It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depth Of Russian Politician's Cultivation Of NRA Ties Revealed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

you show no proof that it was illegal . you show no proof any money ended up in Trumps campaign . You just accept what NPR says .

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

yaup

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

In the 1800s, social media didn't exist either.

So I guess that means the 1st Amendment shouldn't exist? Oh well, except where letters written by quill and ink on parchment are concerned ...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: smurfy

If I want to sell toothpaste, I find 4 dentists and get 3 to say they like my toothpaste. Then I can say 3 out of 4 dentists recommend it. Are you saying that's not factual?

There are facts and there are interpretations of facts. It's called spin.

Yuh left out 'alternative facts' their different!
Not there isn't a need for more meat on the table here of course...but that means we have to look at all the angles.. right?.

I read it a looked.

There isn't much there, there. Torshin was there in the same manner that the Russian ambassador was sitting with the Democrats.

Are you saying that they're complicit in plotting with him?

I am saying there is more meat on the table needed, er, I said that already.
But just follow for a bit.
Just suppose that the NRA is under the very powerful unbrella organisation, The Council for National Policy, a very extreme right-wing group based around Washington, and that the CNP has been well cultivated with Russian relations, aka Putin and Co going back many years, going back to Reagan, and that the culmination of that is what there is today, a virtual Trump, Putin ChristianJudeo, anti-Muslim power bloc, with well known media in tow...just suppose that it was all true?

Well, the NRA is a member of CNP, of whom it's members include some now in the Trump admin camp, and many of them have extensive Russian co-operative relations...Trump himself has attended Presidential Candidate choice meetings...long before he became President. Others who may not be listed as members do in fact have extensive interests in other organisations that are under the CNP's unbrella, media is also well represented, and so it goes on....and on.

You can have a read here from this old website,
thegopwatchdog.com...

This is putting something on the table, and you can discuss it all day for all I care, but one thing you can't do, and that is to ignore it!
(That's if you are really interested of course)
edit on 3-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

As opposed to multi-culturalism like we have now, where everyone belongs to a tiny little in-group tribe that is more or less hostile to those outside it and we're all mixed and mingled in our day to day lives and told to adhere to our culture tribes and hate and fear the other because the other is out to oppress us and can't even help it?

At least with the concept of nationalism, all those little tribal groups had one big tribe to take pride in making us one stronger people together -- E pluribus unum.

You understand this impulse away toward in-tribes is destroying that. And for what end? It's not like we're being encouraged to go global. No. It just weakens us and makes us less likely to unite in the face of imposed authoritarian rule.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Oh, the vast right wing conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

As I thought, a smirker...so you just like to be smart without knowing anything..and you didn't even read the very long link..., (and there are quite a few other links elsewhere because of leakers) It seems I wasted my time, hopefully then someone who has something in their noggin will read it.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

As I thought, a smirker...so you just like to be smart without knowing anything..and you didn't even read the very long link..., (and there are quite a few other links elsewhere because of leakers) It seems I wasted my time, hopefully then someone who has something in their noggin will read it.

No, I just see you building a house of cards. This is the same accusation we get when we do the same with certain entities like the Open Society Foundation or the Clinton Foundation or others like them.

The lesson to be learned from this is that organizing to advocate for policy positions one believes in is only bad when they're positions you dislike.
edit on 3-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: villagesmithie
a reply to: djz3ro
There has been plenty of evidence it's a question of what constitutes proof in your mind.

How much "proof" do you need to address a potential problem?

Does it only become a problem if it effects your "team"?

Most definitely not, I see the number of Gun Deaths in America as a problem and I'm firmly On Team Scotland. I wasn't denying this is real of course...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

you show no proof that it was illegal . you show no proof any money ended up in Trumps campaign . You just accept what NPR says .

the FBI is investigating whether something illegal occurred. that is their job. i would hardly have proof of whether something the FBI is currently investigating is illegal or not.

i'm guessing you're not a lawyer.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

As opposed to multi-culturalism like we have now, where everyone belongs to a tiny little in-group tribe that is more or less hostile to those outside it and we're all mixed and mingled in our day to day lives and told to adhere to our culture tribes and hate and fear the other because the other is out to oppress us and can't even help it?

