It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Uses 'N-Word,' Student Shouts 'F-You,' 'Free Speech' Class Canceled at Princeton

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Ocala, FL passed a law against sagging pants.

If something stupid can be done, its sure to be found somewhere. Kind of like a real life rule 34.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

This would be some of the highest potential this country has to offer, correct? It appears that the students in many of these institutions are regressing to a more beast like mentality. Given the future potential in society due to nepotism, we may need to take a seriously objective look at why emotional discipline is breaking down at that level.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

My experience in the ghetto town I grew up in was opposite. The cops would bust you up for anything. My best friend was given 6 mo. probation for some stems in the door.

I watch quite a bit of Live. Perhaps its 100% made up, rather than just dressed up. But I see them spend what looks like hours daily digging through someones car to find pot. That, and grandstanding about how you better not lie to them or they'll go harder on you.

I agree that the police serve a vital purpose. I just think that if we reduce the contact with the public a little, it may reduce the friction the contact makes.

I don't have answers. Just observations.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

"Love without truth is just sentimental—truth without love is sterile." St. Jerome

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If something stupid can be done, its sure to be found somewhere. Kind of like a real life rule 34.

OK, OK - you win, some pre-existing US state laws articulating the level of full-retard some lawmakers have gone to, to achieve safety & security of citizens

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Honestly, its crap like that making me wonder why anyone in their right mind would live in an HOA. What kind of person decides, "Hm....i think I want some more rules and fines in my life"?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If sagging pants and crime seem to be closely related, I can see why the law was passed. Don't necessarily agree, but it isn't without logic.

I used to go to a popular bar to hangout. They didn't allow baseball hats and certain other paraphernalia. The main reason was because I guess the found those who dressed a certain way were more likely to cause problems and thus created rules to exclude them based on dressed. Does it eliminate all the trouble makers? No, but it certainly reduces them dramatically.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Honestly, its crap like that making me wonder why anyone in their right mind would live in an HOA. What kind of person decides, "Hm....i think I want some more rules and fines in my life"?

Those who don't want an idiot neighbor next door who decides to work on their car in the front yard... causing your largest investment to plummet in value because it would make your home impossible to sell.

HOAs were designed because too many people don't have any ability to understand that what they do on their property can sometimes have a negative affect on their neighbors.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
However, these classes are ok, right?

african.wisc.edu...

The Problem of Whiteness? Nice Richard Wright quote on the page to.

Sorry.Very few under the age of 20 have experienced ANYTHING close to what their relatives went through pre 80's. There was some heavy racism going on. Real. Like, black people don't even go through certain towns racism. I saw kids have to use different bathrooms in the South in the 70's. Crazy stuff. During this era many people of color were held back in education or work. No fault of their own many kids were born into poverty. This kid yelling profanities however is a spoiled, triggered jerk.

Fast Forward to 2018. We just had a multi-racial president or as he says, black. The highest office in the world. Most powerful and it was occupied by a black man. A black man who would invite people to the White House that used the n word quite often. Can he use the I'm black I can use it excuse???? The time for double standards is over.

This was an old guy who, if the student would have looked, has many written books including some regarding race and even Islam. The kid should be reprimanded when he should have just sat there and listened...and maybe learned something.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

“cra____s” were not enslaved for 300 years and then made 2nd class citizens for another century.

Human beings have sensitivities beyond theories.

The idea of the class was stupid. There’s NO such thing as free anything in reality. The myth of western freedom is exposed.

Relative freedom, okay, but that’s about it.

Huh. If I didn't know any better I'd say you're a racist. Lol. The hypocrisy still runs strong everywhere.

Note where I said if I didn't know any better..
edit on 13-2-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Because pulling up ones pants is a guaranteed method of reform and lowering crime.

Or maybe out if site out of mind.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

If we are homest, black people have a lot to complain about.

They wouldnt need to if we reformed our laws by analyzing adverse impacts. Why should our criminal justice system seem to imprison one demographic more than the others?

