It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we fix Gays/Transgenders in the womb (assuming we could)??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
For this thought experiment i need anyone who participates to pretend a couple things..

1) we find the cause of being gay and trans and it is biological. Let’s say it is as “simple” as some brain wiring that is supposed to go left, but instead goes right..

2) we have a 100% safe and 100% effective way to cure it.

So under those circumstances. What should we do??

Should we start fixing it before birth , which would inherently erase gay/trans people from humanity????

Or should we “leave it be”??

PS: feel free to separate out gay and trans since they are two vastly different things.. such as..

Yes we should fix trans, but shouldn’t fix gay.. or vise Versa...

Thoughts??

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have children, so yes -most definitely.

I've had gay people tell me in confidence they wish they were straight. It's a very difficult thing to contend with.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

My only thoughts on this subject is to wonder why you are having these thoughts.
Leave them alone.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

No, we should fix the fact that no one here seems to realize we're in hell, currently. Why bother fixing things that are purposely set up in an evil reality and being inflicted on us based on judgement by the monsters who reside behind the scenes?

edit on 12-2-2018 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JWill

I think they all say if they could change they would.. at least at one point in their lives.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I agree leave them alone.. we can not even diagnose is successfully, let alone cure it..

It’s a thought experiment..
edit on 12-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

I think you might need to listen to the force lol..

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You know when we start feeling the need to “fix” people who are otherwise productive happy members of society we might have a problem with acceptance, tolerance and compassion. To FlukeSkywalker, I’ve had this same thought, something just feels off about this realm of existence we find ourselves struggling to survive in. There really does seem to be this air of evil lingering over this world. What kind of omnipotent, “benevolent”, all seeing “God” would allow it’s so called “children” to suffer at the hands of the chosen few elite who have lorded over this planet for my millennia just to make a point about freewill? It doesn’t make sense at all.
edit on 12-2-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yes, Hollywood programming is part of the hell we reside in, thanks for pointing that out.

edit on 12-2-2018 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Is it just a clump of cells like pro-choice adherents say or is forcibly changing sexuality an anti-gay/transgender act? Be real hard to support the latter without giving up one of the main defenses of abortion, I mean, it's not a real human yet right?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

well that should be up to the parents...those who are pro abortion should have no issue with that. If technology allows us to pick a boy or a girl I'm sure there would be no issue..

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JWill
I have children, so yes -most definitely.

I've had gay people tell me in confidence they wish they were straight. It's a very difficult thing to contend with.

Thats sad if thats true....I hope they find someone that makes them happy in their skin...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So in this fictitious scenario, we have accepted the fact that homosexuality is a disorder? That would be the only reason to have done the research to find a cure, no?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

well that should be up to the parents...those who are pro abortion should have no issue with that. If technology allows us to pick a boy or a girl I'm sure there would be no issue..

"Designer kids"....kinda takes the charm out of reproduction imo..

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Cure, Fix?
Lookup the ancestry of the entire human genome.

Some have contributed to remarkable and innovative aspects to our history as a world population.

Fix the obsession that they should be fixed.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Fixing sounds like it boarders on eugenics. Fixng genetics before birth -from appearance to what the op mentions, boarders on being unfair to those whose parents didn't have that choice for their children. May lead to further ostrazization of those who were not able to have corrections.
edit on 12-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: auto correct error

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zakaris

I assume this wouldn’t be until late term..

Oh, I get it...

Your going with the conservative fairy tale where all the left wants abortions available until the due date..

Confused me for a second since that is almost no ones real life opinion..

It is hard to keep up with this weeks roghtwing world..

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Going by that logic - we shouldn't consider fixing any other medical/biological issues an unborn baby might have (which could theoretically be fixed) for the same reasons. Not really fair on the poor kid that has to live with it.
edit on 12/2/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I think if your (not you, you) waiting for someone to complete you.. your fooling yourself..

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No.

Once we start down this path, what else are we going to "fix"?

Short people?
Gingers? (Well, yes to those)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join