It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone got a spare hundred boxes of Levis before the SHTF...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
All Trump has to do to win a global trade war is to threaten to default on the national debt held by foreign nations. I guarantee that will bring China into line.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I thought you were already standing up for yourselves having military bases in nearly every country on earth?

the military thing aside as its not relevant and was just a joke

the thing about trade is , its all just for greed , we are believing in this illusion that if our economies do well , we will do well , but that only works if you are the CEO or major investor in a multi national conglomerate or super corporation or a hedge fund banker. None of these trades will directly benefit us in any way.

All these trade talks and agreements only benefit the greedy not the people who vote or pay taxes at the bottom.

We all have different currency so we have to get around that , then everyone is in collusion to skim off the top , its all corrupt bull# , that we end up fighting over because "my country is better than yours"

the american dream was simply that a dream ! and unless you invented something amazing or have been given wealth from birth then the opportunities to make it in the modern world are very slim.
We all pretend like this will help us save some money , or make some money , or that our communities will benefit , they wont , it will just be trump and his rich buddies , and his senator friends who have their own money in international corporations , who then use that money to influence legislation.

All the while we are still hog tied over a barrel taking it dry with a big diseased cock no condom!

edit on 9-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I thought you were already standing up for yourselves having military bases in nearly every country on earth?

Off topic, but since you insist. In my opinion we should pull all our resources home, slash our military budget, and let all these countries that use us as an attack dog, fend for themselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

but, I think we kind of need the steel to keep that military up and running don't we??

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
sooner we are actually out of the EU the better.
I don't want to be paying even more for Harley spares and bulleit bourbon

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I can't believe they had the audacity to think Harley's, oranges, and whiskey was going to sway us from protecting ourselves from the huge trade deficits trading with the EU.

What everyone ignores is that were close to being unable to produce steel and aluminum ourselves, which could be catastrophic if we ever had another world war. What if our future enemy are the ones that provide the majority of our resources needed to build military hardware?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

It's about national defense. MSM and the globalists would want you to believe differently though.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I thought it was the lithium or sodium and that was the problem ?

I remember reading Primo Levi's book the periodic table of elements where he mentions that this was essential in making bombs for the nazi war effort

if it was a problem through scarcity then , then it sure as hell will be a problem now

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

haha I thought everyone bought steel from China now ?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If what this post says is true and the EU will go after Trump’s base with taxes. Would that be counted as collusion? Trying to make Americans vote a different way the EU wants or we will punish you, lol

On the flip side, how much does Military and intel does the US provide to the EU? It would be very easy to turn off the behind the scenes stuff. Trump will let them bark, but if the EU bites, good luck without American military and intel back up

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I thought it was the lithium or sodium and that was the problem ?

I remember reading Primo Levi's book the periodic table of elements where he mentions that this was essential in making bombs for the nazi war effort

if it was a problem through scarcity then , then it sure as hell will be a problem now

Hmm, I'm unsure what your referring to. You got a source I can check out?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

HA I was way off , sorry it was Nickel! but in hindsight all of those metals are essential to the war effort

nickel is an abundant metal on earth , but is quite difficult to obtain in large amounts as it reacts with oxygen and so is sub surface deposits and difficult to mine , only 23 countries do it .

Apparently the percentages of nickel in ores is very low , however it is used in nearly every metal product we have on earth

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I think that's the point he's trying to make.

Bring the jobs back to America. Get back to supporting Americans.

This twisted economy has made "things" cheap in the US but imagine if we did not have to pay for the import taxes? and everyone could have a job and afford a house?

We may pay more for importing European products or lose those non-US manufacturers and their jobs-but apparently it is believed we will return to being able to self-support like in the 40's and 50's where a clerk or mechanic could live a middle class life. We have rapidly lost the middle class here in America.

There are many sides to this issue. Not being an economist, I can't do the numbers. I am glad that all these US mutinationalist corporations might have to support our economy and people instead of all the non US poor labor and made themselves, not their employees, rich.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

a reply to: badw0lf

yeh wasnt talking about the cheap #e , only jakies drink that pish

im talking aboot the gid stuff

I don't have a clue what you just said, but Sláinte !!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Lab4Us

How long do the rest of the world have to put up with american egotism

Tiocfaidh ár lá..

Right Jimmy?!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Off topic, but since you insist. In my opinion we should pull all our resources home, slash our military budget, and let all these countries that use us as an attack dog, fend for themselves.

I said that once years ago of the Aussie troops deployed overseas.

some twat side eyed me. lol. he's the first to run from a fight, couldn't even keep his own kid.

I do care for the poor folk that have suffered at the hands of globalist warmongers.. but bring the lads and ladies home. Not our circus, not our monkeys.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Good god you have bulleit there too?

Is it 9% a can too?

deadly stuff.. I hate it... I hate bourbon. My still weeps for my negligence.

edit on 9-3-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Aye something like that !

I am just poking fun , I do like america it has great culture

but some of the things it does I just think really , cmon you have been labeled as the greatest country on earth and this has been a messge sent to everyone in europe for as long as I can remember.

So when I see america doing stupid # I sigh !
and then I see trump saying make america great again

well america has the power to revolutionise the world , but just goes about it the wrong way
America could totally save our species , but it wont , I know its not all on them but they could set it off
America are always the first on the line saving us from aliens n # in movies, so why arent they doing it now
I mean one years spending on the military budget for the US alone is enough to solve most of the worlds problems.

We wouldnt need to worry about war or trade or anything if that money went to solving food problems, energy problems and health problems , and even education

wasnt it in he trillions ?
Anyway thats just america, then take every other country and their spending and What the # are we even fighting for
Ugghh

oh well nevermind

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Arrr, I'm from the penal colony..

Where we like pe.. I mean where we like our convict history..

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI !

And wallaby kangaroo koala death snake blue ringed octofish.

I may have had a few. I can never tell till the next day, but by time I wake up I've already had a few. Oo

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Harley prices going up, you say? That's just pooped on my mid life crisis plans.

Oh well, Triumph it is then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join