It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Cain never sinned.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Let's examine this properly.

Well, Cain would not have killed Abel if god would have accepted his offering of veggies, but god wanted meat.

Vegans will go to hell.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

No, one was offering an acceptable sacrifice that covered the sin of the giver. And the the other was product of the work of a man, which is not a covering for his sin but an exalting of his own good works.

Man's good works are not acceptable to God as a means to attaining his favor or blessing. But had he offered it up with the animal sacrifice first that blood covers the sin of a man, then the veggies would be accepted of him.

That is why the blood of Christ for the offering of our sin is the only sacrifice that is acceptable to God for any man, woman and child to have is favor and blessing.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

originally posted by: rickymouse
Let's examine this properly.

Well, Cain would not have killed Abel if god would have accepted his offering of veggies, but god wanted meat.

Vegans will go to hell.

That is what I say when they try to push their vegan ways on me. I tell them they can go to hell.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I am very sorry every one I pasted the wrong title on this thread it should have Read

What is Adam had never sinned

thanks to those who pointed it out. Yes that would make it a lot less clear. This is about Adam and Eve not sinning.

I am only human and am still prone to mistakes.

If you do not know you are doing something wrong, it is not really a sin. You have to be aware that you are not supposed to do something, if nobody told you than it is not a sin. The word sinner basically means someone who did not do what they were told by someone who had authority over them. I actually looked at how the Hebrews interpret the meaning of sin.

Adam became a sinner because he defied gods instructions with guidance from one of gods gambling partners. They were betting on "Lot"....I wonder what they used for money when they wagered? I wonder if the word Lottery actually has anything to do with the story of Lot in the bible?
edit on 12-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The Lot was just a dice type piece or a two sided like a coin, with equal odd and even marks. The ancients used to use it and where it falls the people would accept it as Gods will. It is a gamble but one like God could make it fall his way every time, but he would let it go and let man suffer for the fall of the lot. That is because men would put their hope in the Lot and not in the LORD. Lottery is gambling and the lot was a type of gambling.

There are many views on what is and constitutes a sin. It's basically anything that offends God, His Laws and His Character. That is simplification of it anyway.

God had in the law he gave to Israel, a sacrifice that covered unintentional sin. In other words, something they did not know was wrong. I am sure God has the same application for those who were and are not his people in the land.

Lot's wife along with Lot and his daughters were told not to look back so when she did she gambled with he life, and of course it led to her being turned into a pillar of salt. The whole area of the southern Dead Sea is highly salt and it turned the whole lake into salt and cut off the original lakes river-way which would have drained into the either the Red sea or the into the Mediterranean sea.

Prior to the destruction of the four cities that included Sodom and Gomorrah, the lake was not recorded as being salty.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

2 Peter 3:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Why does everybody miss that?

** I like the gods plan thing. Sounds legit. It's not about if we were going to heaven, it's how. Its not about the destination, it's about the journey.
edit on 13-3-2018 by SatansPride because: **

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

I don’t think that means that one day literally means 1000 exact years, more that god is timeless so a day or a thousand years, it doesn’t matter it is all the same thing.

edit on 13-3-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse They were betting on "Lot"....I wonder what they used for money when they wagered? I wonder if the word Lottery actually has anything to do with the story of Lot in the bible?

There is one place the lot was used they gambled for something using the lot and it was prophesied before it took place. First the guards divided the garments of Jesus Christ, but because the coat which was of one piece, it was seamless so they could not divide it they cast lot for it. Not one wager of the local currency was in the lot they rolled and ruled out each person until the last one got the whole garment.

Ps 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
Mt 27:35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.
Mr 15:24 And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments, casting lots upon them, what every man should take.
Lu 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
Joh 19:23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.
24 They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.

As far as for Lottery, it had nothing to do with the man, Lot. But with the chance of the falling of the lot sort of a dice game. the Lottery is the use of odd and even numbers supposedly randomly picked and if matched there is a winner or two or three. The "Lot: was the use of odd and even number sided cube, like a dice. Some had two colors on each of its six sides instead of numbers. This was the Roman lot was called a sortes.

The Jews had what was called a Dreidel in German Yiddish and the Sevivon in modern Hebrew, later used in a game played at Hanukkah. Anyway not to digress, there is proof that this Dreidel was used as the lot by Jews. It had four sides and when spun had an equal chance of falling on either the Shim and Gimel as it would on either the Hey and Nun. It is believed that the Dreidel was used by the Apostles to cast lot for the replacement of Judas Iscariot, which in their day may not have been used as a memory game as it is today but a gambling tool.

edit on 25-3-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join