It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haley blames Russia for poisoning ex-spy in UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: gortex

Why is the US getting involved with an internal Russia matter? We always complain that they interfere with us and tell them to lay off.

I work in Salisbury and Russia used a nerve agent here, we are allies we are supposed to back each other

Look at what the UK did after the twin towers, we joined you in Afghanistan

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just wouldn't be smart for Russia using something that points at them!

I mean that means you just a really really bad assassin for real and just want to be in jail basically

But anyways just more bad news, things just get more dangerous by each day, N-Korea has cooled down, the Russia thing just gets boiling and boiling... which is way more dangerous then some Kim guy.

Just be in Russia's shoes, US, EU all being pretty hostile, getting blamed for anything, Russia can't do anything good and their military isn't that well funded (like 70 billions/year), the US like 700 billion? then the whole of the EU (something like 170 billion), they only have nukes really for making a real difference.
Well Putin could be 'crazy' enough..

Putin loves Russia so much, really he would do anything for Russia.

And of course the situation in Syria, since the day Russia helped Syria it seemed they just where a problem for those having a agenda in the ME and now since Assad is almost winning with the help of Russia and getting really close at succeeding.. big change the US will try to make a big change...
Russia already said they would attack the US army in Syria (could be bluffing of course) when the US takes action as said by Haley just recently that the US is considering that option since they accuse Assad (again) for using chemical weapons..

anyways where it's gonna end?
Already looks more dangerous then the cold war IMO.
edit on 14-3-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Saying that however, I really don't think the UK Gov would make such a serious accusation without being confident that they were correct.

You went to war in Iraq on forged evidence. My confidence is much lower than yours.
Besides: don't forget Ukraine, solo acting agents with an open bill...
If you start WW3 over this you better make sure it wasn't a jealous lover of his daughter.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

FFS we won’t start ww3 over this with America by our side

Russia has nuclear weapons

Also stop believing St Petersburg propaganda

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Saying that however, I really don't think the UK Gov would make such a serious accusation without being confident that they were correct.

You went to war in Iraq on forged evidence. My confidence is much lower than yours.
Besides: don't forget Ukraine, solo acting agents with an open bill...
If you start WW3 over this you better make sure it wasn't a jealous lover of his daughter.

True Iraq serves as a cautionary tale when it comes to events such as this but we are not talking about war

To be very clear.

I am not saying this was Russia I am saying that right now they are the most likely suspects.

I never believed that there were WMDs in Iraq, hell I was protesting on the streets against that war in Glasgow before the war.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I believe St Petersburg propaganda? Because I point out that you can't prove # in this case?

Mhm-kay.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I believe St Petersburg propaganda? Because I point out that you can't prove # in this case?

Mhm-kay.

So what actual proof do you want?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If that family of nerve agents cant be created outside of Russia then ok. If it can, bite me with more Russian wolves.

EDIT TO ADD:
have our intelligence communities learned the technical details of this nerve agent to the degree of being able to replicate it themselves?

Lets not deny the possibility.

More:

Has any gone "missing" in the last 10 years or so?

edit on 3 14 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I posted this on another thread.

There are some strange aspects to this. For instance, with The World Cup in Russia coming up in a few months, Russia is going to be the centre of world attention. Why risk the negative publicity beforehand ?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

RT even rubbed it in the next dasy so obviously the Russians did it.
My problem is they went after not just the spy but they effected our public.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Its interesting how just about everyone other than the Russians believe Russia was behind it. I of course do not expect them to even admit to it but if (or when ) it is proven that they done it then there should be some harsh punishment facing Russia.

the problem with these things is always...you're never ever gonna see that proof. You're just gonna have to take someone's word on it.

And I have trust issues.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think this whole thing has been done as a show of force.

Its just sending a message saying Russia can strike at anyone, anywhere in the world.

They know that we know it was them, they know everyone knows this yet deny it but still the message of strength is conveyed.

They should never have been awarded the World Cup, the whole vote was corrupt.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I also don't think it will escalate further.

And Russia has its reputation not for nothing.

The proof I want is data, phone, conversations, identity of the agent who did it.
edit on 14-3-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Its interesting how just about everyone other than the Russians believe Russia was behind it. I of course do not expect them to even admit to it but if (or when ) it is proven that they done it then there should be some harsh punishment facing Russia.

And I have trust issues.

I also have massive Trust issues, particularly when it comes to the Russian government.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I don't either maybe some more sanctions along the line but I can not see war breaking out because of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

And I have trust issues.

I also have massive Trust issues, particularly when it comes to the Russian government.

I know...it's because you're the good guys.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The proof I want is data, phone, conversations, identity of the agent who did it.

Well under UK law any specifics like that are only fully released during the court case and this is a ongoing criminal investigation being handled by SO15 they are not going to compromise the integrity of that case just to satisfy your curiosity.

I dont think Igor or Lugovoi are still in the UK anyway....
edit on 14-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Ok, well I have those with mostly the US and the EU following the US with foreign affairs.

The US started these wars in the ME for no good reason, millions of people death since then, many country's still in chaos and destroyed since then, the war against terror taking way longer then WW2 and still no end in sight!

But yea some assassin, well that's really really bad, you don't think assassins happening by our governments? (but mostly in secret, without evidence of course, when you do it, do it good!). Better if you really good make some country just look bad, and isn't that on some country's agenda right now!?

Just kill someone and make it look it was Russia, way smarter then Russia using something that would just point the finger at Russia for sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Or the person went back to his day job and no one will ever know.

And it's not my curiousity how do you people organise manhunts if you never release anything about the suspect?
Do you have face recognition on your cctv? Isn't the technology you use a bit too old for that?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Mind you we are going to see trouble at the world cup and you can bet our supporters will be targeted.
If some die over there It may escalate things.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join