It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for sanctions against South Africa?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Now we,living in present day South Africa,as whites,we are being slowly but surely exterminated.

Why should they 'like' you? "White" Europeans moved into Africa in 1600's, been murdering, slaving, exploiting and wrecking the place ever since.

Take off those thick blinders. Or move.
edit on 12-3-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What stupid logic makes her responsible for what people 400 years ago did?
They are born there, they grew up there, they deserve as much as everybody else to live and be there in peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Let me guess, you guys aren't allowed to own guns?

Private ownership was banned in 1985. Still want the 2nd amendment banned here liberals?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl

Let me guess, you guys aren't allowed to own guns?

Private ownership was banned in 1985. Still want the 2nd amendment banned here liberals?

This is incorrect. I lived in S.A all through the 90s and private gun ownership was allowed throughout.

I think its changed now though.
edit on 12-3-2018 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

They are born there, they grew up there, they deserve as much as everybody else to live and be there in peace.

Nothings changed. Africa is as exploited today as it always has been, since the 1600s. Asking , how come Africa is so resource rich yet remains one of the poorest continents? Because it is kept divided by the same Colonial exploitation of nation resources by foreign interests.

And people go huh, why do they hate us so?

Ignorant or willfully misleading others.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Nothings changed. Africa is as exploited today as it always has been, since the 1600s. Asking , how come Africa is so resource rich yet remains one of the poorest continents? Because it is kept divided by the same Colonial exploitation of nation resources by foreign interests.

The gov ran by almost exclusively black countrymen soooooo.....spin it however you like but it's their governing that is driving it into the dirt.....not to mention now calling to kill whitey and take his land
edit on 3/12/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

And it was the white people in south Africa who did that?
Leap and lift off.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

The gov ran by almost exclusively black countrymen soooooo.....spin it however you like but it's their governing that is driving it into the dirt.....not to mention now calling to kill whitey and take his land

You spin all you want about puppet gubments, International Corporations run the country, like most everywhere else. The vast wealth from Natural Resources, in SA case, Debeers diamonds and Gold Mining conglomerates, doesn't wind up in the hands of the "Black South Africans". Thats just two examples from one country in Africa.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Leap and lift off.

Yah, poor white peeple. They should do just that.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Leap and lift off.

Thats a bit racist dont you think? So you dont care that the gov there is putting targets on their back and now saying its ok to take their land away, thats been in their families , the majority , since before the US was a country?

We all know you like to pretend youre the smartest person here on ATS, but even this viewpoint for you is a bit "over" hateful.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well I am praying for all those involved and i know most have a job to do regardless of feelings.

Hang in there everybody cause as the op has stated the people are needed right now for their knowledge and i do not see that changing anytime soon. The land on the other hand is not protected in any way for whites down there.

It is clear that the usa is not concerned with any meaningful help and we really can not go around forcing countries to bend to our will.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Leap and lift off.

Actually...South africa didnt have a huge population of Africans. Read the history of the place. Alot of people other than whites lived there in the past. the so called"native" africans desendents arent even from the area Originally.

Oh and here we go about Slavery again. Yeah without the Tribes catching them there would not had been a slave trade. The raiding party of slavers is almost non existent in reality in Africa. At least the White/arabs one.
It was too dangerous for them to do so without Tribal permission.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I find these actions appalling, of course, but also appalling is the lack of outrage from many people. I have actually argued with someone who thinks the land grabs currently happening are "fine" because it's "karma", even while admitting that killing is wrong. Still get the idea he sort of thinks it isn't, in this case.

Of all of the places in the world, I'd have no issues accepting refugees from South Africa, who are being targeted for their (white) skin color.

Why it's wrong to discriminate against one race, but not another, I cannot fathom. Plus, what is happening now, to whites, was not happening to blacks.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Thats a bit racist don't you think?

OP made it about race:

Now we,living in present day South Africa, as whites, we are being slowly but surely exterminated.

Noted, they have since been banned.

I prefer the term European Colonialism anyway. Black vs. White is divisive, on purpose. It covers up the reality of Exploitation of Africa by the West for resources and territory.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I am a white South African male.
As with anything in life things can get blown out of proportion. I'm not saying the OP was making up stories, some of those horrors are very very real, but they are not a "everyday on my doorstep" occurrence for most either....Yet.
Would I allow my wife and child to walk on the beach alone at night, or even during the day for that matter..... never,but we do not live in constant fear either. We just need to be more careful and aware than those in more stable countries. I know that is not right, not good and certainly not an ideal way of life, but it is our reality as South Africans.
I myself have been a victim of armed robbery, luckily I was not hurt, many others are not that lucky.

The reality as I see it ( notice the "I") is that ever since we became a so called democracy there has been a slow, but steady decline in virtually every area. Our currency is worth nothing, leaving is thus not as easy as it sounds to some, a new life in a new land cost money after all. Our value added tax has just been increased, thus less money in pocket, less chance to leave. Many of our utility items such as electricity, water etc etc departments are run by people who are not really qualified to do the job which results in a break down of equipment and thus supply.
Our country has, apart for what gets shown to tourists, a very run down and neglected feel about it.

