It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump likes the idea of a president for life.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

False dichotomy.

C) Realize that the president is a true jackass who is unfit for the office and should not be re-elected.

The was the narrative previously, and it didn't work.

I can't believe how many people are triggered over this, but I imagine that was the point. This is what would be known as a "s***post" on the internet.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

False dichotomy.

C) Realize that the president is a true jackass who is unfit for the office and should not be re-elected.

The was the narrative previously, and it didn't work.

I can't believe how many people are triggered over this, but I imagine that was the point. This is what would be known as a "s***post" on the internet.

Sounds like yuh been "triggered"

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Guess who ends up paying the taxes?

Americans of course. That is what is going to change Americans mind about buying foreign goods. Buy American.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Americans of course. That is what is going to change Americans mind about buying foreign goods. Buy American.

Americans don't like paying taxes.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Do you think that we should just have one guy run everything until he dies?

Kinda like FDR?

Right, hence the 22nd.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
When do you want to start shooting senators?

Yesterday.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Over his dead body.
Look at the state of freaking congress with lifers in it.

I will match any ten Republicans with ten Democrats that should retire right now for being there to long.
I remember when the rolled in Strom Thurman for some important vote and he looked like they had dug him up and propped open his eyes with tooth picks.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I'll put it this way, had anybody else said that, you'd know they were joking.

Exactly. With him though it is hard to tell. If he was joking as president he should have learned by now that many do not get his ''edgy'' jokes and refrain from saying things that alienate more than half the country.
Yet, some here, supporters, are saying that he is trolling. Trolling? The president of the United States, a troll? Yet again they seem to love it.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

This is why I asked in the OP, was he seriously philosophizing or was he making another poorly timed joke.
I could find no video on him making that statement, so without the context of video or other information it is all questionable.
By my evaluation of Trump, it is possible to see that he was joking, being sarcastic. However I do not think he was philosophizing as I find him incapable of thinking on anything that deeply. More likely fantasizing, fantasizing on himself as the eternal leader. That easily fits with what I see as being his true nature.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
So the source is CNN? Really? CNN is for flat Earther types.

If you say so, maybe that's why white house staffers come to CNN to do interviews.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Over his dead body.

I will match any ten Republicans with ten Democrats that should retire right now for being there to long.
I remember when the rolled in Strom Thurman for some important vote and he looked like they had dug him up and propped open his eyes with tooth picks.

DO notice I didn't mention any party whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I don't know how our elected officials can stand by and continue to ignore Trump's dangerous rhetoric and his incompetency about the values and history of America. Republicans applauding... that alone should raise eye brows. Can you imagine the outrage by the GOP if Obama said this!! The hypocrisy by the GOP since Trump took office is certainly obvious.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Yeah, I guess it did. I got my button pushed by a joke about shooting Senators. Jokes may be jokes but bad taste is bad taste and that was one. Just like my notion that if and when a president of the United States may or may not be making a joke about having a life time president it is also in bad taste. See?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Over his dead body.

Yes I did, so together we can pick twenty from both sides of the isle to force into retirement.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The thing that really has me perplexed is that it is so obvious to so many, yet totally beyond the scope of so many others. Oft times we are told to lighten up and can't you take a joke. Hell there are people here who cheer him on and call him the Troll in Chief as if having a troll as president is a good thing. Is there an imogie for perplexed? Maybe this one because so many here just seem to turn my head sideways.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Americans don't like paying taxes.

Exactly. They don't have the incentive of paying more for it. That takes away the advantage that foreign markets have over the U.S.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

I'll put it this way, had anybody else said that, you'd know they were joking.

Exactly. With him though it is hard to tell. If he was joking as president he should have learned by now that many do not get his ''edgy'' jokes and refrain from saying things that alienate more than half the country.
Yet, some here, supporters, are saying that he is trolling. Trolling? The president of the United States, a troll? Yet again they seem to love it.

The Undeplorables?

Them peoples?

F'em if they can't take a joke.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
dupe

edit on 3 5 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I don't know how our elected officials can stand by and continue to ignore Trump's dangerous rhetoric and his incompetency about the values and history of America. Republicans applauding... that alone should raise eye brows. Can you imagine the outrage by the GOP if Obama said this!! The hypocrisy by the GOP since Trump took office is certainly obvious.

Oh BS.

Everyone including obama acted like he was POTUS for life.

Certainly had the dictator part down.

I keep waiting to see if his library is shaped like a pyramid.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Over his dead body.

Yes I did, so together we can pick twenty from both sides of the isle to force into retirement.

How about we pick from real, actual people? Career politicians are how we're in this grotty mess to begin with! And don't even get me started on the rich who have robbed us blind by going into politics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join