It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin bombing suspect identified as Mark Anthony Conditt of Pflugerville

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The suspect in the Austin bombings was Mark Anthony Conditt, a 24-year-old white man from Pflugerville, Texas, according to law enforcement officials who spoke to NBC News.Neighbors expressed shock that Conditt, who was homeschooled, was the bomber.

“I know this is a cliché but I just can’t imagine that,” one neighbor, whose children grew up playing with Conditt, told the Austin Statesman.

The local newspaper also reported that Conditt had received a degree from Austin Community College’s Northridge Campus.He had worked at Crux Semiconductor and as a computer repair technician.

Police were able to identify Conditt with help from video footage and witness accounts. Officials are unsure of his motive.

Austin bombing suspect identified as Mark Anthony Conditt of Pflugerville

It sure did not take them very long to identify the bombing suspect! I would have thought that any computer repair technician that was familiar with current technology, would have taken care to cover his tracks if he did not want to be caught. It has been stated that a Federal Search Warrant was issued to obtain his IP address, and that the suspect's internet search history raised red flags.

SOURCE Federal search warrants were then used to get the man's IP address, which showed that he'd been making "suspicious" Google searches, Plohetski said.

So, was he careless? Was he stupid?

Or, does the FBI have resources available that were able to penetrate any safeguards that were in place?

Or, is he a patsy?
edit on 3212018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 3212018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I would have thought that any computer repair technician that was familiar with current technology, would have taken care to cover his tracks if he did not want to be caught. So, was he careless?

I believe he was caught on camera taking two boxes in to the Fed Ex facility that was bombed. Kind of hard to cover that up.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Insiders told CNN he "wanted to cause death and mayhem"

Should have just offed himself instead... RIP to the victims.

It sounds like he was acting alone (?)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Or, does the FBI have resources available that were able to penetrate any safeguards that were in place?

Is that a serious question? Really?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Everywhere I look comments sections are filled with blaming this on "white christian terrorism". Do they know something nobody else does? Was he killing for Christianity or for racist reasons? Weren't some of his victims white?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think it is high time to ban bombs! /sarc off....

Seriously, we need to find a way to better see when someone is teetering on the edge and help them.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

It appears from a facebook post by his mom that they were heavy duty Christians. He was homeschooled, and she mentions after he “graduated” high school, that he might take some time off and do a mission trip. Just speculation at this point...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

They're probably shills or bots. Ignore them.
edit on 21-3-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

At this point, I believe all questions are valid and worth exploring. Yes, I realize that intelligence agencies have sophisticated computer forensic tools at their disposal. Some we know about, others we can only guess at. My personal suspicion is that they didn't have to break out their big guns to sniff out the alleged bomber, but I would be interested to find out what methods were used.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

It appears from a facebook post by his mom that they were heavy duty Christians. He was homeschooled, and she mentions after he “graduated” high school, that he might take some time off and do a mission trip. Just speculation at this point...

You can't be a "heavy-duty" Christian and bomb people. Just saying...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

They also used geotracking to pinpoint his location. They tracked his footprints from his cell activity.

edit on 21-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Religious bombings are VERY VERY commonplace in some places.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was in Pflugerville a couple of months ago. It's about 30+ minutes from Austin.

When they try to politicize this, Austin is a liberal city. I stopped in the best buy and they check-out girl said, thanks and buy. i was like, can i have a bag? She was like, we don't really have bags. She said Austin is a bag free city. When i expressed shock, she replied that she was from another part of Texas and was amazed about the lack of plastic bags too.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Yeah in the middle east.

As the topic goes.

Officials are unsure of his motive.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

White Christians are evil, you don't want to be associated with them, So vote Democrat or you are just as bad.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Well, there’s no evidence that his parents were bombing anybody, so yeah, they could still be heavy duty Christians. Obviously he wasn’t following true Christian tenets.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
That guy walking into ups with the packages, looks like a white haired geezer not a kid.
edit on 21-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You also conveniently left out he was probably a registered Democrat. Not if it matters but please be accurate if you want to blame a whole group. He was a pos end of story. Blame th emedia for glorifying mass murderers because he was inspired by the Zodiac KIller.

His social media presence has been scrubbed really quickly btw.
edit on 21-3-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Stop before you hurt yourself or someone else.
I simply do not understand the term "heavy duty christian". Describe if you can what works of faith in grace have been commited where we identify these acts done by faith in grace.

And for the record, Yah hates religion too

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah in the middle east.

As the topic goes.

Officials are unsure of his motive.

Well maybe someday we can be as enlightened as the fine humans that inhabit that lovely area of the globe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join