It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to change the World - And I want to change it NOW!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

Hypothetically imagine I'm an alien from a species so far advanced you are not even capable of imagining our power - and that
we can give you a world beyond anything you can even imagine - A Utopian dream beyond your wildest imagination.

I'd like a world where I can wake up and do whatever I want without having to worry about how I'm going to pay the bills or feed my kids, where I can hop in my flying car and be in Colorado in a couple of hours.

That would be nice.

But I don't want it unless everyone can have it.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So, are you going to call the Aliens to help you destroy the power hungry greedy people of the world? If you get hold of them, can I have their number, I am always looking for new recipes to create out of this world dinners..

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The problem is that from what I have read of people like this who want to "change the world" their vision of the world they want is not one I wish to participate in. It's not that I am particularly fond of the world as it exists; it's just that your vision sucks. As far as I'm concerned, you're not part of the solution; you are part of the problem. So when you start threatening I say go ahead, make my day. I will not stand by silently and roll over to what you want. I will actively resist you. When you finally realize this is not exactly a cake walk and that the targets of your enmity are capable and willing to shoot back, I think the zeal you feel when writing words on a screen will undergo a reality check. You're not in charge, nor are your ideals universal. One hopes you have the wisdom to realize that.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
This is the feelings of many. Like it or not, juvenile exuberance will not help, or change the world.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Let me clarify, I agree with your thoughts, and warn the author of the folly of looking for a Utopia. Even that is a fallacy.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The problem is that from what I have read of people like this who want to "change the world" their vision of the world they want is not one I wish to participate in. It's not that I am particularly fond of the world as it exists; it's just that your vision sucks. As far as I'm concerned, you're not part of the solution; you are part of the problem. So when you start threatening I say go ahead, make my day. I will not stand by silently and roll over to what you want. I will actively resist you. When you finally realize this is not exactly a cake walk and that the targets of your enmity are capable and willing to shoot back, I think the zeal you feel when writing words on a screen will undergo a reality check. You're not in charge, nor are your ideals universal. One hopes you have the wisdom to realize that.

THREAT
- What threat

I come out suggesting a better paradigm for World History and quoting one of History's greatest change the world peaceably profits the world has ever known, Mahatma Gandhi, and you started threatening me - I did not and am not,
except that it may wake you out of whatever negative trance you are in, threaten anyone.

- And you come out telling me about: "the targets of your enmity are capable and willing to shoot back"

OK - You got me - too many Aholes in the world to change it - Arm everone to the teeth and let Evolution proceed!

And for you and everyone of your kind who thinks the Second Ammendment is more important than the First:

"God created Men - And Winchester made them Equal"- So I still sometimes agree with Trump - Guns are not the
problem - people are.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it! - You don't smoke? - I don't give a damn!

-AlienView

PS: See how we have succeeded in changing the World? - Like a broken record that keeps repeating itself.
I don't give a damn really - I know this is not my home planet.

edit on 25-2-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
"I'm mad as hell - And I'm not going to take it anymore!"

How about you Man? - Fed up with the same old same old - The hellish paradigm of World History and the inability of Human intelligence to change it?

Ready to give up? - Most people give up - All the religious and political revolulutions of the past have failed.

We still live like bestial animals armed to the teeth and ready to eat each other.

You like this? - Want to keep livng this way and waiting for WWIII? - LIke the idea of an Armageddon that ends it all?

Go somewhere else - The World doesn't need you.

it's all metaphorical... so this video is relative to what you just wrote.

good post. I agree.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So we are succeeding right? OK, then let us continue:

"The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
- Steve Jobs

"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world".
-Robin Williams

"I choose to believe I can and will change the world with my words and thoughts".
-Rod Williams

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember you have within you the srength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."
- Harriet Tubman

When I was in college, I wanted to be involved in things that would change the world".
--Elon Musk

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Remember ATS... a rant comes from hope.

You people need to go back and look at all my videos.

AGAIN!!!! Go back and look at my last video!

(Like I said... it's all metaphorical)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Now that I think about it - Why bother?

Everyone who tried changing the World failed in the long run - After the dust settles it's the same damn World it was before.

And the epitaph for all the commotion is:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

In order to change the World and its ongoing same old, same old paredigm of History - You would have to change the rather dumb nature of the Human animal - And after thousands of years of Human History Man is basically still the same
dumb animal he was thousands of years ago.

So I will leave this post with one final quote from one of the World's greatest satirists:

"What Me Worry ?"
-Alfred E. Neuman

[Mad Magazine]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join