It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA we have a problem?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

And how are you going to explain that there was no provision for a parachute on board for the crew compartment? The shuttle had no way for the crew to escape at the time, no matter how many YouTube videos claim it. And not one closeup video showed anything resembling one.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I was living in Florida in 1986 and I saw Challenger explode with my own eyes. Pretty much anyone in central Florida who were looking east that morning did. Trust me, it blew up. If anyone was aboard when it blew up, they are most assuredly dead. Lets say they weren't. Why would you launch a mega buck space shuttle and blow it up? What exactly would the motive be? To do such a thing, you would have to have literally 100s if not thousands of people in on the secret. I don't think that's possible with NASA.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My friends coon dog was chewing on an arm that day.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyTooONE WORD "PARACHUTE". This video was taken by NASA itself.

PARACHUTE

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The shuttle didn't have a parachute. And not one closeup video shows a parachute at any point. The only portion of the STS that had a parachute were the boosters. They recovered one, but had to self destruct the other.
edit on 3/24/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The shuttle didn't have a parachute. And not one closeup video shows a parachute at any point. The only portion of the STS that had a parachute were the boosters. They recovered one, but had to self destruct the other.
How can you testify what was or was not installed on the Challenger? Sure we have the official story, but we also have a NASA technician who clearly, VERY Clearly, uses the word PARACHUTE. Now, unless you were a NASA tech who worked on the shuttle, on that one, with intimate knowledge of that mission and its capabilities, there is no way you would know if there was, or was not, a parachute installed, covertly.

The shuttle didn't have a parachute
This is the opinion of NASA, publicly. There is no way you could know differently. But yet, we have a NASA tech saying he saw a Parachute. That is his opinion, and it took a freedom of information suit to bring it to light.

The public have every right to hear ALL opinions, and facts concerning this event! Let the Jury of the American People, of the world, decide for themselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

"Houston we have a problem" is a Mandela Effect that was proven to have flipped-flipped - should convince the hardest skeptic (but won't)..

And there was someone on here that said that they remembered the Challenger tragedy happening many years later.

..a two-fer!

I too recall it happening in the early 90's .. not 1986.. strange.

I just recall the house we were living in and the television set I watched it on, it could have been a replay? but I remember having the feeling of it being new and 'live' ...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Eh, nvm.
edit on 3/24/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58So, now you see a parachute? I was wondering how long it would be before someone claimed it was the rocket booster.... The problem with that "Point of View" is that it is in the wrong quadrant of the sky to be the rocket booster, and the wrong altitude. My opinion. I already considered that a possibility.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Snopes and a dis information article

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: Zaphod58So, now you see a parachute? I was wondering how long it would be before someone claimed it was the rocket booster.... The problem with that "Point of View" is that it is in the wrong quadrant of the sky to be the rocket booster, and the wrong altitude. My opinion. I already considered that a possibility.

On what basis do you claim it is in 'the wrong quadrant'?

Here's a montage I made from that video - the red circle identifies the booster parachute.

I see no inconsistency with the path of the booster rockets after the explosion and the location of that parachute.

You seem very keen to draw some deeper (and mistaken) significance from the existence of something known from the mouth of a NASA technician, but less happy to pay attention to NASA personnel who scooped body parts into bags with their hands.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
that YT video in the OP comes from a Macedonian site that specializes in bashing anything pertaining to western societies or culture.....geez....no videos from the Kremlin?? maybe Putin can get his own "thread" on ATS...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Pretty much.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Michael J Smith " the same horizontal eyebrows" I'd hope so I wouldnt like to see humans with vertical eyebrows

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's why you have investigations. It was initially assumed they died instantly. It wasn't until they recovered their bodies and the crew cabin that they found they survived until impact. I haven't seen an accident investigation yet where the final report completely agreed with the initial facts.

I Agree Zaph, they also know that they activated the emergency oxygen masks (PEEPS) after the initial explosion, which is the reason why they know they survived the initial blast. This system can only be activated manually from within the shuttle by the astronauts by hand and there is no feasible way that they could have done this remotely. Which is one of the many glaring holes in the OP video theory.

I am not going to poo-poo the "idea" that the OP put forward, as its interesting take on the Challenger accident but it seems highly unlikely considering everything else that we know.

As far as look-alikes are concerned, there is a guy that lives a few miles away from me that people have mistaken for me and I have actually met the guy myself as well, he was a good looking chap lol. It was quite weird I can tell you, it was like looking in a mirror and we could have been brothers / related, but we aren't. Considering the amount of people in the world that there are, statistically there will be many doppelgangers out there of everyone,... even me!
edit on 26-3-2018 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Well its funny how a couple of them say that they were Twins. But their birth records don't seem to acknowledge this.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

My wife came within about two feet of going up to a guy at the Walmart she worked at 7 or 8 years ago and asking him why I was off work already. She said he looked exactly like me, but without glasses.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: sapien82

Well its funny how a couple of them say that they were Twins. But their birth records don't seem to acknowledge this.

Which two? Who says it, and where?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join