The level of education is not what it should be, this in its own could take up an entire post, but basically the requirements to pass a grade has become so low that some finish school without being able to properly read. And because of policies such as BEE an EE these people end up in the above mentioned positions of importance,question these actions and you get labeled a racist. And of course we can not forget that an uneducated populace does not know when they are being lied to after all.

The whole issue of land being taken away from people is a very real issue for us, more so for those in agricultural areas.
If this happens, we will not be like Zimbabwe, but in my opinion worse. We are not being slaughtered wholesale like some make it sound, BUT the threat that it could happen is always lingering in the back of our minds.

We, and by this I mean men like me, white and Afrikaans (a local language) have to think very carefully about everything we say to those of other races, less we somehow offend them and thus get labeled some or other term. We have to be so PC that it is sickening. Whilst at the same time they can call me whatever they wish and I must smile because it's just a "nickname" such as "boer" meaning farmer, used in a negative sense toward white men in South Africa.

Everything just seems to be slowly collapsing up to a point where nothing functions as it should, and all of this gets blamed on apartheid, never mind that it ended 20 plus years ago, never mind that post apartheid projects fails, never mind that current leaders are corrupt and stealing millions from the people, never mind all of that... it is all apartheid's fault.

In my opinion there is a difference between racism and realism (if that's even a word). It is time we stop being politically correct and start being morally correct. Things worked, now they don't... that is reality.

You know what...I started this response with a clear idea of what I wanted to convey, but here I sit, depressed by my thoughts completely of topic and not able to put into words adequately what I wanted. Sorry if I wasted your time, sorry if this does not make sense.

As a closing thought I will just say this ...South Africa as it stands now is doomed to destroy itself unless it changes quickly.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I was on you tube and found this.

Also heard there is a petition for the AUS government to give all white south africans visas to settle over there.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dmvr34

As a closing thought I will just say this ...South Africa as it stands now is doomed to destroy itself unless it changes quickly.

I think much depends on where in SA you live. Those who live in secure gated communities won't see things the same as those who cannot afford private security or who live in vulnerable areas. My perception as an outsider is that certain provinces tend to be flashpoints more than others so where you live may have much to do with how you feel. Most of the world will never understand the dynamic and history of SA which doesn't fit the typical colonial pattern of exploitation. Nor will they understand that there is no solidarity among whites as British and Dutch influences put them at odds with each other as much as any tribal group. To make matters further confusing you have groups of mixed race who don't fit in with Whites or Blacks yet were still treated like them under Apartheid.

South Africans have done the best they could to try to reconcile all the various group interests at play post-Apartheid. Knowing full well that things would not function as well as they once did they still gave it up willingly because they knew that it was morally wrong. Only the AB seemed to be dealing with facts which no one wanted to hear and now that most of their fears have come true no one will admit that either. The dissolution of the Soviet Union led to thinking that the communist elements of the ANC would no longer pose a danger.

In the situation that is SA it is easy to see how anyone could find themselves pessimistic and ready to throw in the towel on politics which never seem to improve anything. If SA does turn things around the world will beat a path to your door and ask "tell us how you did it?".

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I am a non white South African living in South Affica.
There is no genocide happening. South Africa is a very violent place to live, murder, rape, armed robberies are all very high. White people in RSA claim tbe blacks are racist and vice versa, in reality both are racist. Go look on FB groups how these people still call black people monkeys, blacks still got it inn for the whites for what they did during apartheid. People say we are an example to the world in terms of forgiveness but on the ground the hatred is still there on both sides. Whites think are superior, blacks got this idea that its there turn to rule now, they are the majority, whites a minority. Most whites still have the mentality that a black cant think, work and is generaly corrupt. Blacks just want to make the whites lives as miserable as possible. Farm killings are a reality, but no genocide as claimed. The whites created this problem, treated the blacks like doggs for years, i guess karma is a b1tch.
The situation is tense, its not the government calling for land grabs but another polital party(EFF). The EFF got tbe capability to grab lands and farms but we not at that point in time.
I condemm farm attacks or any crime for that matter.
Another point i want to add is that the government said they want unused land to use....no one is going to lose their homes or farms as claimed.

Ps. English not my 1st language.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Those are all valid points to some extent, however where you live ie. gated/ secure community versus less secure will mean nothing once agriculture collapses. Well not unless you can eat your security cameras

If power stations fail, your fancy gates and alarms wont work either. Yes those people are more shielded, but only superficially.

You are correct that there are division between the English (British) and Afrikaans (Dutch) communities, we love poking fun at each other and we had our ugly wars in days gone by, but when it comes to the issues that are currently happening here we are pretty much united in our dislike of it. At the moment any ethnicity other than white is seen as black, I mean this in terms of BEE policy and such, so they, the mixed races you mentioned, do benefit from post apartheid "freedom".

It is difficult to explain, but there seems to be a lack of will or ambition to better themselves from some groups. They seem to "enjoy" being able to blame something that no longer exist for their problems instead of trying to fix them.
Yes apartheid was a terrible part of history, but so was the American civil war, the holocaust etc etc, however those countries are some of the strongest nations around, because they chose to put on their big boy pants and got to work. That is not happening here.

I really do hope your final statements become truth, it would be amazing to live in this country as a unified nation, but alas I do not see that as reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join