asked me if I'd be interested in a job doing what he does. So I interviewed with his boss the next day, did this assessment test the following Friday, now I will interview with the regional manager, and after that, the owner's son will fly down here to meet with me. I have zero experience in this field but explained to the boss why that's an advantage for them, so we'll see how it goes.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I hope you get it!

Any interview which contains such out of the box questions, must be worth getting! Good luck!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join