It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crow taking care of kitten

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Saw this on another site.

I've always been really fond of crows, all corvids really, from a young age. Insanely smart. One of my best memories is of meeting a crow when I was in my late teens that had been raised by a guy and his daughter. It would fly into their cabin and just hang out, and was friendly enough that it made friends with me after a few minutes.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Saw this on another site.

I've always been really fond of crows, all corvids really, from a young age. Insanely smart. One of my best memories is of meeting a crow when I was in my late teens that had been raised by a guy and his daughter. It would fly into their cabin and just hang out, and was friendly enough that it made friends with me after a few minutes.

Ummm...I know what you mean...I've always had a soft spot for them as well...them and raptors...all birds really...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I wonder if the crow imprinted on the cat. Maybe it had just lost a child of it’s own and then accidentally took on the cat as part of it’s instinctual drive to care for it’s young.

Or possibly a case of toxoplasmosis. A parasite that enters the brain and attracts it’s host animal towards cats. It generally happens in mice, but has been shown to inhabit and affect other animals, including humans and apes.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That's amazing. I have seen crows interact with deer but never anything like this. Thanks for the post. It beats hands down most of the political and gun threads of the past month and just a nice change of pace.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing this. I had seen it a long time ago and forgot all about it. Precious!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Thank you so much for this rare gift.
My devotion to corvids goes way back to when I as a teen ager saved a crow that had become partially paralized.
It regained it's health after many months and remained by our home for years greeting us from the trees when we came out side.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My reaction is different: this story makes me nervous, because how did it end up when the cat was fully grown? I don't think I want to know. I'm too afraid that the cat's instinct eventually kicked in and it killed the crow.

And I also felt so sad for the crow, when the cat started sleeping inside the house at night. Poor bird! All of a sudden his buddy is gone and unreachable for 8 hours. Abandonment issues. 😰

But other than those thoughts, this is a great story! I so hope they stayed friends forever.

new topics

top topics

join