It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG poised to reignite war over FBI’s Clinton case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So much has been made of "The Memo," and the still unreleased rebuttal memo, and it has all played as a political football. But the memos really aren't that significant otherwise. What is significant is the soon to be released Inspector General report, a thorough and in-depth investigation with names and facts and evidence:

IG poised to reignite war over FBI’s Clinton case

Few people have heard of Michael Horowitz, but that’s about to change.

Horowitz, the Department of Justice (DOJ) inspector general, is an increasingly critical player in the controversy surrounding the FBI, President Trump and the Russia investigation.

With little fanfare, he has been conducting a sprawling probe of the FBI’s handling of the 2016 investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server. His full report, which could set off shockwaves, is expected by the early spring.

Whereas the Nunes Memo was regarded as political and representing one partisan side, with virtually no evidence of prove their claims, this IG report will be based on facts and evidence -- witness statements, documents, records, etc. -- without political spin or bias. In theory at least.

Horowitz told lawmakers last November that his investigators had reviewed roughly 1.25 million records and conducted dozens of interviews in connection with the ongoing investigation. At the time, he said he expected the report to be issued by March or April.

On the plus side, Horowitz is spoken of highly by his colleagues:

Those who know Horowitz portray him as an independent voice..... But Horowitz’s reputation will be put to the test when he releases the findings of the Clinton investigation. No matter what he concludes, it’s likely to create a political firestorm...

It won't be the first time he's fed the political fires either. Remember the Fast & Furious gun running fiasco?

He is best remembered in his current role for coming down hard on regional officials at Justice and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for the infamous “Fast and Furious” operation in which officials allowed the illegal sale of firearms in a botched effort to track Mexican drug cartels.

Just six months into the job, Horowitz issued a report eviscerating law enforcement officials in Arizona for a “significant lack of oversight” and disregard for “the safety of individuals in the United States and Mexico.”

And there's this:

Horowitz also clashed with the Obama administration over Justice and the FBI bucking requests for documents from the inspector general’s office.

Currently, Horowitz is looking at --

...allegations of wrongdoing by Justice Department and FBI officials leading up the 2016 election...

...whether then-FBI Director James Comey broke FBI procedure with his public disclosures about the Clinton case, including the letter that he sent to Congress a few weeks before the election....

...allegations that McCabe should have been recused from the investigation....

...unauthorized disclosures of information....

And it would seem that the anticipated report is already having repercussions, with several resignations of officials, including Andrew McCabe himself:

Horowitz’s probe has become all the more relevant in light of McCabe’s decision to step down last week. According to The New York Times, Christopher Wray, whom Trump installed as FBI director last year after Comey’s ouster, had raised concerns about details of the forthcoming inspector general report that led him to propose that McCabe be demoted.

There is still no scheduled date for release of this report to the public, but this is the important report to watch for. Presumably it will corroborate the claims in the Nunes memo, and Heaven only knows what else:

His statement last January contained an important caveat. “If circumstances warrant,” it said, “the [inspector general] will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.”

Fasten your seatbelts folks! It may be a rocky ride

More about IG Horowitz:
FBI obstructs oversight, DOJ Inspector General says (Sept 2014)
Inspectors general say Obama aides obstruct investigations: Examiner Editorial (Aug 2014)
Former FBI Agent and Alleged Co-Conspirators Indicted for Scheme to Obstruct Federal Fraud Investigation (Oct 2012)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

And here is where the minds of the left are absolutely going to explode!!!

Horowitz has been biding his time and waiting to strike back, calling it a rocky ride is putting it lightly!!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Strozk got demoted, several have resigned...

The dominoes are starting to fall.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The "1000 plane air raid" sirens are set off ⏰☄

It's getting louder 📢

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Horowitz has been biding his time and waiting to strike back, calling it a rocky ride is putting it lightly!!

My head's not going to explode. I have patience, and I'll believe something will come of it when I see it. The fact trump would not let the Democratic memo to be released tells me there's something in it. You can he keep saying Clinton Clinton Clinton , but trump and camp Will get theirs.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

hear that?... well its a little quiet, until that other shoe drops, but that shoe is like a size 17 Shaquile O'Neil kinda shoe droppin'.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

"minds of the left are absolutely going to explode!!!"
"waiting to strike back"

Waiting to strike back? What does that even mean? Is he an interested party in a feud of some sort? And here I thought he was conducting an investigation.

Fast forward a couple months and when no massive conspiracy is uncovered, Trump supporters will be smearing Horowitz and demanding another investigation and a probe of Horowitz.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Deep State still could be in control of the final report.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I like how you all are so sure the IG is going to find incriminating evidence against the previous administration. When the report doesn't support that of course the IG will then be either an implant or an Obama left over or God forbid...a democrat. Who wants to bet?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

You think he's going to lie to protect trump?

Not going to happen.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

edit on 2122018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Waiting to strike back? What does that even mean?

It means Never Trump is going to continuing whining for the next year with their nothing burger.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

See setting it up already.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

hear that?... well its a little quiet...

How funny you should say that. I've been thinking it's like that eerie stillness in the eye of the storm right before all hell breaks loose...

And LOL about Shaq! I love Shaq -- so does my son. I have a funny story about my son and Shaq... I'm really not sure if it's totally and completely politically incorrect or the opposite!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The Deep State still could be in control of the final report.

We have to assume they want to be... and will try to be... by hook or by crook!

But I'm willing to give Horowitz some credit until he gives me reason to think otherwise. He's been fighting the crooks and corruption in govt for a long time -- despite their efforts to stonewall and obstruct his investigations.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I like how you all are so sure the IG is going to find incriminating evidence against the previous administration.

Well, of course, because we already know he has. For example, the Strzok/Page "lovebird" messages came from Horowitz. So it's not a matter of "if," it's only a matter of "how much" and "who" and "when" and "how."

When the report doesn't support that...

Oh dear... not "when" and not even "if"... as noted above, we already know. Well, some of us already know.... and some are apparently still in denial.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Lol, now ya have to tell me your son Shaq story

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Round and round we go. This is never going to end is it? I don't know how many times it's been said that "THIS" will be the straw that breaks the camel's back only to be shot down with another few weeks of back and forth BS.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

My head's not going to explode. I have patience, and I'll believe something will come of it when I see it. The fact trump would not let the Democratic memo to be released tells me there's something in it. You can he keep saying Clinton Clinton Clinton , but trump and camp Will get theirs.

I have patience, and I'll believe something will come of it when I see it.

Get a vision check soon. I don't want your seeing it to be blurred. Also , invest in a 4k TV. Make sure you watch in HDR . Gonna "knock your socks off"

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Is there any solid info that this isn't just wishful speculation on the part of the writers at The Hill? After all, there was this same kind of tone about the Comey investigation, even the likes of Sean Hannity were saying he had confidence in Comey getting to the bottom of the Clinton email scandal and then they let her off the hook. At this point, I'm not getting my hopes up. I have a great deal of respect for IGs, so I don't want to unfairly judge him before the fact, but this isn't promising (my emphasis):

He is best remembered in his current role for coming down hard on regional officials at Justice and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for the infamous “Fast and Furious” operation in which officials allowed the illegal sale of firearms in a botched effort to track Mexican drug cartels.

Just six months into the job, Horowitz issued a report eviscerating law enforcement officials in Arizona for a “significant lack of oversight” and disregard for “the safety of individuals in the United States and Mexico.”

While the investigation absolved Attorney General Eric Holder of blame, Horowitz recommended that the Justice Department consider potential disciplinary action for 14 officials involved.

Will he really come down hard on big fish like Clinton, Lynch? I guess we'll see.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join