America must be vastly different from the UK, nobody had ever told me to fear anyone from a different culture. In fact, I was taught to respect other cultures and people...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But in this instance, its that the media trotted out a group of traumatized kids to "lead a national dialogue" on guns. This debacle is what results when you exploit children for political purposes. Traumatized children no less.

Well at least they get a chance for their voice to be heard. Would you agree that they've earned that right? Better than listening to Trump, NRA representatives or other politicians debate about it. And CNN has given enough assistance to Trump's campaign already with all the negative airtime, playing right into his 'I'm the hero against mainstream media 'fake news'-card and giving him the attention that got him a portion of the votes from those who already were suspicious of CNN. It makes me wonder if other than an increase in viewer ratings, the Trump-team might have given some additional financial motive to have so many news reports on him on CNN, allthough perhaps that's a bit too far-fetched (I think the incentive is more likely viewer ratings, Trump does put on a good show for that, the clownish drama actor that he is, he often reminds me of Pennywise, cute and funny at first, but a little scary once the teeth come out). Our Pennywise still has better hair though (in terms of grabbing attention and leaving an impression that won't be easily forgotten, thus helping with viewer ratings):

edit on 3-3-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Russia must have an unhealthy obsession to totally control life in America!

Or, maybe, some Americans have an unhealthy obsession in believing Russia is obsessed with America.

Russia made me say this.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Still didn't read it it then.

Come to think of it, when you say,

".....organizing to advocate for policy positions one believes ...." that's really a euphemism for running the whole country the way that the Council for National Policy wants it to be run, and nothing to do with the population as whole.
That makes me think you know all about it then...no wonder you don't want to discuss it at all.
Creepy!
edit on 3-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

As opposed to multi-culturalism like we have now,...

Nationalism won't disappear or be less popular because of the presence of multi-culturalism (since you seem to imply that we have multi-culturalism rather than nationalism, both are present). They are not always incompatible either:

edit on 3-3-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

Wait what happend to the kremlim funding Bernie Sanders? puahhaahh

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

America must be vastly different from the UK, nobody had ever told me to fear anyone from a different culture. In fact, I was taught to respect other cultures and people...

It is one thing to respect them and another to be insular.

Multi-culturalism is about insularity. We are taught that to even pick up other facets of another culture -- white women doing yoga -- is a hideous thing because it isn't about showing how much we respect that culture and think it is cool, but about how we being horribly oppressive and working through imperialist whiteness to erase that culture into our own.

That attitude cultivates an attitude of hostility between cultures.

And American nationalism is uniquely bad because most times, it is taught that America is a white oppressive nation with a white oppressive power structure. Thus to be American nationalist is a white nationalist/racist stance to take.
edit on 3-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: ausername
They're gonna find that collusion somewhere somehow.

Russians conspired with the NRA to get Trump elected.

just so we're clear then, you're okay with foreign businessmen breaking the law and illegally funding political campaigns, as long as hillary loses?

Heres the thing..you got to prove Trump knew this was going on. If he didnt then he was not a conspirator and as such the claim of collusion once again is dead.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Heres the thing..you got to prove Trump knew this was going on. If he didnt then he was not a conspirator and as such the claim of collusion once again is dead.

here's the thing, it's still possible for the laws to be broken without trump having known about it. that's what this thread is about, no?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: villagesmithie

Yeah, uh, no.

Link NRA to Russians.

Make NRA a terrorist group.

Make NRA a hate group.

Make siding with the 2nd Amendment an ugly thing.

Make siding with the Bill of Rights an ugly thing.

Make siding with the Constitution an ugly thing.

No.

That's not really the agenda here. It's showing that there's immense Russian influnce going into US lobbying groups. That money then goes from the NRA to politicians, which means that people like Rubio are taking Russian money to support their agenda. The NRA stuff seems to have happened around 2012-2014. It's not about labeling the NRA, sure the people mentioning it for the most part don't like guns but that doesn't mean the goal isn't noble. Didn't we just have an election about draining the swamp? The NRA is that swamp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join