It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone got a spare hundred boxes of Levis before the SHTF...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Levis are so 1980?

Try 1880's.

Designer won't last over 150 years.
edit on 9-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Harley prices going up, you say? That's just pooped on my mid life crisis plans.

Oh well, Triumph it is then.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I'd go a trumpy over a harley any day of the week.

Grew up on that thing. harleys are the new fancy boots for yuppies.

Go the trumpy !!!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I know. I just didn't want to upset our Yank friends. Oh sod it. Harleys are pants. There, I've said it.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Ahhh no worries mate !

a few before the breakfast few is fine by me !

now where's me fackin boonie hat , so I can go do some skitz #

harleys are only good for america where the roads are straight

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

yeh , I recall my mum saying she had the same pair of levi jeans she shrunk fit in the 70's in the bath tub ,when I was born in 82 she had them and right up until I was 18 or 19

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The same goes for their cars, too.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I say that those countries should clean up their muslim messes before any tariffs be lifted.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

And hey Europe, if you want to fight back in that trade war instead of shooting blank rounds, don´t talk about Levis, Harley and Bourbon Whiskey. Think about Google, Amazon, Apple and Co, those tax dodgers! That is the market that is huge and important for the "U"S here!

Funny you should say that as they are also on the list :

Bruno Le Maire, France's minister for the economy, has revealed that a plan to levy a special tax on Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon will soon be revealed by European authorities.

Le Maire told French newspaper Le Journal du Dimanche "A European directive will be unveiled in the coming weeks, the minister reveals, and it will mark a considerable step forward."

The minister told the paper that a tax of between two and six per cent has been considered, with the proposal to be "closer to two than six."

Link : www.theregister.co.uk...

And this :

The EU is pushing ahead with plans to rewrite tax rules for technology companies, aimed at increasing governments’ take from the likes of Google, Facebook and Amazon.

The European commission is looking at ways to capture tax from companies that may have no offices, shops or other physical presence in a country, but are accruing profits through large numbers of online users or customers.

A report published by the commission on Thursday said technology companies paid less than half the tax of bricks-and-mortar businesses.

A digital business with international operations typically pays a 10.1% tax rate in the EU, compared with a 23.2% rate levied on traditional companies, said the report.

In reality, many technology companies pay far less than their high street rivals. Amazon’s corporation tax bill in the UK is 11 times smaller than that of British bookstores, a recent study found. In Ireland, the European commission concluded that Apple paid 0.005% to Irish tax authorities in 2014, far below the corporation tax rate of 12.5%. Apple continues to fight the ruling.

Link : www.theguardian.com...

About time those robbing sods got their breeches pulled up!

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

We have the 47% volume stuff 94 proof I think I love it. Best drink there is.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I know. I just didn't want to upset our Yank friends. Oh sod it. Harleys are pants. There, I've said it.

A man's bike is like his woman, never touch her or tell him she is ugly.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Even looking at another chap's bird can cause things to kick off in many parts round here.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Oh well... Never mind...

I tried to write a serious thread and it went down the drain very quickly.

Better luck next time I guess!?

Have a great weekend to you all anyway.

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

people are so touchy , that male ego kicking in , OH NO DONT STEAL MA BIRD WITH YOUR EYES!

I couldnt care less if someone looked at my fiance' she is worthwhile to look at so I can see why others would want to!

I've never really understood jealousy , If you love someone then you shouldnt really care about other people's lingering glances
however a chancer in the pub openly flirting with your fiance' in front of you , well that is another story !

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I hope this happens in the UK there are so many corporations that are getting off with so much tax avoidance its unreal!
but as soon as the government threatens them they economically black mail us by saying they will remove their business from the UK or reduce it .

It's a total joke and its about time that the government started pulling their weight and pushing the corporations around
and making them pay their way
rather than letting the citizens pay the bill !

tax avoidance by mega corporations is currently the biggest loss of money in the UK im sure

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
People are acting as if there are not already tariffs in place. There are and have been for a long time. Harley 's were mentioned, they are under a 100% tariff in India. The US poultry industries face a 350% tariff in China.

The US places a 100% tariff on cheese and truffles so it's not a one way street, vegetables are tariff as well as a bunch of other products. The trade war is as long as the Cold War was and will continue. We forget that many US companies move over seas in search of cheaper labor and then lobby very hard to keep tariffs on their products low so they can import them back into the US and make bigger profits.

This is another way for the Donald to get something he wants from someone like say China. I would not be surprised if he told China to get NK to the table or we will tariff your exports to the point you have to import them from the US in order to survive. We will see how it plays out but individual deals are already on the table so they can take a seat and try a hand of Art of the Deal
edit on 3/9/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
People are acting as if there are not already tariffs in place. There are and have been for a long time. Harley 's were mentioned, they are under a 100% tariff in India. The US poultry industries face a 350% tariff in China.

The US places a 100% tariff on cheese and truffles so it's not a one way street, vegetables are tariff as well as a bunch of other products. The trade war is as long as the Cold War was and will continue. We forget that many US companies move over seas in search of cheaper labor and then lobby very hard to keep tariffs on their products low so they can import them back into the US and make bigger profits.

This is another way for the Donald to get something he wants from someone like say China. I would not be surprised if he told China to get NO to the table or we will tariff your exports to the point you have to import them from the US in order to survive. We will see how it plays out but individual deals are already on the table so they can take a seat and try a hand of Art of the Deal

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

speaking of shipping work overseas

do you know Scottish langoustines are are fished and caught in Scotland , then put on a ship and sailed half way around the world to thailand or malaysia and then prepared and frozen and shipped back to european markets !

All that waste of energy just for cheaper labour its ridiculous

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Anyone with a sense of history knows economic isolationism never works.

But hey, our PoTUS doesn't know much about that.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We're already hoarding all the Good bourbon.

a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: DJMSN

speaking of shipping work overseas

do you know Scottish langoustines are are fished and caught in Scotland , then put on a ship and sailed half way around the world to thailand or malaysia and then prepared and frozen and shipped back to european markets !

All that waste of energy just for cheaper labour its ridiculous

It costs around $8000 to ship a 40-ton container around anywhere. With that 40 tonnes, you can easily have 100,000 processed items. Now divide that $/8000 by 100,000 units and you get 8 cents/overhead. That's trivial but is well worth considering if your cost of processing is between $15 hour minimum wage in the UK and $5 hour in a country with a 3x lower cost of living. Workers still have the same standard of living.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join