It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China States J-20 is an air supremacy fighter, variants planned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

That's almost 60 years ago tech.

Here. Try this.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha
Panther P*ss

Sr71 Heat Stealth
It all starts from an engineering need

Throw large amounts of money towards something and it will work..
I agree Anzha the field has grown so much in regard to Sciences now anythings possible.Thats with the 50 year rule of thumb.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I wouldn't say anything is possible. I would say new and exciting things are.

OTOH, the complacency I keep seeing here and in the Pentagon is beyond alarming.

When you start believing your own myths, instead of creating them, that's when you get your ass kicked.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Bureaucracy is killing things again..They had that in the F117 manufacturing days.Before that manufacturers knew what they were doing before everyone else was second guessing them and holding them responsible for every stage of development..Today its all about streamlining and squeezing every last cent out of a budget.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I remember when I studied wavelet transforms, cepstrum, Time–Frequency Representations, homomorphic deconvolutions... In the end I wasn’t the biggest fan of Laplace, Fourier, Shannon and the rest of the gang!

Very useful tools tho.
edit on 16-3-2018 by robi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: robi1000

Try an 18 billion point FFT. ugh.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If we’ve got all these “Super Secret Black Aircraft” out there, WTH don’t we use them instead of hiding them like a squirrel with nuts? Not using capabilities against a near peer nation like China or Russia or even North Korea is treasonous in my opinion if it could cost American Lives.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: johnthejedi24

Because the black world produces aircraft in small numbers. Generally not enough to make a difference. The F-117 was one of the biggest black world projects, and produced all of 60 aircraft. Usually when you hear rumors of a black project, you're talking about less than 20 aircraft on average.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I get what you mean now that I think about it. 95% of the classified aircraft I’ve read and heard about are niche platforms like ISR, strategic reconnaissance, targeting and special ops insertion, only really offensive ones I’ve heard about were the whole YF-24 fiasco and a possible stealthy strike replacement for the F-111.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The F117 was a step far forward of everything that has come before hence why the amount of money thrown at it.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger

The F117 was a step far forward of everything that has come before hence why the amount of money thrown at it.

If you look at the F-117, it was a design emphasizing stealth. In any project, you have a number of parameters to optimize. Usually you weight the metrics to determine a score that you optimize.

The F-117 is sub Mach, so how far forward was it?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The Sr71 had the stealth of about a Crow ...F117 had the stealth of a 5/16" ball bearing and was undetectable to even the USA,s top Radar systems..Mach numbers mean nothing when a plane can drop a laser guided bomb through a window without your top missile systems knowing its even there.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Blackfinger because: added

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
The Sr71 had the stealth of about a Crow ...F117 had the stealth of a 5/16" ball bearing and was undetectable to even the USA,s top Radar systems..Mach numbers mean nothing when a plane can drop a laser guided bomb through a window without your top missile systems knowing its even there.

You missed my point completely. I will leave it at that since I think I made my point clearly.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The F-117 is sub Mach, so how far forward was it?

I was answering your question..Damn is it me or is this forum full of anger at the moment?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

*red faced fist shaking*

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You damn kids! Get off my lawn!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join