It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver May Get To Vote On Whether To Make Magic Mushrooms Legal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
holy crap

yes hahahah yes hahahaha

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Making the ATS Denver Meet Up more of a must-attend event.

Be there or be square. Or melting and covered in polka dots. Depends on what you're ingesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am amazed that this thread has not magically disappeared yet.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don`t have any problem with them legalizing mushrooms.As I seem to recall,peyote is legal for Native Americans and probably has caused far less problems than alcohol.Never heard of mushrooms causing addictions and problems like pills either.If people want to smoke weed,do `shrooms,or distill alcohol for their own use-AT HOME!!!Not driving!-I`m all for personal freedom.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
They let you get high and you think you're winning.

Good grief.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Magic mushrooms (psilocybe semilanceata) were legal in the Netherlands until 2008 or so. Then a 13 year-old French tourist allegedly jumped out of her hotel room while under the influence whereupon the Dutch government saw fit to ban them nationwide. It didn't matter that the girl in question should never have had them in her possession but they also never performed a toxicological on her body but still banned them. There is nothing wrong with hallucinogens, just the people that say you may not have them.

I hate governments.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I will be the designated driver.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Don't agree with this move. Weed is one thing, it's been everywhere forever. Whoever is going to smoke it already was. Worst case scenario it puts you to sleep. Shrooms? That's a different story. It's a psychedelic. Some won't be able to handle that.

Many if not most can't handle liquor either...
What's your point?
People should be held accountable for their actions. Besides what we are most interested here in Colorado is the medical applications of micro dosing this and other psychedelics. Cannabis is a weak psychedelic in itself.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
psychedelics are easy for most people to get hold of, it’s not the legality that stops me taking them it’s the fact they obviously don’t agree with me personally as I tend to go full on paranoia mode.People who are going to try psychedelic drugs will try them regardless of whether they are legal or not, but I don’t think people should get a criminal conviction for experimenting with their own consciousness.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

and everybody else...

Hold your horses men.

This is just to get the clearance to get the signatures for this on the ballot. Even if it gets on the ballot, then there is still the statewide vote, then the governor has to sign it into law (pocket veto anyone?). That is going to take time.

Sorry Augustus!

The government is going to keep medicine labeled a drug then we will see more state initiatives like this. First should be the legalization of industrial hemp and CBD. Neither should be a Schedule 1 drug mainly because there are no drugs in them! Next step would be the Devil Weed.

As far as the OP topic goes... at least take it off whatever silly schedule it on (Schedule 1, figures). This is a natural medicine that actually helps people from all walks of life. It should be studied (it already is! See OSU's paper on 5 genes that evolved to keep insects from eating them!), like any other plant. I mean, they grow naturally on people's lawns all over the PNW and Alaska!

Good luck Colorado!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wait til I tell my husband this, he's, um, familiar with certain mushrooms. I keep telling him with the pot culture out there that regardless of how easy-peasy we've had it in MI, that we moved to the wrong state (Colorado was actually the other option. And we picked Michigan. Time for a swift self-kick to the ass)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Here's the thing, im not anti psychadelics. However, they are FAR stronger than marijuana. In fact, than any drug. They just dont have the addictive component or overdose risk as drugs like stimulants or opioids. I personally know two people who suffer from HPPD, i.e. hallucinogenic persistent perception disorder. en.m.wikipedia.org... One, my brother, took mushrooms only ten times and it's still with him. The other person a mixture of lysergic and shrooms around 50 times. I know that many users never have that happen, but these drugs are no joke and should be approached with caution. . www.google.com... reply to: olaru12

edit on 8-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: intrepid
Don't agree with this move. Weed is one thing, it's been everywhere forever. Whoever is going to smoke it already was. Worst case scenario it puts you to sleep. Shrooms? That's a different story. It's a psychedelic. Some won't be able to handle that.

Many if not most can't handle liquor either...
What's your point?
People should be held accountable for their actions. Besides what we are most interested here in Colorado is the medical applications of micro dosing this and other psychedelics. Cannabis is a weak psychedelic in itself.
Not anywhere the same thing. A bad trip can feel like one of the worst experiences in life. Further, those with latent mental disorders such as bipolar or schizophrenia can have it triggered from doing psychedelics ONCE. And then it may never go away.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is the challenge. Usually people don't know if it will mess them up until it happens. For many it won't.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'd recommend the State get some folks versed in these to act as 'Trip Advisors' or 'chaperones'.. There will be hundreds that are able to work through issues they have and nothing will be mentioned. It'll be some "2 can Dan" (Y'all know they type, a couple of beers and they're ready to fight the world) visiting from Arkansas that'll suck down the aforementioned 2 beers and eat some of these and they'll end up doing something abhorrent in nature (I'm certainly not going to bring forth an abhorrent behavior by 'naming it'..)

As was mentioned, used medicinally these have the ability to 'heal' those suffering through PTSD I was Rx'ed some BigPHarma™ poison for PTSD, 1 of 7 meds I was prescribed.

I'd also recommend folks who might be interested in 'booking a trip' but want somebody "responsible" (You know like the person who got it for You hahahaha) looking out for You, people verse in medical techniques You might look at "Ayuhuasca" there is a LEGAL retreat in Orlando (Drop the squares off at Disney while You go get tight...)and it is a weekend gig. The County Jail is nowhere to be caught on a bad cloud, I kid You knot...

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. Get the Grandparents to meet You in Orlando then have them watch the kids at Disney™ while You go to the Ayuhuasca Retreat for some "Me time" That has 'Win/Win' all over it.. Happy Travels

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
I am loving this progressive approach to drugs that are virtually harmless and have actual documented benefits like psilocybin and cannabis.
You can trigger mental problems or hppd with too much shrooms. I think they have their uses spiritually or artistically, but they aren't things to take lightly.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Nature provides us with all of the plants, or drugs as you may call some, for us to benefit from. As this is a free will Universe, both free will and nature should be respected.

To manufacture, prescribe, limit or forbid is against the simple offerings. We shouldn't interfere, only allow nature to be a catalyst for learning.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Making the ATS Denver Meet Up more of a must-attend event.

Be there or be square. Or melting and covered in polka dots. Depends on what you're ingesting.

Is a rainbow coloured mankini, cowboy boots and a Stetson acceptable? Asking for a friend...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Psychedelics and psychotics never mix. Ever, That is not the same as saying that hallucinogenic substances are "bad".

Hallucinogenics are the least popular "street drugs" because of their power. Most people cannot take it, and I do not mean that in a bad way. Just to be clear.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Psychedelics and psychotics never mix. Ever, That is not the same as saying that hallucinogenic substances are "bad".

Hallucinogenics are the least popular "street drugs" because of their power. Most people cannot take it, and I do not mean that in a bad way. Just to be clear.
Yes but some have latent disorders triggered by such drugs, while some others have long term hppd. That's not because they are bad drugs. But certainly not to be used excessively nor as a party drug.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join