It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver May Get To Vote On Whether To Make Magic Mushrooms Legal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
www.cpr.org...

First came the weed. Now, maybe it’s the mushrooms.
After a few rousing chants of “free the spores,” a small group of roughly 20 citizens filtered into the Denver city and county building Monday for a meeting with city officials and emerged knowing they may soon have the all-clear to gather signatures on a measure to decriminalize psychedelic mushrooms.

Tourism in Colorado will mushroom. As will their tax revenues and mental health of the residents. Denver is the perfect place for the ATS meet up.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hell Yes!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Colorado is making all the right moves when it comes to personal freedom. I like it.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
time for bye bye for this thread. ats dont like it when we discuss psychadelics.
edit on 8-3-2018 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
T&C

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
time for bye bye for this thread. ats dont like it when we discuss psychadelics.

Agreed....

What in the world could possibly go wrong with this...? Mr. enlightened guy you really think we need people hallucinating while driving ? It will/has/is happening you know. Now it would be Pell Mell...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Great idea , tripping people with guns.

What could go wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Great idea , tripping people with guns.

They'd probably end up throwing their guns over a cliff... Then just walk the streets, looking for 'left wingers' to hug and have deep & meaningful with...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I can see them making them legal medically, but think you should have a card signed by a doctor for the shrooms. I know where to find similar chemistry in foods, but it is much less potent.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Colorado is making all the right moves when it comes to personal freedom. I like it.

Some of the right moves.

Maybe one day, places like Denver will let their residents collect rainwater on their own land.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I can see them making them legal medically, but think you should have a card signed by a doctor for the shrooms. I know where to find similar chemistry in foods, but it is much less potent.

Maybe just a mandatory education course to be able to legally 'purchase'... Though, obtaining by other means should be totally legal, without government regulation.

edit on 8-3-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: rickymouse

Maybe just a mandatory education course to be able to legally 'purchase'... Though, obtaining by other means should be totally legal, without government regulation.

Shroom chemistry can be a medicine, but it also can mess people up pretty bad. I wouldn't think it would be good to drive with shrooms or even be acceptable to be out in public like that. It kind of messes with reasoning of most people, but actually helps those who have a medical condition that it actually helps.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They should put a staunch age limit similar to alcohol if this goes through. The mushrooms require far more responsibility to safely indulge. A naive teenager could really ruin their life off one bad trip. As long as they put the correct limitations in place then I don't see too big of a problem. They need a system to monitor purchases and they should require I.D.

This isn't the type of party drug that you want to or should do everyday.
edit on 8-3-2018 by BloodStainedGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am loving this progressive approach to drugs that are virtually harmless and have actual documented benefits like psilocybin and cannabis.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Very very interesting. I know someone that has removed a lifetime of severe depression and anxiety, with something called micro-dosing, after years of meds, doctors, chaos within their lives.

When I saw them, awhile back I couldn't believe how good they looked, and that they had their life on track for 3 years. I asked how they did it and they told me. I actually had to look it up because I never heard of it till then.

So it appears Denver maybe a state that sees medicinal value in certain things found in nature, that actually helps people. I still think discernment and responsibility need to play out.

edit on 8-3-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Don't agree with this move. Weed is one thing, it's been everywhere forever. Whoever is going to smoke it already was. Worst case scenario it puts you to sleep. Shrooms? That's a different story. It's a psychedelic. Some won't be able to handle that.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

.....county building Monday for a meeting with city officials and emerged knowing they may soon have the all-clear to gather signatures on a measure to decriminalize psychedelic mushrooms.

Going by the murals that were in the airport, maybe its not such a good idea!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looks like they are trying to do away with a felony charge related to possession, but I have to agree with Intrepid this is something that puts people into altered states, if the doses are high enough.

I still think anyone operating under the influence needs to go to jail, because it involves so many other people's live, however if they are doing it on their own time, and safely, then it's their choice.

The group calls itself Colorado for Psilocybin after the fungi’s scientific name. Their proposed measure would do away with felony charges for people caught with mushrooms, and make them the lowest enforcement priority for Denver police.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Denver is the perfect place for the ATS meet up.

No doubt, in that case. I'm packing my indoor tinted shades and Niacin remedy even as I type. Or at least imagining I will. All we would need for the perfect bad trip is a Mushroom Bar in the airport, near the scary Bad-Mojo Murals.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Some of the right moves.

Maybe one day, places like Denver will let their residents collect rainwater on their own land.

I thought there was still radiation in the water in parts of Colorado!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join