Because thug culture and a lack of desire for education and family values can't be blamed on lack of laws. We don't need more laws and affirmative action. A choice to live by a higher standard must be made and no laws can fix it. Neither can constant cries of racism. It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The sad part, is that it's already starting to happen in some parts of the country. Pathetic excuse this school district uses IMO. Two classic works of literature, essentially condemned for inappropriate words, because we don't want people to be offended and filing a lawsuit. It's insane, when you consider the amount of "hateful" words and lyrics in rap music...that's blasted out of car windows in the summertime, with sub-bass rattling windows. Why aren't people concerned and offended by that? Just an honest question.

Minnesota school district removes 'To Kill a Mockingbird,' 'Huckleberry Finn' from required reading due to n-word

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Being offended is now justification to censor people.

The reason that it is so mis-applied is because most (?) people aren't offended by lyrics or words.

It's a minority of people that purposefully target books, words, phrases to usher in a control (ala Big Brother) on society.

And people are becoming used to the controls. It's social engineering and it's working.

Even on this site, I can't use certain words.

We lose elements of freedom every day and government just sits back and laughs because we're doing their work for them. We're censoring ourselves. We're silencing ourselves. We're muzzling ourselves to keep people from being offended, because being offended carries such a heavy cost to the one who offends.

edit on 13-2-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sorry...I had to.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

LMFAO!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Sorry...I had to.

LMAO. reminds me of a Chapelle show sketch

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Good ol 70s humour.....you know this was a parody of Chuck Connor's TV show..Thrillseekers.....about a special breed of cat, that goes out to find danger...and licks it!!! (true as quoted).

Its interesting how this whole "African" thing seems to be uniquely a "USA" issue.

People may be amazing to know, that there are 2 countries on the African continent....

One is NIG-eria...

One is NIG-er....

As the word Negro, Nig** etc All are derived from the Roman Latin word for black....."Nigreos", it does seem strange that 2 African peoples would call their countries after the Latin language of 2000 years ago. Maybe they spoke Latin?

As even in this modern day, Millions of native African people seem to want to move out of Africa and live in places like
Europe, North America and Australia.......strangely, all considered to be "White Fellas" type countries.?

Why is this so? Do you think native Africans in nowdays, want to move to the USA because there are already African peoples there, living a good life?.....Perhaps thats what they think??

I have no idea, actually.

Furthermore, which words are more offensive...Nigger, Spook etc OR Honkey, Cracker, Snowman....whatever.

Aren't they just words?

Funnily the People of India, and the Pacific Islands have never been called "Niggers", yet are often quite dark skinned.

Perhaps if people just realise its a Word, derived from an ancient language from Roman culture....then it could be left alone.
Considering their are a 1000 tribes of different people on the African continent, each with their own language name for their own tribe, perhaps it was just easier to use the Latin term?....that the Romans used for their slaves 2000 years ago.

I wonder what the Eqyptians, Arabs, Greeks, Persians etc etc called their African slaves?

Would be historically interesting to know.

Yo, so enough jive talkin fro this Honkey MoFo, yall peace out Bros, ya dig!...Right On!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Sitting in a desegregated classroom at Princeton, getting bent out of shape over a word being used for discussion purposes.

While their community is all but asking for segregation.

Irish slaves were worth less than African slaves.
It's just a word.
Inb4 "how can you be so insensitive": I'm Hispanic. Been called sp*** and all the other terms. less so by white people than anyone else. But in the end I guess being a w** b*** has its benefits, words just roll off better.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

“cra____s” were not enslaved for 300 years and then made 2nd class citizens for another century.

Human beings have sensitivities beyond theories.

The idea of the class was stupid. There’s NO such thing as free anything in reality. The myth of western freedom is exposed.

Relative freedom, okay, but that’s about it.

You do realize that the government only outlawed owning slaves for citizens, right? Your post is highly ignorant of history, as are most peoples assertions about what has actually happened in the past. "Care to enlighten us?" No thanks, I studied like everyone else instead of blabbing falsehoods. Here's your vocab:

Indentured Servitude - This particular discussion
Federal Reserve - The real discussion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join