It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depth Of Russian Politician's Cultivation Of NRA Ties Revealed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: ketsuko
Hey! I'm not the one who put up a thread that begs to made a parody. Perhaps you should discuss this with the OP.

did you read the article?

are you arguing that it's not factual?

or do you just object to people discussing facts that don't fit your favorite narrative?

Yeah, it's painfully clear where they are trying to go with all of this...

These revelations come amid news that the FBI is investigating whether Torshin, the deputy governor of the Bank of Russia, illegally funneled money to the NRA to assist the Trump campaign in 2016

They're gonna find that collusion somewhere somehow.

Russians conspired with the NRA to get Trump elected.

Poor Hillary, she should sue the NRA now. And do another book.

What really really happened!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I wonder if this Alexander Torshin actually committed any actual crime, or is he just bad because he is Russian?

Soon they will simply declare Russians to be "nonpersons" and any communication with them will be a crime. Germany did that at one point. Didn't end too well for them I believe.

Even McCarthy wasn't as paranoid as the modern left.

The West should be concerned less with phantom Reds under the Bed than it should with paranoid warmongers and their endless propaganda efforts.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

a reply to: fiverx313

If I want to sell toothpaste, I find 4 dentists and get 3 to say they like my toothpaste. Then I can say 3 out of 4 dentists recommend it. Are you saying that's not factual?

There are facts and there are interpretations of facts. It's called spin.

Yuh left out 'alternative facts' their different!
Not there isn't a need for more meat on the table here of course...but that means we have to look at all the angles.. right?.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

just so we're clear then, you're okay with foreign businessmen breaking the law and illegally funding political campaigns, as long as hillary loses?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
But ...

Here is the truly disturbing part that you seem to be missing in this. It has been shown that Russia's true game is TO WEAKEN THIS COUNTRY.

The seek to achieve this end by dividing us.

What better way to divide us than by touching off a civil war? Do you know the quickest and easiest way to do that? Try to undermine the 2nd, and you do that by weakening the largest association dedicated to protecting it on behalf of the people -- NRA. There are no other groups out there as organized and dedicated to protecting our right to defend ourselves against all comers -- foreign and domestic. And don't think for one moment that it doesn't serve Russia's purposes either way to have either a disarmed populace or one fighting itself in an internal war.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Check it out. I post an link to an article with some facts (translated emails) and suddenly there's a whole page of the regular right wing posters posting denials, defections, trigger words, but no substances.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

If I want to sell toothpaste, I find 4 dentists and get 3 to say they like my toothpaste. Then I can say 3 out of 4 dentists recommend it. Are you saying that's not factual?

There are facts and there are interpretations of facts. It's called spin.

Yuh left out 'alternative facts' their different!
Not there isn't a need for more meat on the table here of course...but that means we have to look at all the angles.. right?.

I read it a looked.

There isn't much there, there. Torshin was there in the same manner that the Russian ambassador was sitting with the Democrats.

Are you saying that they're complicit in plotting with him?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ever since the Democrats lost, everything is a Russian plot that helped Donald win.

This is becoming unbearable. It's looking like the boy who cried wolf all the time.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: villagesmithie
Check it out. I post an link to an article with some facts (translated emails) and suddenly there's a whole page of the regular right wing posters posting denials, defections, trigger words, but no substances.

Trigger words?

Do you need a safe space?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah, people, an organization that is dedicated to your personal right to own a firearm is some Russian Puppet!

Someone shoot me now to make this stupidity stop.

Please.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

just so we're clear then, you're okay with foreign businessmen breaking the law and illegally funding political campaigns, as long as hillary loses?

No, but that's not why Hillary lost and you know it.

The Russians and the NRA didn't get Trump elected period.

That said, if some laws were broken then arrest, Indict the accused and send them to prison if guilty.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It's clear there is only one way the left will ever feel safe again.

It's been nice knowing the world really.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

No, but that's not why Hillary lost and you know it.

The Russians and the NRA didn't get Trump elected period.

That said, if some laws were broken then arrest, Indict the accused and send them to prison if guilty.

i didn't say it was, but good to know you give a crap about the actual laws.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

But ...

Here is the truly disturbing part that you seem to be missing in this. It has been shown that Russia's true game is TO WEAKEN THIS COUNTRY.

The seek to achieve this end by dividing us.

What better way to divide us than by touching off a civil war? Do you know the quickest and easiest way to do that? Try to undermine the 2nd, and you do that by weakening the largest association dedicated to protecting it on behalf of the people -- NRA. There are no other groups out there as organized and dedicated to protecting our right to defend ourselves against all comers -- foreign and domestic. And don't think for one moment that it doesn't serve Russia's purposes either way to have either a disarmed populace or one fighting itself in an internal war.

We are witnessing history repeating itself. In this instance, the rebirth of Mao's "Red Guard"! I wish people would educate themselves on that period of history, because it would scare the snip out them if they had an honest bone in their body to see the similarities with our current global Progressive movement....

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It is NPR so...what?

www.npr.org...

Also from NPR detailing US meddling (their words, not mine) in foreign elections.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Sorry "safe space" missed that trigger word.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

A prominent Kremlin-linked Russian politician has methodically cultivated ties with leaders of the National Rifle Association and documented efforts in real time over six years to leverage those connections and gain deeper access into American politics

Depth Of Russian Politician's Cultivation Of NRA Ties Revealed

The source is NPR so many will immediately file this in the fake news bin. But, it seems to me the "nothing burger" keeps getting more sauce on it. This is mostly old news but the sources is new and seems to add some weight.

To summarize NPR translated Twitter messages from Alexander Torshin where apparently he talked about his connection to the NRA. And, we should all remember the story about how Russian money was funneled through that organization.

More sauce? Where's the beef?!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I love that Russian song from The Hunt for Red October. I even have it on my mp3 player.

Does that make me a Russian agent?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Sorry "safe space" missed that trigger word.

I want a safe space to put my assault weapon.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I love that Russian song from The Hunt for Red October. I even have it on my mp3 player.

Does that make me a Russian agent?

Can't we all just get along?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join