It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 16 Most Ridiculous Things People Say After They Find Out Jesus Was Black and 48 Ways To Respond

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This list was written by a very ignorant individual.

#6 they claim "olive skinned" must be green or black, which is not true.

These girls are the example of olive skin color, it's a tannish tone.

wiki link

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What matters is the Spirit, but if the only way you can reach the spiritual is to align the physical, then think of him as looking like whatever ethnicity you need him to be. Eventually, you will realize that it's the spirit that matters and it will stop being important to you.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

It's funny, I've had numerous religious discussions over the years, but never once has anyone attempted to argue Jesus' race with me or me with them. In fact, sitting here right now the only rationale I can come to for why someone would consider it worthy of argument is if the party making the initial claim was doing so in an assholish manner. Otherwise, if it's just a painting of black Jesus in a Southern Baptist church or a blonde Jesus in a Methodist church or hell, Korean Jesus on Jump Street, nobody really cares. Envision the Messiah in whatever way you personally are comfortable with and STFU about it otherwise, ya?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Dude, Jesus was white with long flowing brown locks, blue eyes and a manly beard. Haven't you ever seen the thousands of paintings of him? They wouldn't possibly lure about him would they? His Middle Eastern origins doesn't matter.

Really ? Every single picture that I have ever seen of Jesus , including the ones hanging in my home , Jesus is portrayed with bronze skin , dark hair and eyes as described in the Bible
If you have anything that is different , that would be all on you....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Pffffffff!

You guyz don't know nothing.

Everyone who has seen his picture, knows that the Lord Jumping Jesus was blond, and looks like a Norwegian snowboarder, wearing an old bedsheet.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's funny, I've had numerous religious discussions over the years, but never once has anyone attempted to argue Jesus' race with me or me with them. In fact, sitting here right now the only rationale I can come to for why someone would consider it worthy of argument is if the party making the initial claim was doing so in an assholish manner. Otherwise, if it's just a painting of black Jesus in a Southern Baptist church or a blonde Jesus in a Methodist church or hell, Korean Jesus on Jump Street, nobody really cares. Envision the Messiah in whatever way you personally are comfortable with and STFU about it otherwise, ya?

True words
But there would be no way to politicize or demean other folks otherwise

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The "modern European Jesus iconography" with the beard and all that comes from imagery of Charlemagne and various Frankish kings like Pepin the Short, Clovis, Childeric I or III, etc.

Google image search "Frankish Kings". Note the uncanny similarities??

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Childeric I

Childeric III

Pepin the Short

Clovis I

Clothar II

Charlemagne

=== Modern European Jesus depiction
edit on 2/14/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
How could people be so interested in Jesus that they worship him yet don't know any basic facts like this stuff?

Anyways, you're welcome.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Since this is close to on topic - Christians I think you ought to know the geneology of Jesus states that Joseph is his father and that Adam is the son of God.

Luke 3:23-38

In addition it's important to note that this is not Mary's geneology, but Joseph's. It was claimed he was adopted.

In fact there was a tradition called Adoptionism which:

was declared heresy at the end of the 2nd century and was rejected by the Synods of Antioch and the First Council of Nicaea, which defined the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity and identified the man Jesus with the eternally begotten Son or Word of God in the Nicene Creed.[2][3]

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What about the 16 things people say when they realize he's a fairy tale.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Another thread by someone who has divine knowledge and insight no one else has. I probably should have just not read this nonsense and passed over the thread entirely but sometimes I think a harsh response might just help a poster really think twice before posting unprovable nonsense next time.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Jesus was obviously a baby camel, which is why they hid from Herod in Egypt.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think if you are getting into a peeing contest about what race Jesus may have been to push some strange narrative, then you probably aren't a Christian.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
He's orange. Look up at that glowing ball of light in the morning... They call it the Sun. The Sun of God because everyone knows you can't own the Sun, therefore it is Gods Sun.

The bringer of light, the savior from darkness, the light of the world...

He's light orange or even yellow depending on what time of the day you look at him.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
He's orange. Look up at that glowing ball of light in the morning... They call it the Sun. The Sun of God because everyone knows you can't own the Sun, therefore it is Gods Sun.

The bringer of light, the savior from darkness, the light of the world...

He's light orange or even yellow depending on what time of the day you look at him.

Aka Trump?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Benjamin Franklin was black, too. And Socrates, black.

Anne Frank, black.

Santa, duh. Black.

Easter Bunny, NEGRO.

Should've provided a list of 6 reasons to care if he was black or not because I can't find any.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: strangechristian777
If there was ever a topic that breeds both hilarious and ridiculous responses based on nothing more than hate for black people, its the subject of Christ being black. Put the words “black” and “Jesus” in the same sentence and people will lose all common sense. Some people just can’t fathom the idea that a man that lived in Africa, came from a lineage that mixed with Africans, and were often mistaken for Africans… could possibly be black (cognitive dissonance). What it boils down to is that they just flat out hate the idea of a black Messiah… and those that would reject Christ based on race will not see the kingdom of heaven. Feel free to drop a link to this page any time you encounter any of these type of people.

click here to read the full list

Conservative Christian Logic

Them: All black people came from Ham

The Bible: Egyptians came from Ham

Them: Egyptians weren't black

The Bible: Canaanite came from Ham

Them: Canaanites weren't black

The Bible: Libyans came from Ham

Them: Libyans weren't black

The Bible: Ethiopians came from Ham

Them: Ethiopians aren't black

Everyone Else: Really?

Yet so many like me dont care what color Jesus was.
Nice sensationalism

But He was ugly

www.bergsland.org...
"Of course I can say that! The Bible says it. When was the last time you considered it? Jesus was ugly or worse. Let’s look at the relevant scriptures.

Just as there were many who were appalled at him—
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
and his form marred beyond human likeness— [Isaiah 52:14 NIV]

Oh, but that was just on the cross. Where does it say that? It is possible but not certain that this is talking about his appearance on the cross, but it is also possible that he was deformed in some way.
His flesh was not desirable

He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him. [Isaiah 53:2b NKJV]

The lexicon says that the Hebrew word for “form” means beautiful form or good looking. The word for comeliness is beauty or glorious majesty. Jesus had none of this. He was not attractive or impressive in the flesh. In fact, Isaiah goes further than that.

He was despised and rejected—a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care. [Isaiah 53:3 NLT]"

So apart from divisivness, you have nothing of value in the black Jesus sensationalism.
His color or race is irrelevant to Christians
edit on 14-2-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Jesus was black and no one knows?

What's next? Atlantis was real?

And people say there hasn't been any cover up of history.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
If u want to hold any truth in a 2000yr old story,more power to you. My opinion is... Wait for it... Who cares lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join